PDA

View Full Version : What Would you do?

NicoleLJ
07-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Has anyone else seen this show "What Would You Do?" I am watching it right now and they did a very interesting experiment. They got two actors, male and female, to go into a restraunt to act like they were on a first date. Then the lady would go to the bathroom and while she did the man would put a drug (was actually just sugar for the experiment sake) in her drink. It was to see what people would do. Some that saw it actually would say or do nothing. Even when the girl came back, had the drink and acted like something was wrong. Some wouldn't do anything other then to suggest she get a new drink after she drank from it. A few others told the bartender, one man got very upset and jumped to her defense but only one person, an older lady, told her what she saw the man do.

So what would you do in this situation?

Grace
07-09-2010, 09:59 PM
I would have walked over, before she came back, and dumped the drink in his lap :D

And I might have called 911.

Bonny
07-09-2010, 10:13 PM
I agree with you Grace but dump it on his head so it can run down his shirt & soak his drawers. Then call 911. :D

blue
07-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Might have called 911?

Inform the bartender, get the bouncers, and if need be gather a mob, while someone else calls 911.

Marigold2
07-11-2010, 08:15 PM
He would have been walking funny when I was done with him. I would not have backed down to help a person in that situation.
I can be very tough when I have to be. I have surprised myself more then once and the poor person with me. When I think back I don't know why I wasn't afraid, I guess I should have been. Yikes.....

Karen
07-11-2010, 08:23 PM
I would actually have done something - I would have pulled her aside when I saw her coming back from the restroom, told her and advised she leave rather than risk her safety with this guy.

Vette
07-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Ive seen the show on occasion. its interesting. :D

the thing is with this type of stuff though is we all say what we 'want to do',, but what it really all comes down to is our instincts on if we actually 'do' what we say we want.

i seen a guy that was riding his bike an his foot slipped off the peddle an ended up getting caught in one of the front spokes. a split second later he an the bike were yanked to the ground. when he tried to pull his foot from the spokes it wouldnt budge. he was stuck. after what seemed like ages someone finally came over an helped the guy get his foot unstuck an helped him up.

when things happen like that on TV im quick to think 'HELP THEM' an all different scenarios of how i would.

but it was like i was a video tape put on pause the very instant it all happened. by the time i felt like someone pressed the un-pause button he didnt need help anymore.

i later felt so pissed at myself for just standing there looking stupid when i could of helped. but it wasnt by choice. if my brain had actually kicked in i would got my ass in gear.

i guess either you got it or you dont.
im one of the ones that dont i think :o i just hope if there's a next situation that its not serious cuz i'll most likely freeze again.