PDA

View Full Version : Marines and kittens

Prairie Purrs
07-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Here's a story about Marines rescuing kittens in Afghanistan. Such sweet photos!

http://www.uniquescoop.com/2010/06/kitties-rescued-by-us-marine-soldiers.html

lvpets2002
07-09-2010, 11:52 AM
:love: Awee how so Good & Sweet of these men.. So glad they are doing those rescues for the babies.. Such Adorable photos of them & the babies..

Killearn Kitties
07-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Great story, and all those fabulous pictures of teeny kittens too! :love:

The last photo with Keykey in her new home in Michigan - do you think that man keeps a car in his sitting room, or do people in Michigan normally have TVs in their garage??

Laura's Babies
07-09-2010, 02:36 PM
I LOVED this and some of the kitties are in the USA already!! Wow!

Prairie Purrs
07-09-2010, 02:48 PM
The last photo with Keykey in her new home in Michigan - do you think that man keeps a car in his sitting room, or do people in Michigan normally have TVs in their garage??

LOL! I'm guessing that the man spends a lot of time in his garage! Whether it's because he's working on the car and other projects, or whether that's his "man cave," I couldn't say. ;)

Grace
07-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Great story, and all those fabulous pictures of teeny kittens too! :love:

My guess is that he has his workshop in the garage. And the TV is there for watching the Tigers play :)

Those kittens/cats are adorable. I wonder if Afghanistan has only orange cats? Maybe because they blend into the background better.

Sonia59
07-09-2010, 04:04 PM
So cute! :love::love:

phesina
07-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Ohhh.... AREN'T they good. God bless them all and keep them all safe.

KnightOwl
07-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Killearn Kitties View Post
Great story, and all those fabulous pictures of teeny kittens too!

Heh! If I had THAT muscle car in my garage I'd be spending much time in there. Yeah, that has got to be the 'Man Cave'.

My thumbs up to the Marines for the softness of their hearts. True, it is very lonely 'over there'. Was in my time, and trust me, it don't get no better from generation to generation.

In my time it was two little pups the Vietnamese were going to sell for food. My buddy and I raised them and when it was our time to rotate we turned them over to a Captain on his way home with a discharge in his hand. He carried them to St Louis to his wife and family.

Prairie Purrs
07-09-2010, 09:39 PM
In my time it was two little pups the Vietnamese were going to sell for food. My buddy and I raised them and when it was our time to rotate we turned them over to a Captain on his way home with a discharge in his hand. He carried them to St Louis to his wife and family.

Bless you for rescuing those puppies! I hope they lived long and happy lives with the Captain and his family.

momcat
07-09-2010, 11:02 PM
That has to be the best post I've seen in a very long time! In a part of the world where the positives are few and far between, it's great to know our Marines have found the love and companionship only a kitty can give.

God protect these extraordinary gentlemen and bring them home soon! :love:

blue
07-09-2010, 11:42 PM
I think we all knew this was going on, our military men and women arent only dog people after all. It is great to see the pics and to know the kittehs are going home with our brave men and women of uniform.

krazyaboutkatz
07-10-2010, 12:49 AM
What a wonderful story.:) The kittens sure are cutie pies. Thanks for sharing this with us.:)

Medusa
07-10-2010, 05:33 AM
Love this story and the photos are just too adorable! Thanx for sharing this, Penny. :)

catmandu
07-10-2010, 07:14 AM
I believe that our soldiers have always had a fond spot in their hearts for Cats and Dogs who have been displaced by the war.
:love::love::love:
I remember well the story of Abraham Lincoln as he scooped three homeless Cats into his stove pipe hat on the fields of Gettsyburg.
Well done men, mission accomplished:love::love::love::cool: