PDA

View Full Version : asking advice on hotels,motels in the USA

carole
07-06-2010, 08:52 PM
My son mentioned to me last night he is thinking of going to the States for a holiday, so wondering if anyone can suggest either websites or good accommodation in these following places.

Los Angeles
San Francisco
Las Vegas

Either a hotel or motel, around $100 dollars US per night, don't even know if that is reasonable or not,again please advise me if you can on the going rates.

Thanking you in advance.

kitten645
07-06-2010, 09:30 PM
In Vegas, I stayed at the MGM Grand for $89! There are deals to be had for sure! Look online. I live in SF and it's tougher there. You could probably get something fo $100 just outside of town and use BART to get into town. The stupid part is that it stops at midnight! :rolleyes: LA is so huge it depends on where he wants to stay/see. You MUST drive in LA. SF & Vegas you can do on public transport. :cool:
Claudia

carole
07-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks Claudia, what did you think of your accommodation in Vegas, was it good? would you recommend it? thing is yes i can look online, but not having stayed there, it is hard to know how good the accommodation is? they can all look pretty good online, even the dives.

Anyone stayed in the super 8 motels, we have super six here, they are standard but fine, looking at one in LA, close to everything.

So if anyone can recommend somewhere please post,be much appreciated, at this stage he is just toying with the idea, might never happen, but worth checking out.

thanks again.

Pinot's Mom
07-07-2010, 07:15 AM
You will find LOTS of deals in Vegas - go onto one of the travel sites (Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire) and see what the deals are. As far as the commercial hotel chains, my husband and I have always had good luck with Best Western Hotels, my sister swears by Hampton Inn. They're both usually quite reasonable and perfectly adequate. Sorry I couldn't be more specific to your locations!