PDA

View Full Version : RECALL on pet care supplements

pomtzu
07-05-2010, 11:20 AM
FYI:

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm217999.htm

I have two on the list - one was okay because of the date, but one is within the recall mfg date. Thankfully I hadn't used any of it yet. It will be returned for a refund. :(

chocolatepuppy
07-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Geez. I give my pups a supplement from Drs. Foster and Smith! Thank goodness it isn't on the list. I'm almost afraid to pill or feed my dogs/cat anything.:( Thanks for posting this pomtzu.

Asiel
07-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Thanks for that list Pom. I don't buy too much in supplements, never needed them but my friend has just about anything they put out on the shelves, going to give her this list. Amazing the recalls today on just about everything.

pomtzu
07-05-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't do much in supplements either - just a multi-vitamin and glucosamine since they both have bad knees.
I have the Pro-Pet Senior Daily Vitamin which was on the list, but the date on the bottle I have, says it's okay. Then I thought I'd give the Pro-Pet Glucosamine Advanced Joint Powder a try, but the date on that bottle falls into the recall. I hadn't even broken the seal under the cap since I was still using up a different kind that I have. That will go back, and just to be sure it doesn't go back on the store shelves, I broke the seal. I bought it at Walmart and they're notorious for not keeping up with recalls, so I'm going to print out a copy of that list and take it with me when I return what I have.
That's all I would have needed - to give that to Myndi as sick as she was. I hate to think of those consequences...........:mad: Someone sure is looking out for my little girl lately! :love::D

krazyaboutkatz
07-05-2010, 03:14 PM
I don't do much in supplements either - just a multi-vitamin and glucosamine since they both have bad knees.
I have the Pro-Pet Senior Daily Vitamin which was on the list, but the date on the bottle I have, says it's okay. Then I thought I'd give the Pro-Pet Glucosamine Advanced Joint Powder a try, but the date on that bottle falls into the recall. I hadn't even broken the seal under the cap since I was still using up a different kind that I have. That will go back, and just to be sure it doesn't go back on the store shelves, I broke the seal. I bought it at Walmart and they're notorious for not keeping up with recalls, so I'm going to print out a copy of that list and take it with me when I return what I have.
That's all I would have needed - to give that to Myndi as sick as she was. I hate to think of those consequences...........:mad: Someone sure is looking out for my little girl lately! :love::D

Whew! I'm so glad to hear that you haven't used any of these yet. I already posted on the thread in cat general and I was wondering if the supplement may have also caused Myndi to get so sick. Now I'm so glad to hear that you never started it yet.:) Luckily I don't use any of these products on my cats.

pomtzu
07-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Walmart got it right for a change. When I took mine back for a refund, I purposely went back and checked the pet section, and they had pulled the recalled items. I know they weren't all just sold either, since there were a lot of them when I bought mine, but none left on the shelf when I checked.
Kudos to Walmart this time around. :)