PDA

View Full Version : We couldn't live alone- please welcome Orion - new pics #56/57

Barbara
07-04-2010, 07:17 AM
I had no idea how tough it would be to have a house completely without cats.
I came home and my mind wondered where they were. I opened a door and saw a shadow. I woke up and there were no little feet to jump on the bed.
After some days in which we cried whenever we looked at each other I began to look for Abyssinians on the web.
In Germany there aren’t too many Abys so there was no chance to rescue one And we knew we couldn’t live without an Aby. So when I saw that a Salzburg breeder had kittens who could leave for their final home in August I felt I had to call there … only to hear whether there would be one available at all.
It turned out she had a litter of 4 seven months old boys who were without papers meaning they cannot go to cat shows or breed- but who wants that? And one of them came home with us right away. He is a blue Aby- also something we never thought of. His color gave him some new names like “little wolf”.
It came as a surprise to us as there was no plan. I felt it would be nice to have someone here beginning of winter but now there was little Orion who spend his first evening under the bed and has discovered his new home since.
He gave us back big smiles- showing how much Filou’s long suffereing and the passing of Tigris had gotten to us.
Enjoy his first pictures from the balcony:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2619

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2620

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2621

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2623

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2622

Barbara
07-04-2010, 07:18 AM
Orion is a big play hunter- so the name fits purrfectly. But he is also a cuddle boy and even a lap kitty.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2618

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2624

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2625

He was about the most quiet boy of his litter and even was good with the vet- let her look in his ears and his teeth. He has been wearing a harness all afternoon yesterday so we have some hope to go out with him. But first he will have to go for the big snip next week- in Europe many people don’t neuter there cats until they are adult and little Orion looks rather grown up at his back end;)

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2626

Even if I’m sure many people will think he’s a girl;)

We plan in the next months to find another kitty from a shelter to live with him. But we want him to have the chance to fully get used to us first- and us to get used again to a kitten;)

Cinder & Smoke
07-04-2010, 07:44 AM
:D

GOOD Work, Filou and Tigris!

Nice selection you sent to Mom & Dad ... you Kids picked well!

Hang on, Orion - you've got some really big Kat-prints to walk in! :love:

catmandu
07-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Please allow us to be the third to con-cat-ulate you on your New Cat Companion!!:love::love:
We know that Filou and Tigris Angels ^^ ^^ would be the very first to do so:love::love:
What a Little MagnfiCat Orion is , a truly stunning Little Cat of The Future!!:D:D
Head Bumpies , Kitty Kissies and Love from the Found Cat Hotel:love::love:
for Orion who has Two Wonderful Cat Guardian Angels watching over him:love::love:

sasvermont
07-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Such great news! He is so handsome. I am sure your boys would approve of him. I could never live without having an Aby around, either. There is something about them. They are often interchangeable. So predictable too. Although each one has it's own little purrrrsonality, they all have so much in common.

I hope you have many, many good years with Orion and his soon to be good, playmate.

Congrats Barbara and Siegmar.
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::l ove:

Randi
07-04-2010, 07:47 AM
What a sweet and handsome boy he is! :love: No wonder you couldn't resist him!

He is the quite the social boy, it seems, and very alert. His ears look so big compared to his face, and in the lap picture, he looks very content and relaxed. :) Later, I'm sure he'll enjoy a friend to play with.

Looks like he has been checking eveything out already and he will surely enjoy the balcony.

Now, if the breeder doesn't have his birthdate, you must pick a date for his birthday!

Congratulations on your perfect home Orion, and welcome to Pet Talk!

Barbara and Siegmar, I think you made the right choice! :D Filou and Tigris would surely agree! Happy times ahead!

Queen of Poop
07-04-2010, 07:56 AM
Concatulations Orion!! You have found a wonderful home. May you have many happy years with your new family.

Mad Mags Moo
07-04-2010, 07:58 AM
WOW! He is absolutely lovely and so handsome!!!:love:

Karen
07-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Congratulations, Orion! You have landed yourself in the best possible home!

Barbara, he's such a handsome boy, and already looks quite at home. Thanks for sharing the good news!

phesina
07-04-2010, 08:29 AM
What a beautiful boy! Orion, you have been chosen for a very important mission.. which is sounds like you have already accomplished wonderfully. Tigris and Filou Angels must be so proud!

Welcome HOME, Orion! And congratulations to Barbara and Siegmar!

Prairie Purrs
07-04-2010, 08:31 AM
What a darling boy! He looks purrfectly happy and comfortable.

Welcome, Orion--you're a very lucky little guy!

RICHARD
07-04-2010, 08:41 AM
New cat Orion.
The star shines inside the house.
Smiles from mom and dad.

Bengalz
07-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!! Orion :love::love:

You are just the most gorgeous boy and what happy smiles you put on Barbara and Seigmar's faces - good job sweetie:D

Barbara and Seigmar,

You have been chosen well - it seems Tigris and Filou have been extremely busy ensuring the right baby was in the right place at the right time - your boys are taking good care of you:D Orion is a very lucky little Aby and I'm sure will bring you much joy, happiness and entertainment in the years to come.

Please keep us informed as watching this little fellow grow up is going to be a wonderful adventure.

Congratulations to all:love::love::love:

Freedom
07-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Oh my gosh, he is so SLEEK I can almost feel that smooth coat on my monitor! What an amazing color for an Aby!

Hello Orion, welcome to your PT home!

I am very happy for ALL of you! :D

Grace
07-04-2010, 10:23 AM
He's gorgeous. My favorite of the pictures -

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2626

Pinot's Mom
07-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Aww, Barbara, I'm so glad! Congratulations to you and Siegmar on your new BEAUTIFUL boy! :)

Vermontcat
07-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Congratulations on the handsome new addition to the family!:D
Orion has such a cute baby face!
I know how empty a house can feel without a cat in it, it was hard for me after Samantha went to the Rainbow Bridge because she had been with us for 20 years and had always been in this house with us.
When I got Milly & Izzy they put a smile back on my face and I'm sure that your baby Orion does the same thing for you.:)
I'm so happy you found a new baby to love and to entertain you, I had a feeling that you would get another sweet Aby cat when you were ready to get a new one.;)
I hope to see lots of new pictures of Orion in the future.:)

lizbud
07-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Orion is beautiful.:D His face looks so sweet. Welcome Orion, you lucky boy.:)

Scooter's Mom
07-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Orion is stunning! I'm so glad he found you.

Husky_mom
07-04-2010, 11:50 AM
*drops dead*... such a gorgeous kitty!!...

amazing coloring.. and he looks so sweet.. awww...

congrats and welcome Orion :D

momcat
07-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi Orion and welcome to the Pet Talk family! You could not have found a better furever home and more loving purrents. As you will soon find out, PT kitties get only the very best of everything. And you already have many fans around the world!

You sure are one handsome kitty boy! I wish you and your great purrents many years of love, companionship, and happiness.

Please ask your meowmie to give you lots of welcome scritchies and lovies from me? :love: :love: :love: :love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Congrats on your new addition!!!:D I'm so thrilled for both of you. Just looking at his pictures gave me LES,happy tears, and I love seeing the smiles on both of your faces. He's such a handsome blue boy and I'm sure he'll bring you many years of fun and entertainment.:)

I'm sure that both Filou and Tigris had a lot to do with you finding this boy at this time because they saw how sad you both were. I look forward to many pictures and stories about him in the future and I'm also looking forward to seeing and hearing about his new future playmate. Now enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!:D

Vio&Juni
07-04-2010, 05:46 PM
We visited today and saw the little guy. Ahhhh, he's so sweet. I got to torture him a little with kisses, I played with him until he took his nap under the bed.

I just love Orion, he's the sweetest cat around. Barbara and Siegmar could not find a better kitten: sweet, loving, playful, handsome, and very smart.

Barbara was so proud of the little guy that he wouldn't eat from the table! He-he, he figured that what Barbara had on her plate this time looked very tasty.

Unfortunately, I forgot the camera at home.

Killearn Kitties
07-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Oh Barbara, I love him! These pictures are all adorable. :love:
Welcome beautiful boy. You have certainly landed on your paws. :D

carole
07-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Oh my gosh, where was the cuteness warning, he is simply divine, a beautiful young kitty, welcome Orion to PT, we shall be hearing a lot about you in the near future and looking forward to it, cannot wait to see his new brother or sister either, yep life just ain't the same without a kitty and i have heard once you have an Aby or any of the pedigree breeds ,you just cannot live without them, thanks for sharing your gorgeous new addition.:)

Taz_Zoee
07-04-2010, 07:53 PM
This is just wonderful!! Welcome home Orion! :D :D

Russian Blue
07-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Awww...too adorable! And I LOVE his colouring. Very unique.

Congrats, Barbara and Siegmar! I'm sure he'll bring much joy to the household.

Now you just need to find a second one to keep Orion entertained! :D

Laura's Babies
07-04-2010, 10:46 PM
I agree Grace with your selection of the favorite picture. He has that kitten look in that in his face and loos so sleek!

Barbra, congratulations on your new family member. He is adoreable and looks like he is capable of filling that big empty spot in your house and heart.

ORIN, WELCOME HOME! Happy Gotcha Day!!

katladyd
07-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Barbara and Siegmar, you both have been on my mind since Filou's passing. I was wondering how you both were doing with living in a catless home. Now I know. You have made a place in your heart for dear little Orion. I am positive Tigris and Filou are looking down from Heaven and smiling because Mom and Dad are happy once again!:love:

anna_66
07-05-2010, 06:07 AM
He is very stunning! This little guy couldn't have found himself a better home:D

moosmom
07-05-2010, 07:17 AM
What a beautiful Abby!!! Orion is gorgeous! I'm so glad you had a change of heart and got a new kitty, even though Orion can NEVER fill the other kitty's paws.

cassiesmom
07-05-2010, 10:24 AM

GOOD Work, Filou and Tigris!

Nice selection you sent to Mom & Dad ... you Kids picked well!

:love:

Phred, this post made my already leaky eyes overflow :)

Welcome, precious Orion! I enjoyed meeting you today! You are very handsome and, may I say it?- beautiful! gentle *kiss* for you

momoffuzzyfaces
07-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Orion!!! :love:

I am so happy for you and your new purr-ents!!! I know you will have two cat guardian angels to watch over you your entire life!!! :love:

gini
07-05-2010, 01:39 PM
I remember how difficult it was after I lost my heart cat, Sugar after 18 years. All I could do was cry. But Patches came into my life then and I realized that in my sadness I had deprived another kitty of a good home and lots of good food and love.

Orion, oh you have no idea how much you are going to be loved and how happy you will make two people.

Congratulations to everyone! Let the stories and pictures begin!!!!

momcat
07-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Hi Barbara!
I just had to come for another look at your adorable little love muffin, Orion. How is he doing today? By now I'm sure he has completely taken over your house and has filled it with the love only a kitty can bring :love:

Could I ask you to give him plenty of lovies from me?

slick
07-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Barbara - I'm beyond thrilled for you. Sometimes it takes being kittyless to realize how much of a void there is. Welcome home sweet Orion! You are going to have the best life ever! :love:

Please plant a kiss on that forhead from me. :)

jennielynn1970
07-05-2010, 08:39 PM
What a beautiful boy Orion is!! Best wishes for you all!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Oh Barbara and Siegmar, he's adorable! I love his wide curious eyes! He looks like he has settled in quite nicely already.

I was so saddened when I just read your post about Filou, but now my heart is happy again for you. I think Orion is just what you needed and I'm positive Filou and Tigris had a hand in bringing him to you.

Good luck on the "big snip" Orion, and welcome home! :D

gini
07-05-2010, 10:58 PM
This photo made me laugh - he looks as though he is laying down the
law and tellin you exactly how things will be in HIS new home.:Dhttp://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2620

Medusa
07-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Congrats on your new family member. What an adorable face he has! I can tell that he's already healing your heart. :)

Cataholic
07-06-2010, 10:14 AM
We can only go forward, never back. So, it is a huge welcome to Orion, and his yet unknown playmate. I am sure he will help heal your hearts.

Lillycat sends her best wishes, too. She is locked out of PT at the moment.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Awwwwwwwww I am soooooooooo happy for you Barbara!!
Getting this little sweetheart Orion will help you a lot with accepting the passing of both Tigris & Filou....! He can never replace them, but he eases the pain you feel! Now you can give all the love to little Orion!

I remember how devastated I was after my dear Sydney passed away so suddenly:(. One week later, we went to a cat shelter where we found our sweet Maya; She knew better than anyone else how to brighten up our life!!

Good luch with your new bengal :love::love::love::love::love:

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Oh, Barbara, it is wonderful to see you and Siegmar smile! I am so happy that your hearts have begun to heal. Orion is a very handsome boy, and he is so lucky to join your family. I can't wait to hear about his adventures. :D

Momto4FemaleFelines
07-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Congratulations! Orion is beautiful!

Sonia59
07-07-2010, 04:34 AM
Wonderful! What a beautiful guy he is! :love::love: We will need some more pics soon, to see how he grows, how well he rules the house, and because we don't often see blue abbys :D

Welcome little Orion! :)

catlady1945
07-08-2010, 09:55 AM
What a beautiful cat! Congratulations - yes, it is difficult to live catless.

cassiesmom
07-08-2010, 11:20 AM

Orion, I love this picture of you reminding me to take time to smell the flowers! You are such a cutie! I hope you are settling in to your new home very well. Please have your people give you some hugs from me!

krazyaboutkatz
07-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Barbara, so how is Orion doing? We'd also love to see some new pictures of him if you have any.:)

Barbara
07-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Little Orion is well. We believe he was so very well behaved as he lived with his cat mom and cat dad and so has been a lower man on the totem pole much of his life ;)
He plays vigorously and has started to climb in the little roof in the balcony. I promise to post new pictures at the weekend but today is a special day: Orion had his appointment with Trude the vet for his big snip. He didn't have any food this morning and was very good about it- he began to wail a little but was easily distracted with the feather wand. When I come home he will be home already. I am not really worried - I know from experience that it is no big thing for boys but still......

Vio&Juni
07-08-2010, 01:35 PM
He's probably home already. Even if he's a bit wobbly tonight, he's gonna be ok tomorrow. Orion, sweetie, you'll grow big and healthy.

Barbara
07-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Wobbly- no way!
He stands in the room and wants to play. He has eaten already (including some fluid painkiller which Trude gave us and says he is ok!!!!
He even got a welcome gift from her and that is a chip. So he is chipped and snipped and happy.

Killearn Kitties
07-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Glad to hear that adorable Orion is neither up nor down after his operation. Have a good sleep tonight handsome boy and get ready for your photoshoot this weekend. :D

Pinot's Mom
07-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Glad you're well, sweet little Orion, looking forward to your pictures!!:)

jenluckenbach
07-08-2010, 08:17 PM
I am so pleased to meet dear Orion. CONGRATULATIONS!!

krazyaboutkatz
07-09-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm glad to hear that Orion's big snip went well and that he's home wanting to play. I know that males have a much easier time with this than females so I'm sure he'll heal up quickly.:) I look forward to seeing more pictures of him and hearing all about his antics. I know he's going to have a huge fan club here at PT.:)

Barbara
07-11-2010, 11:09 AM
It’s not so easy to take pictures with Orion.
He sleeps 60% of the day, plays 20%, eats 10% and cuddles 10%.
He still prefers to sleep in hidden places- (execept in the night when it is the bed most of the time) which tells us he is not 100% at home yet and when he plays he is far too fast for us.
So it is cuddle pictures- our Orion is a lap cat :love:

Cuddling with Meowmie (BTW it’s very hot here- so what I wear is a Maya dress I brought from Mexico in 1996 which is just purrfect for the climate):

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2658

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2657

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2653

Barbara
07-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Cuddling with Pawpaw:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2656

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2655

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2654

And as a bonus we have Master Orion sitting in front of the tent Auntie Vio gave to Filou years ago. She made it herself.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2659

Cataholic
07-11-2010, 01:35 PM
To me, he already looks pretty settled in. He looks happy, sleek, and maybe a little bit nawtee!

phesina
07-11-2010, 01:42 PM
What a lovebug! How sweet!

Vermontcat
07-11-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm so happy to hear that Orion's snip and chip went well and that he is settling in to his new home nicely.:)
I love the new photos you posted, a purring lap cat is a nice thing to have, I have two of my own.;)
Please keep posting more pictures of him, he is such a handsome boy.:)
Please give him a hug and kiss from me.:love:

katladyd
07-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Orion is not only extremely handsome, he's cuter than a cat should be! Just keep giving that cuddle boy loves from all of us. I am so glad you all found each other, I love happy endings!:love:

Sonia59
07-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Orion might not be fully at home yet, but he is starting to love it, I think :)

I thought he was smaller but he seems pretty big already when he is in your arms. Anyway, Orion is gorgeous :love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks for posting some new pictures of handsome Orion.:) I just love his blue coloring. I've seen blue Abys at cat shows before but his coat is so much more gorgeous than any blue Aby I've ever seen.:D

He looks very happy and content in his new home. He may just be a bit lonely being an only cat so when you adopt a playmate for him maybe this will help him settle into his new home much better.:) I look forward to many more stories and pictures about him.:)

cassiesmom
07-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Orion, you are so handsome and you look so content occupying mum's and dad's laps! A big hug and kiss to you from me!

lizbud
07-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks for posting pictures of your handsome Orion.:love: Looks like
he fits in your arms purrfectly.:) Has he discovered every inch of your
place yet? He still looks so curious.:) I especially like this picture, the way
the light reflects on him, really shows off his coloring......

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=283&pictureid=2659

Randi
07-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Orion really is a handsome boy, and he looks so content there in your labs. :) There's probably still a little bit to explore, but I can tell he's happy with you.

Once he gets a playmate, I can just picture then racing around. :D

Kisses to your wonderful boy from me. :love:

Bengalz
07-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Such a pretty baby:love: I love how he cuddles - just what mommy and daddy need - healing power in those little paws:D

Kisses and hugs to you darling boy.

shais_mom
07-12-2010, 01:16 PM
He is gorgeous! i'm so happy for you! congratulations from Ohio!

cassiesmom
07-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Hello, handsome Orion! I am just here ooh-ing and aah-ing at handsome YOU again! Please have your people give you a big hug from me, you are so beautiful!

Killearn Kitties
07-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Orion, you certainly look at though you you are gaining control of your household. Well done, clever boy. :love:
Cuddles can open so many doors. ;) :D :D

Randy_K
07-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Orion is quite stunning! And a seven month old is a tornado on paws. I think he is a great addition to the family.

A home without an Aby is far too quiet and I have no doubt that Filou and Tigris guided your choice. Well done!

captain
07-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh - I am so very happy to "hear" this.
He is certainly stunning, and I am so very very happy he is bringing back your smiles.

cassiesmom
07-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi, Orion, cutie! How was your weekend? You sure are a beautiful Aby kitty!

krazyaboutkatz
07-19-2010, 12:51 PM
I hope you're staying out of trouble Orion.:) My Blaze is a little monkey too and I know he's going to be getting into everything. Alani is much more laid back and calmer.

So when will you have a new playmate?

MoonandBean
07-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Hey...I'm just seeing this now.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! ORION IS STUNNING!!!!!!! :)

cassiesmom
07-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Dear sweet Orion,
I was just thinking about you this morning and then I saw this post...

Orion here. Can you imagine what my people did. they closed my nice balcony and tore it all down. My door to the outside is closed all the time. They say it will be bigger and better but I can see now that I could easily stroll from the new platform to the roof and maybe go to see the girls downstairs as there is no stupid netting.

I am sorry your door to the outside was closed off. I'm sure your people are making a nice safe place for you to enjoy the outdoors. You are so handsome and precious, i would not want anything bad happening to you.

Your admiring fan,
Elyse

Barbara
07-28-2010, 01:39 PM
In this picture Elyse quoted you can see the netting in which there was the hole through which Orion escaped and the roof to which he esacped :D
The balcony will get wider now and as the guys who do it are very unreliable (Isn't that normal with contractors all over the world:rolleyes:) it takes longer than anticipated. We still hope that by the end of next week the new netting is in place.