PDA

View Full Version : I am home with all the girls now!!

Laura's Babies
07-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Got in late last night after a long trip back to the south. I am so sore from just sitting in that car! it was 11 hours in that car to get home...

Rie called me about 5 pm yesterday, she was at my house and was really concerned about Boo. There was blood all in the chair she was laying in and blood on her rear end, she had called the vet and made an appointment to bring her in the first thing this morning. I told her to forget the appointment and take her down there to leave her overnight or I would be up all night worried to death and trying to find a emergency vet to take her too..

I picked her up this morning. She had a abscess on her hind shank, close to her private parts and it just ruptured and that was the reason for all the blood in the chair. He cleaned it and got what he could out of it and said it will continue to bleed and drain, gave me some antibiotics for her and for me to just watch it.. I asked him about doing some blood work on her due to her age (she will be 15 this year) and we are doing that, the extensive test that checks everything that he said he recommend on senior cats. It will take several days to get the results back on that. She is home and rather cranky, I can tell that place bothers her when she walks but hopefully that will ease up in a day or so?

The other girls were SO happy to see me, Samantha is sitting on the keyboard tray watching every move I make right now. She has followed every step I have made since I got in last night. They have all had lap and love time last night and this morning. Samantha and Amy kept me company in bed all night but I sure missed Boo not being there too.. Giz makes sure she gets her attention and loving although she has not slept with me since she was young..

We had a great trip out but it was SO hot for those guys that I worried about them. I don't think I have ever seen it as hot as it was that trip. We got off up in the shipyard, a 4 day stay in the shipyard had turned into a 10 day stay... clutches, wheels and a leak from the water tank into the fuel tank plus other stuff..

lvpets2002
07-01-2010, 12:16 PM
:) Welcome Home Laura.. Glad Boo will be ok & Huggss for her to get well soon.. Oh I know all of the babies were like Woo Hoo Meowmom is home again.. Huggss & Rest..

Hey you missed it.. You need to catch up on the 3 Babies are with me now from MOFF in KS.. We finally got the transporters set up & I went for them last Monday.. In Cat General there is a Thread of Welcome to TX Carmela, Tangy & Sunny.. Remember Tracey ask if we would name the boy Sunny after her RB Baby..

Karen
07-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I'd say "welcome home," but am sure the kitties beat me to it by a long mile! Sorry about Boo, hopefully it's something that will clear up quickly.

catmandu
07-01-2010, 02:34 PM
We are sending Our Prayers for Big Boo that she will be all right soon.:love::love:
That is frightening when we see Our Cats and blood, its a visual that conjours up the possibility of something very wrong.
We hope taht Boo's White Coat can make her well again:)
It must be so wonderful to be home, I would get home sick spending 10 hours away from My Cats!:eek:
Our Awesome Angels Companions Army once again had a tremendous time Lauar and they all say Thank You So Much.:love::love::love:

katladyd
07-01-2010, 02:37 PM
I am with you, Gary. I can't stand to be away from my kitties for longer than a few hours. They are my heart!:love: Still, they need to be fed and to have a safe home, and if going away once in awhile is what I had to do to keep them safe and fed, I would do it.

Medusa
07-01-2010, 03:45 PM
So sorry about Boo's booboo. I'm glad, though, that it's all cleaned up and healing now. Oh yes, and welcome home, Laura. :)

Freedom
07-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Welcome back, Laura!

Boo got the care and treatment she needs, and best of all now her momma is home with her. I think she will be fine now, lol. Those abcesses can be nasty! Glad it wasn't anything more serious. Prayers for her to recover quickly.

Pinot's Mom
07-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Welcome home Laura!! Hope Boo heals soon!

kitten645
07-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Welcome home! Keep Calm and Carry on. . :love: Boo will be much better with her Meowmie home.
Claudia & Calvin

krazyaboutkatz
07-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Welcome back Laura!:) I'm so sorry to hear about Boo:( but I'm glad that she got the treatment that she needs and I hope she'll recover quickly.:) I'm sure that all of your girls will be following you around for quite a while because they all missed you so much.:)

cassiesmom
07-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Welcome home, Laura!

Get well soon, sweet Kitty Boo!

phesina
07-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Welcome home, Laura, and be well very soon, Boo!

Laura's Babies
07-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Boo is better today. It is not bleeding or draining like it was yesterday. She just stood there awhile ago while I brushed her back there to get the shaved bloody fur off of her and away from the open wound. She didn't flinch while I worked on her and I put some Neosporin on it.. She also don't seem to be in as much pain as she was yesterday or as restless. Giving her the liquid medicine was a big failure first and second try but I got it this morning.. Either I got it or she realized it will help her and didn't object as much?

I do think she realizes what I am doing is making it better for her, that I will not just hurt her if I don't have to.

Samantha has been on me just about all day today, she and Giz have taken turnes and have cracked me up with how desperate they have acted to be with me or on me. Amy is just Amy, I have made sure I have picked her up and loved on her too and haven't left her out. Mike was here today and he gave them plenty loving too..

Oh, so far the blood work that has come back so far on Boo is all good, he said the rest should be in Monday...

momcat
07-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi Laura and a big welcome home! Poor Boo, I'm so happy to know the problem wasn't serious and she's feeling better today. What a wonderful welcoming committee you have!

Great to know your trip went reasonably well in spite of the heat. Enjoy the attention from your babies:love: