PDA

View Full Version : Found Mom Cat and 3 Kittens at Work Today....Now They Know Where I Work.

Anikaca77
06-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Well....ok...I know say no no no but how can I when I'm the only one here that cares about kitties.

There is a mom and 3 kittens outside my work building (actually right outside my window where I have my ac unit so no wonder I didn't see them), I can't believe I never noticed them, they are hiding in a drain pipe, I don't know how long they have been there. They are approx. 6 weeks maybe if that.

I'm going to contact my one friend to see if her friend would be willing to pay for the vet care for these guys since I'm kinda short on cash.

I'll take pictures when I can, they don't seem friendly but with time I'm sure the kittens will warm up. I didn't see the mom cat but other's here did. I think the three kittens are all black and white. I put some food out for them. So far I haven't seen them just yet since I went down to put some food down. The mom cat must be in the big drain and the little kittens are hiding in a smaller drain.

Melissa

lvpets2002
06-29-2010, 12:19 PM
:love: Awee it sounds like all are so cute.. Yes I aggree they need out of the drains.. Are you going to try to trap?? Now you know if the momma is around & she starts to run then the babies will too.. I would try to catch them if momma is not around & or trap the babies & then momma will come to them.. Good Luck

Anikaca77
06-29-2010, 12:56 PM
The mom is around. I haven't seen them since this morning, I think it's because it's so hot. I will be getting a trap and I'm thinking after the vet closes and our office closes the parking lot will be quiet so I'll probably see them then but I'm not sure. This was the first time seeing them and I hope I didn't spook them to move away.

Hopefully I can try to get them, the only thing is my bathroom is getting fixed on Thursday so I can't have the kitten at home so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the mom cat and kittens but I'll figure something out.

Melissa

Anikaca77
06-29-2010, 01:59 PM
I just saw the mom cat and 1 kitten this time. Here are some pictures, sorry the quality isn't good because I took it with my cell phone.

MoonandBean
06-29-2010, 02:19 PM
They sure know how to find you :)
Glad you can keep your sense of humor about you :)

Anikaca77
06-29-2010, 02:32 PM
They sure know how to find you :)
Glad you can keep your sense of humor about you :)

:) What else can I do....Ziggy is still with us....no one seems to want him...but he's sweet....I'll figure something out :) No worries :)

lvpets2002
06-29-2010, 04:22 PM
:love: We all know of your Love & Devotion to the kitty babies.. I know you will figure something out.. Good Luck..

Anikaca77
06-29-2010, 04:22 PM
The 2 traps are set, hopefully I catch one...I'm going to have to leave for a little while to go feed 2 cats that I'm siting for but other than that my evening is free so looks like I'll be camping here for a while.

I hope I can get all of them tonight just not sure where I'm going to put them just yet.

Melissa

catmandu
06-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Those poor little Lost Souls.:eek:
I wish I could help but I am trying to rescue My Little Duke of Early Ebony :love: and Scratchier:)
I wsih I was close enough to share some of The Found Cat's food with you:love:
God Bless You for helping:cool:

krazyaboutkatz
06-30-2010, 12:54 AM
Good luck with trapping the kittens and then hopefully the mother cat.:) Please continue to keep us updated about them.

moosmom
06-30-2010, 06:15 AM
Hey Melissa,

I'm dog sitting for a couple that just moved here from Collegeville, PA. They have a mini schnauzer, Hildi, who is 5 years old. Very nice, older couple.

Anikaca77
06-30-2010, 06:46 AM
I got the Mom cat last night and a baby in the same in the trap. The babies are around 5-6 weeks old. I tried to trap the other 2 but I think they must of got scared and ran off. I'm hoping they didn't go too far but I left the trap up till 11:30 p.m. and I didn't get them. I'm hoping we will see them today at work. I hope. Please cross your fingers that the 2 are near by and will go into the trap so I can get them to their mother.

Thanks!
Melissa

Freedom
06-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Oooh, paws crossed, come on babies, come to Momma!

Can you set Mom out there in a carrier to bring them around?

Good for you to care, and to act as well!

And yes, the word does got out, they know where you work, now. He he heee

Anikaca77
06-30-2010, 09:44 AM
I might try that later tonight, so far no sign of the little 2. I'm going to let the vets office next door know about these babies incase they spot them. I'm also going to look around to see if I see them. Poor things I hope they are ok.

catmandu
06-30-2010, 09:49 AM
I would put out food and something with your secnt so they will become accustomed to you.:love::love::love:
We are asking Our Awesome Angels Companions Army to entice those Little Ones over so they can be with their Momma and sibling.:love::love::love:

Anikaca77
06-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Still no sign as of 3:42 p.m.

:(

But on the other hand, I was able to go next door during my lunch hour to let them know if they see any kittens running around to let me know. I was able to talk with the neighbor who lives right behind our building and told them about the situation and the guy told me that he spotted the mom cat last night (she's black and white hard to miss). He said he saw her towards the edge of his property which makes me wonder if she moved them. He said he will check, he and his wife (who is a vet next door to our office) has 2 goldens, 2 cats (1 black and white and 1 orange and white that they let out from time to time).

The wife is pregnant and by the looks of it, it could be any day now so I don't know how much time they will have to look out for these kittens but I'm thinking I might put the trap on the other side of the fence which is our property so maybe they are near there.

I just hope I can get them. I feel so terrible.

Melissa

Anikaca77
07-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Well we released the mom today. There has been no sign of her kittens and I was getting worried and Shirley felt it was best to release her and see where she went and I released her back under the drain and she flew like crazy, my co-worker was watching the one area to see if she went out and I had my mom watch another area incase she went out there and my co-worker saw her come out of the drain and go next to the house under some bushes. I didn't see any signs of the kittens but I had to get back to work.

Her little kitten will be going to stay with me so I can keep an eye on how he's eating because Shirley is just too overwhelmed right now.

The little kitten's name is Hercules. He will be going to stay with me as long as he passes the FIV/FELV test.

I hurt my leg last night by jumping and all this moving up and down hills and drain areas, so I don't know if I'll be able to go out tonight because it's hard to move around right now.

Well that's all for now.

lvpets2002
07-01-2010, 03:24 PM
:) Well that is prob best to let mom go incase the other babies need her.. Well at least you got one of the babies.. Hopefully you will get the others.. Now girl you best take care of yourself.. Take it easy on the body ok.. Hope you feel better soon..

Anikaca77
07-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Well little Hercules is doing much better now. He is eating for us and he's been allowed out to play with Apollo who just turned 1 a few weeks ago. Those two have a blast together. Hercules loves to play and we are making sure that he gets his play time.

This morning he was so excited and just bouncing around everywhere. I'm still giving him formula just to help him get a long.

If anyone here would like a cute little kitten he is up for adoption. Just let me know.

Thanks,
Melissa