PDA

View Full Version : Back Fat

Catty1
06-28-2010, 01:25 PM
I have ointment to apply to a couple of itchies on my back so my doc can take a good look at them in a week or so.

To make it easier, yesterday I used a hand mirror and the wall mirror in my bathroom.

Yep. Back fat. Don't remember ever having gone that far!:eek:

I gained a lot of weight when the notorious Norm was with me for a few months last year. I lost a bit after the cruise with my mom, but it's back.

I didn't even care for a while. The New Age health pioneer Louise Hay said that addiction is connected to a deep feeling of futility.

Yup. I don't see ever having a reasonably healthy relationship in my life, am not doing anything with my music - what's the point in losing weight?

I had a talk with myself and realized that "I am enough" - that no matter how blah and goalless things look now, that my own life is enough reason to get well, literally.

Thanks for lending an ear. :love:

Queen of Poop
06-28-2010, 01:54 PM
I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend.. I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 &70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love ... I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.

They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face.

So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore..
I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever,
but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day(if I feel like it).

caseysmom
06-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Right on Queen of poop!

Catty1
06-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Gayle - THANK YOU! I get you completely. But...my clothes are uncomfy and my doc said to lose a few lbs too.

Many years ago, when I thought I would be gorgeous if I lost weight (mostly thru walking a lot) it turned out I have a flat butt! :D So I'm under no illusions here.

If it was "a" cookie or a couple of potato chips, I'd give myself a break. But I am a compulsive eater - junk food junkie. It's the whole large bag of kettle chips, not just a couple!:eek::D

Being older or old is good. I just want to be a bit healthier...my knees are starting to hurt already and now my ankles are getting weirdly sore on occasion. Gotta be nice to the parts that keep me vertical!;)

caseysmom
06-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Right there with you Catty, I am excercizing and getting in better shape for my health too.

phesina
06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
I had a talk with myself and realized that "I am enough" - that no matter how blah and goalless things look now, that my own life is enough reason to get well, literally.

Thanks for lending an ear. :love:

Candace, this is good advice you gave yourself.. and I realize I should give myself, too.. so thank you!

God bless you.

Hugs from Pat

Marigold2
06-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Back fat and big butts are so horrible because you just don't know.
There you are going about your life not realizing what people who walk behind you see or say.
What is it they say? Lots of junk in the trunk. LOL
I don't have a big butt but back fat, yup there is some and it is not comfortable. I lift weights to try and get rid of it but it is hard really really hard.
I carry my fat more in my tummy and chest area. I don't know if that is good or bad, I always see the extra weight.
There was a funny joke I heard once it went like this.

I thought some one was following me but then I realized it was my butt. LOL
Doesn't matter how hard I try that extra weight is always following me.

I really miss my younger days. I was able to out run the weight. Sometimes I really doubt I will get to the 120's again. Yet I am not ready to give up yet either.

Medusa
06-29-2010, 06:59 AM
At first I thought I misread the post and you were going to talk about bacon! :p Anyhow, look at it this way, Candace: it's behind you, you can't see it, only those behind you can see it. If they're not fast enough to keep up w/you, you don't need 'em. And if they're behind you b/c they're in your past, then that's where they should stay and you still don't need 'em. Just take good care of your body b/c it's your vehicle for experiencing life on earth. Sometimes when I look at myself I see my mother. I never thought in a million years that I'd look like this. I thought I was going to be a size 2 forever. Right. I could work out and diet and be as patient as death but size 2 is now just a memory. I don't scare people when I walk among them in public, so I figure I'm doin' alright. ;) You look pretty darned good to me, girlie. :love:

pomtzu
06-29-2010, 07:14 AM
I've never had back fat, even when I was carrying around more weight than I should have, and I really could use some of that weight now. It won't happen tho for various reasons.

Nothing wrong with a little back fat I would think, but just like everything else, too much is not good. I'm not being disrespectful to anyone, but it really is time to lose some weight when the fat on the back gets to the point where it looks like a bra is needed for it. Looking the same, front and back, is not a good thing.

Good luck to all seeking to get rid of what they can't see........;)