PDA

View Full Version : I need a cyber hug.

caseysmom
06-28-2010, 10:15 AM
We just dropped our daughter off at the Air Force Academy last thursday, I could use some cyber hugs. That was the hardest thing I ever did. I feel like a limb has been ripped off, the pictures I see of her tear at my sole.

Just keeping in mind what a great opportunity it is, it was in the paper in Colorado, one girl got off the 15 minute bus ride and said that's enough for me!

happylabs
06-28-2010, 10:22 AM
OMG. {HUG} {HUG} {HUG} {HUG} {HUG}

It was tough for me when my daughter went off to college for the first time 2 years ago. I think the Air Force would be much more difficult.

I am going through empty nest now because my son is graduated from college and living on his own as well.

Thank goodness for modern technology of computers and cell phone. Hang in there!

Anikaca77
06-28-2010, 10:23 AM
*HUGS* I can remember putting my sister on a plane to go to KY for the Army....I was semi-happy to see her go (we shared a bedroom) but I was also very sad and even cried a bit. When she came back I was super happy and couldn't believe how different she looked.

I'll say a pray for your daughter and for you as well.

Melissa

caseysmom
06-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Thank you happylabs, she hopefully will get her cell phone back after recognition aug 4. Yeah its a bit tougher than a regular college I am waiting for my first letter, although other mom's of upper class cadets said they cried for days after the first letter.

Pinot's Mom
06-28-2010, 10:25 AM
{{{{HUGS}}}}

Prayers for her happiness, safety, and your peace.

pomtzu
06-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Aww - big {{{HUGS}}} from me. :love:

I'm feeling somewhat the same. My granddaughter who has been such a huge presence here in my life, leaves for college in a few weeks. It's only a couple of hours away, but obviously she won't be able to hang out here all the time anymore. I'm going to miss her sooooooo much! :(

Catty1
06-28-2010, 10:39 AM
HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS

Prayers for her success and safety, and prayers for you!:love:

moosmom
06-28-2010, 11:29 AM
HUGS, HUGS, HUGS!!!!

Caseysmom,

Your daughter is living proof of how she was raised. You dun good!! When my daughter tried on her wedding gown, I cried, as I thought the day would never come, as she is a 19 year cancer survivor.

So don't cry. Give YOURSELF a pat on the back. Air Force Academy is a wonderful opportunity for her. She's doing you proud!!

:love: and Hugs,

Donna and fur crew

Grace
06-28-2010, 11:35 AM
I know exactly how you feel. We went through the same emotions when we dropped off Michael at the Naval Academy, back in 1982.

They give you a paper bag with the clothes they wore inside. No civilian stuff for awhile. Michael had his hair cut before he left, and they cut off more :( And we knew we wouldn't see him for 6 weeks.

Many {{{{{hugs}}}}} coming your way :love:

Karen
06-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Hugs coming your way!

Alysser
06-28-2010, 12:14 PM
This is an excellent opportunity but it's understandingly very hard on you. My mom was the same way with my sister, but she knew it was an opportunity. I hope it gets easier for you. ((((hugs))))

Bonny
06-28-2010, 12:24 PM
A job well done mom. ((((HUGS)))) to you. I know how you feel. This happened to me when we sent our oldest son off to his first day of kindergarten. We put him on the school bus that morning. I tell you I cried. Our neighbors saw my husband & I walking down the drive way, he put his arm around me & said he will be all right. My neighbor told me you took it pretty hard & I did. It got better though because he grew up & was ready for the big world & he survived his first day of kindergarten too. :)

Cataholic
06-28-2010, 12:31 PM
I would cry, cry and cry some more. More than 10 hours separation puts me in high alert anxiety mode. :( People have tried to tell me it gets less...it just hasn't for me. The first day I left him stinks as much as today, that feeling inside just doesn't seem to subside.

{{{{HUGS}}}} to you, and safe thoughts for her.

happylabs
06-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Oh I agree with the "done good" comment! When Rach went off to college 2 years ago I thought for sure I would sob and sob on my way home. I did way better than I thought I would and as I was driving back home I just got this enormous wave of accomplishment come over me. I think also a big part of me feeling good about it was she fit right in and made friends at the orientation they had weeks before.

caseysmom
06-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Just got a letter from her coaches, they are allowed to see her 9 times during basic. She is doing great and I even got pics with smiles. I am so much better now.

redbird
06-28-2010, 01:18 PM
It must be tough for you right now and I feel for you. Hope all goes well and good luck to your daughter http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/caroltree/alright.gif

phesina
06-28-2010, 01:50 PM
{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

cassiesmom
06-28-2010, 02:32 PM
hughughughughughughughughug

happylabs
06-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Just got a letter from her coaches, they are allowed to see her 9 times during basic. She is doing great and I even got pics with smiles. I am so much better now.

Oh that is good news! :)