PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Humane Society to finally reopen this morning

Catty1
06-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Toronto Humane Society to finally reopen this morning

Peter J. Thompson / National Post

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/0628ths.jpg?w=620
OSPCA Chief Officer of investigation Kevin Strooband held tours of The Toronto Humane Society's River Street location in the midst of accusations of improper treatment of animals, Nov. 27, 2009.
Kristen Smith June 28, 2010 – 10:37 am

The Toronto Humane Society is reopening this morning at 11:30 a.m. after months of controversy and upheaval following allegations of animal negligence.

The shelter has been closed since mid-April, during which time the THS performed retooling and retraining. The closure was part of a court-approved deal for the shelter to regain control of operations.

The shelter was scheduled to reopen June 1, but a new elected board of officials decided to delay the opening.

The Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals raided the shelter last November, which resulted in the closure of the shelter and charges being laid against several top officials.

Read more: http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/06/28/toronto-humane-society-to-finally-reopen-this-morning/#ixzz0sA06Amew

phesina
06-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Oh, I so much hope they've got their act together now! Please keep us posted, Candace.

king2005
06-28-2010, 05:36 PM
I don't know. I wish they were shut down & taken over by another group.. These people have already shown how money hungry they are, is only a matter of time they do it again, or learn to hide it better :(

phesina
06-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Are the same people still running it?

Well, I hope they will be checked up on often. Will the OSPCA keep watching them?

Catty1
06-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Jess, if memory serves, a number of the people who were the strongest protestors before are now in charge.

I imagine they will be under a microscope for some time to come.

king2005
06-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Honestly I lost all respect for the place years ago (thats when I learned & saw what they were doing).. I don't think I can ever trust any of them, ever! They will never get my support.