PDA

View Full Version : Let me tell you about my first "good night's

moosmom
06-27-2010, 07:33 AM
Exhausted from my two week stint of bottle feeding, I went to bed early after fighting to stay awake to watch "Godfather", a movie I've seen a million times and could recite some of the scenes verbatim.

I finally went to bed and don't even remember falling asleep. Well, 6 a.m. and my little four legged alarm clock, Bad A$$ Buddy, started his ritual of banging a picture on the wall to get me up to feed him. If I ignore him, he continues his little "ritual" until I get so pissed off, I get outta bed and feed the little &*%$#.

He does this EVERY morning!! Once his belly is full, he goes around to all the dishes and tries to "hide" his stash of left over dishes with food in them. It is VERY annoying. But I love the boy. Now I understand why his former owner Hal, got so upset with him. But I would NEVER swat him with a newspaper or over squirt him with water, as Hal did. That's why BAB is with me. Wouldn't want it any other way!!! I taught him how to "kiss-kiss". I say "kiss-kiss" and he cocks his head towards me for his smoochie.

So I'm up but if I get tired again, will take a nap. Gonna call Danielle to find out how her first night with my little girl went. She's mixing Nutri-Cal in her formula to help her poo.

redbird
06-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Well you get two more hours of sleep than I do, Autumn starts waking me up between 3 and 4am. I will get up at 4am to feed her cuz after waking me up I have to use the bathroom anyway so I feed her.

phesina
06-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Sydney wakes me up every night .. around 2am now (it keeps creeping earlier over time..). He pokes my face until I get up and feed him. The only way to make him stop is to get up and feed him (which of course reinforces the behavior). It does no good to shut him out of the bedroom, because he is able to push the door open.

Bonny
06-27-2010, 05:20 PM
moosmom, Who is Bad A$$ Buddy?

momcat
06-27-2010, 05:30 PM
When Soncat was in Rhode Island, he adopted a senior kitty named Graphix from a local shelter. She was a sweet orangie girl rescued from an abusive situation. Every morning around 4:00 am, Graphix would jump up on his bed and insistently paw at his face until Soncat got up and fed her. He'd go back to bed. When Graphix finished eating, he would hear her go from room to room then jump back on his bed, give him some kitty kisses then curl up next to him and fall asleep. And people wonder why we love our kitty companions so much!

krazyaboutkatz
06-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Sky has been trying to wake me up earlier than he should lately. It's because he's now on pred and it make him very hungry. Even though I feed everyone before I go to bed, he still wants to eat earlier than his normal feeding time. I won't get up and feed him though so I just try to ignore him. Luckily his meows aren't too loud. I hope this pred thing won't be long term.

moosmom
06-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Bonny,

THIS is Bad @$$ Buddy. Looks are deceiving, believe me!!! But I love the boy!

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/th_Buddy001.jpg?t=1277678050