PDA

View Full Version : Peggy is missing! (She's back!!!! #18)

Kirsten
06-27-2010, 03:20 AM
My mother's 6 year old calico girl, Peggy, is missing for four nights now. The last time my mother saw her was on Wednesday evening during the Germany/Ghana soccer match; she went out and hasn't returned yet. Meanwhile, my mom's in tears, and we're all worried.

Please pray for her safe return!

http://www.catmom.de/pix/peggy243.jpg

Barbara
06-27-2010, 03:41 AM
Oh, how terrible! I can understand how worried you and your mom must be.
Please Peggy- come home!

Kirsten
06-27-2010, 04:07 AM
Thanks, Barbara!

Yes, it's horrible for my mom, she hasn't slept and is crying all the time. :(

I think if one of mine was missing, I would go crazy!

So many terrible cat-related news lately: A friend's kitty was diagnosed with FIV lately, and it's not looking good... :(

Kirsten

chocolatepuppy
06-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Prayers for Peggys safe return.

pomtzu
06-27-2010, 06:30 AM
Please come home pretty Peggy. Prayers for your safe return home to your family. :love:

moosmom
06-27-2010, 07:44 AM
That's why I don't allow my cats outside. I know it's different in Germany.

Tell your Mom to check the perimeter of her house, every hidey hole there is, including any and all crawl spaces. A cat doesn't stray far from their food source. That's what I did when Lil Eli fell out of my livingroom window in Michigan. Since he was semi-feral and I lived on a VERY busy street, I figured he was a gonner. But I didn't give up. I tried trapping for 5 days. On the 6th day, I came home from work and found him sitting in the middle of the back yard. I was so elated, I ran towards him and he immediately ran into the entranceway to the basement, in a dirty, spider web infested crawl space. I was never so glad to see him in my whole life!!!

He's now enjoying his life on my friend's son's dairy farm in the UP of MI (upper peninsula-very cold in the winter) in a heated barn with cows, and chickens and is an excellent mouser. I miss him but know he's happy.

catmandu
06-27-2010, 08:43 AM
That is so sad and scary as I recall the area around your Mother's house is forested and there could be predators there:eek:
Our International Pet Talkers Animal Angel Search and Rescue Squad is on the job, and hopefully Peggy will find her way home:love:
Do you think Peggy could be converted to an indoor Cat?:)

Catty1
06-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Prayers for Peggy's safe return! I know she doesn't want to be an indoor cat, and it's so hard to turn a kitty into one when they are older.

I hope she is back soon.:love::love::love:

Randi
06-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Of course you are worried, but there are woods in the area, right? I'll tell you... a friend of mine's cat disappeared a week ago, he came back yesterday, so hopefully Peggy will too. :)

Sending good thoughts for Peggy to get her butt back where she belongs! Go look for her anyway - when it's quiet, and bring her favourite food along.

Taz_Zoee
06-27-2010, 11:16 AM
My friend's female cat is always going on little vacations. My friend thinks someone else feeds her during these vacations. The longest she's been gone is about 2 weeks. In fact just last week she had been gone for 10 days and she came home Thursday night, ran into the house screaming her head off because she wanted food.

Tell your mom NOT to give up. Also, remember when Bean was missing (our fellow PT kitty)? I can't remember how many days he was missing, but he is home safe and sound now. There have been other PT kitties gone missing and have returned as well.

Trust me, I know how scary it can be. My Paizy was missing for less than 24 hours and I was literally sick to my stomach.

Have her check neighbors garages, sheds or any type of hidey place or place with doors.

jennielynn1970
06-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Good thoughts going up for Peggy and her safe return! I hope she is fine and is just taking a vacation and is on a little excursion somewhere safe!!

Karen
06-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Prayers for sweet Peggy to make her way home!

sirrahbed
06-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Come HOME Peggy!!! Your meowmie is worried!!!

Sorry to read this - how upsetting to have a pet gone from home and not knowing what is happening. I would be imagining the worst I am sure. Hopefully we will read a good report here very soon!!

3Catcondo
06-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Come Home Peggy! At least let your skinmom know you are ok...Sending prayers and good vibes your way...:love:

catmandu
06-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Moose the MagnfiCat:love: was once gone for over Two Months, and every day I would run down the stairs several times a day to see if he was home.
Then I prayed hard and the Moose :love:was Back!!!:love:
He from what I could gather had gotten into a acant house and was unable to get loose untio someone opened the door:cool:
Thank God they didn't catch him as he may have been taken as a Stray to the shelter:eek:
We are praying for Peggy , and we pray Peggy will be home soon:cool::cool:
Maybe a dish of Peggy's Favorite Food would help:):)

phesina
06-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Prayers for Peggy to come home soon!

And a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=11094554

Kirsten
06-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Thanks everyone for your prayers and your kind words!! She's still not home yet.

Yes, it's true, she's living in the forests, so I fear she may have been killed by a wild animal. But like some of you have said, she may as well be on a adventure trip, especially since a male cat showed up a couple of times lately. Maybe he chased her away, or she went with him, who knows... It's a full moon right now, and it happened in the past that she did not come home in full moon nights. However, she's never been away for this long.

As long as they live in that tiny house in the forest, it would be difficult to turn her indoors. And it's true, many people here in Germany still believe that a cat needs to go outside; often people don't understand that I'm keeping my girls indoors, they even call it animal abuse. :(

I really really hope that Peggy will return tonight!!

Kirsten

Kirsten
06-27-2010, 03:46 PM
My mother just called, Peggy's back home!!! She just came back, after being gone for 4 nights and 4 days, and she was VERY hungry. I really wonder if she was trapped somewhere!

I'm sooo relieved!!! And my mom said now she can finally sleep (it's almost 11 pm here), and she said it wasn't until now that she's able to feel happy about the result of the Germany/England soccer match today.

Thanks a lot for your prayers, you're the best! (((HUGS)))

Kirsten

chocolatepuppy
06-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Great news!!!:D

Taz_Zoee
06-27-2010, 03:57 PM
I have a HUGE smile on my face! Thank goodness!! Now, please don't do that again, little Miss Peggy. You had all of us so worried.

phesina
06-27-2010, 03:59 PM
HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Welcome HOME, dearest Penny! And please stay there!

momcat
06-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Kirsten, I'm a bit behind on many things right now so this is the first I've seen about Peggy. How wonderful that she returned home safe and sound, that's great news! Your poor Mom must have been so worried.

Be sure to stay close to home, Peggy. Your Meowmie was very worried and upset while you were gone.

pomtzu
06-27-2010, 04:41 PM
I love happy endings!! ;) :love:

So glad that Peggy came home safe and sound. Hungry is good too....:p

astrid
06-27-2010, 04:49 PM
OMG!! Kirsten, that's great news!! I'm so glad Peggy's home :)

Congrats to Germany for today's soccer match result, it was a GREAT game. I'm a fan of Argentina and I myself am celebrating BIG TIME too :D Good look next week ;)

Big hugs to your mom and kisses to little Peggy :love:

krazyaboutkatz
06-27-2010, 05:05 PM
I missed thread earlier but I'm so glad to hear that Peggy is now home.:)

Sonia59
06-28-2010, 03:38 AM
Oh, I missed the whole thread, but I am glad Peggy is back safe! I know how scary it is!

moosmom
06-28-2010, 06:51 AM
What a wonderful happy ending. Welcome home Peggy!!!

Pinot's Mom
06-28-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm so glad she's home! Give her kissies from us! :)

catmandu
06-28-2010, 09:31 AM
My Sister In Law Catharine went to Tony Romas for lunch and prayed for Our Awesome Angels to join her and My Brother.
I bet that Our Awesome Angels Companions Army left a trail of Kicking Shrimp and Steak to lure Purrfect Peggy home!!:cool::cool::cool:
That is Great News and we are all so Happy:love::love::love:

MoonandBean
06-28-2010, 09:53 AM
YAY!!!!!!! I didn't have to suffer along with you because by the time I saw this thread, she was HOME!!!!!!! What a relief for you and your mom. Trust me, BEAN's Mom KNOWS!! :love: :love:

Kirsten
06-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Believe it or not, but my mother told me that as soon as Peggy had eaten, she wanted to go out again!! (but my mom didn't let her).

This girl had probably a good time somewhere with her new kitty friend and doesn't care that everyone lived in fear for four days because of her! :rolleyes:

Barbara
06-29-2010, 05:01 AM
I am so glad she's home:)
I would be worried about wild animals but also about hunters who are allowed to kill a cat if it's 500 m away from the last inhabited house.

Randi
06-29-2010, 05:12 AM
Glad to hear Peggy is home safe and sound. She probably had the time of her life. :D

Kirsten
06-30-2010, 03:11 AM
Barbara, yes, this is exactly what I was worrying about!

Randi, I'm sure she had!! :D

Kirsten