PDA

View Full Version : Zerberts

Crikit
10-21-2002, 10:56 PM
Okay I'm just wondering if anyone else gives their dogs zerberts. You know when you blow on a part of skin and it makes that raspberries sort of sound. It's kind of fun to do to them actually, it freaks Winter out a little bit depending an what part of her stomach I Zerbert and Smudge just looks at me like "ma you've finally lost it."

I have to zerbert the stomach or chest though 'cause they both have to much fur everywhere else and even then it kind of loses it's effect on Smudge, the little guy just has to much fur:)

But ya know I was just wondering if there are others out there like me. :D

Logan
10-21-2002, 11:16 PM
LOL!! We call them rasberries, but I don't do them! Too much fur!!! But I'll admit, I'm tempted sometime!!!! :D

ownerof3dogs
10-22-2002, 12:33 AM
Thats really funny, I do that to Hercules's stomach. And I thought I was the only one LOL

Uabassoon
10-22-2002, 02:15 AM
I've never heard anyone else call it a zerbert. I've always called it a zerbert, but no one ever knows what I'm talking about. I think the word zerbert came from the Cosby Show, but I could be wrong.

wolf_Q
10-22-2002, 02:21 AM
Never in my life have I heard of the world "zerbert." LOL. But I know what you are talking about. Reggie is scared to death of that sound....he'd scratch my face off. Smokey would bite me. Maybe I will try that with Nebo. I will probably get my face scratched off *and* bitten with him. lol.

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-22-2002, 05:53 AM
Never given Drake zerberts (yeah, I call them zerberts too :)) Too much fur for my taste :D

anna_66
10-22-2002, 07:37 AM
:rolleyes: Ok, I'm one of the weirdos who have done this! But "usually" only when they come home from the groomers. Their little bellies are clean & almost free of hair! HEY! I don't have any kids, I'm allowed!!!!!

[now, you noticed I say "usually", but come on, I'll be truthful, I've done it other times too!]

Cookiebaker
10-22-2002, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Crikit
Okay I'm just wondering if anyone else gives their dogs zerberts. You know when you blow on a part of skin and it makes that raspberries sort of sound.

ummmm...huh??? :confused: ...I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you mean like what you do to little kids? We always called it Splarting. :D

ramanth
10-22-2002, 08:19 AM
Never heard of it being called a 'zerbert', but yes... I've done that to Kia. :o :D

Presley
10-22-2002, 01:45 PM
We do them to Presley and she goes insane!! I give her a raspberry on her belly and she takes off butt tucking around the house and comes back for more!!!!!

lv4dogs
10-22-2002, 03:01 PM
I did not know anyone else that called them zerberts. Everytime I said that to someone else they never heard of a Zerbert! Yes I sure do give my dog's Zerberts all the time!

anna_66
10-22-2002, 03:25 PM
Kimmy, I love your new sig pic! Kia looks so devilishhttp://www.forum-smilies.com/teuflisch_02.gif

Crikit
10-23-2002, 06:46 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only zerbert giver :D or the only one who uses that word...it's such a fun word.

I have to admit though the dogs do have a little to much hair, well Smudge so it is sort of hard. I'm almost tempted to try giving a zerbert to a couple of friends dogs but I don't think they would like that.