PDA

View Full Version : A few new pics of both kitties

snakemama
06-26-2010, 01:01 AM
I took a bunch of pictures, but my poor camera just can't deal if the light is less than ideal, and it's toooooooo hot to let any sunshine in here! So, sorry they're not great, I'll work on more after we move!

Sherpa on his favorite cat tree
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/039.jpg

Sherpa in 'his' chair
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/053.jpg

Charlie likes to sit in the bay windows. Poor girl, I know she's not looking her best, she's in the middle of an FUS flare-up in the picture. She's feeling MUCH better now.
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/040.jpg

Jasper checks in on his kitty.
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/050.jpg

Medusa
06-26-2010, 06:46 AM
Aw, such good pix. Thanx for sharing. :)

Randi
06-26-2010, 06:54 AM
What gorgeous kitties Sherpa and Charlie are - and Jasper looks so concerned.

Scritchies to them all! :love:

Taz_Zoee
06-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Jasper is such a good dog brother! He loved Paizly while she was there. :D

It's great to see Sherpa and Charlie!! :D It's especially great to see Sherpa. When I was visiting all I saw was a blur run up the stairs. Hee hee :p

snakemama
06-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Sherpa's such a weirdo, LoL. We've discovered that he's obsessed with shoes, so if someone comes over and takes their shoes off, he'll sneak over and flop onto their shoes. :rolleyes: What a goof. ;)

Jasper's a good kitty brother. He's so gentle with them, I feel lucky that they get along so well.

catmandu
06-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Awww! Sherpa:cool: and Charlie:cool: are such great Cats , and they both have such wonderful coloring!!
Jasper looks as though he wants to make a Mixed Dog/Cat Dynmaic Duo!!
Now that would make a Great Photograph.:love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
06-27-2010, 05:11 PM
It's great to see all of your furkids and I'm glad that they all get along well.:) What is FUS? I've never heard of this term before.

snakemama
06-27-2010, 08:24 PM
It's great to see all of your furkids and I'm glad that they all get along well.:) What is FUS? I've never heard of this term before.

Feline Urinary syndrome, also known as feline lower urinary tract disease or FLUTD. Basically, she gets inflammation in her bladder off and on for no apparent reason. There are no crystals, no bacteria, but every few months she starts getting blood in her urine and urination becomes very painful. It LOOKS just like a UTI.

Now she gets subQ fluids twice a week, she's on a urinary diet because my vet feels that it will benefit her even though she doesn't have crystals, and when she flares up she gets a short round of pred. I'm hoping that us moving to a wetter, cooler environment will help her too.

I didn't realize she was having a flare-up at first this last time because she was peeing on the floor and Jasper was licking it up, YUCK! I noticed her grooming herself less and getting sensitive about her tummy being touched and started the pred, then caught her peeing on the floor the next day.

krazyaboutkatz
06-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Poor girl.:( Do you feed her any canned food? My Storm was blocked 2 times and he had to have the PU surgery but even after that he would still sometimes have UTI's and one time he even had some more struvite crystals. This was when he was on Royal Canin Urinary S/O in both dry and canned form. I know that every cat is different but since he's been on a grain free diet and eating mainly canned food mixed with some water, he's never had any more urinary issues. Some people have also used Cosequin on their cats to help strengthen the bladder. Good luck.:)

snakemama
06-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Poor girl.:( Do you feed her any canned food? My Storm was blocked 2 times and he had to have the PU surgery but even after that he would still sometimes have UTI's and one time he even had some more struvite crystals. This was when he was on Royal Canin Urinary S/O in both dry and canned form. I know that every cat is different but since he's been on a grain free diet and eating mainly canned food mixed with some water, he's never had any more urinary issues. Some people have also used Cosequin on their cats to help strengthen the bladder. Good luck.:)

She is eating some wet food and some kibble. I know her diet will probably need an overhaul sometime in the near future, but I've decided to figure out what I want to do once we're settled into our new place.

lvpets2002
06-28-2010, 11:48 AM
:love: Aweee such Cutie & Sweetie Pies.. great pics thanks