PDA

View Full Version : Muffins, a little Siamese girl

Catty1
06-24-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm not sure if Muffins is still a kitten - she is young, though, and could be anywhere from 1 to 3 years old.

Just before 4 this afternoon, I was leaving a local drugstore, and noticed three people standing near the back of their pickup truck, one holding a small carrier. Naturally, I looked back as I passed by to see if it was a kitteh - and it was! A tiny Siamese face with wonderful blue eyes was at the front of the carrier.

I happened to blurt, "Oh, I love Siamese cats!" The one lady turned to me and asked if I wanted her.

Turned out this woman and her brother had a next door neighbour who moved away. She couldn't take her cat (yeah, I know! :rolleyes: ), but the other neighbour of hers agreed to look after Muffins. The previous owner left Muffins' litter box and other supplies.

Muffins loves kids - she would run towards any kids she saw when she was outside. She would also climb the brick side of the house, clinging on to it while she looked in the window!

However, this neighbour was honest enough to know that with a low income and two children she could not take Muffins into her home. So here was Muffins in a carrier, being driven around in an air-conditioned truck, while this woman and her brother tried to find the Humane Society in my town. They weren't kids; likely my age or older.

They're from Calgary, and didn't know the town at all. I asked them to follow me, and I led them there. Muffins was taken in and is currently in quarantine. I met her briefly - a sweet girl, she meowed only twice the whole afternoon in the truck; I gave her a rub under her little chin. Of course she was stressed, but affectionate and well-behaved.

Muffins' supplies, included a hooded litter box and a bag of unopened litter, were welcomed by the adoptions gal - the brother and sister were able to make a donation in kind. The sister has two rescue cats and one rescue dog - her brother has a rescue dog as well. I gave them the grand tour of the two cat rooms and two dog rooms. The brother saw 5 kittens, and commented on how they always get adopted fastest - and the older cats get left behind. He loved the kittens, but he and his sister always have adopted adult animals.

Then it was time to go. The sister had tears in her eyes, leaving Muffins there, even though it was the right thing to do. She knew that she and her neighbours were in a poorer area of the city, and couldn't afford an extra cat, let alone even one.

I got the brother's email address and said I would send him a link to Muffins' picture as soon as she was up for adoption.

I'll post it here too, as soon as she is on the adoption page.

A couple of prayers, please, that she finds her purrfect forever home. Thanks! :):love:

I'm just glad that the Creator had me in the right place at the right time!

NicoleLJ
06-24-2010, 10:33 PM
Awww you should have called me. I would have taken her. We are looking for a kitten so that when I am done kitty sitting Dude Sheena still has a kitty friend. Her and Dude are inseperable now and I know she will be depressed when Dude goes back home.

Catty1
06-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Awww....Nicole, she was way up here in Cochrane. Had the Humane been closed, I would have taken her home and put her up in my bathroom until the HS opened up.

Someone told me there are no boarding kennels in your city, is that right?

Surely you can find an older kitty who is totally used to dogs and really needing a home where you are. I hope Dude is doing really well! :)

krazyaboutkatz
06-25-2010, 12:05 AM
She sure sounds adorable and I hope that she'll find her forever loving home very soon.:) I'm so glad that you were there to help the man and woman out.:)

Medusa
06-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Prayers are going up that Muffins will be adopted quickly but I doubt that prayers are needed. A kitten, Siamese yet w/beautiful blue eyes? I lost count of how many people wanted Coco Puff when he was a kitten but he was mine! Yep, it'll be quick. :)

phesina
06-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Prayers of gratitude that Muffins found safety with you, Candace, and prayers that she finds her PURRFECT furrever home soon!

I lit a candle, too: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=11082817

God bless you, Candace.

Love from Pat and cats :love::love::love::love::love::love:

catmandu
06-25-2010, 05:54 PM
That reminds me of the time that I was coming out of Jackson Square Candace and a foreign Lady was selling a neutered Male Siamese about two years old with a carrier for 50 dollars.
I bought him and brought him home and he was so scared!!:eek:
After a weekend in the bathroom , The Prince liked me, but had a lot of trouble with the Other Found Cats:eek:
The Animal Welfare placed him with a Lady who had lost her Siamese Cat to cancer, and as far as I know the Prince aka Oscar is doing fine:love:
They checked for microchips but they were none.
I often wonder if he was stolen as he looked like a pedigree Siamese to me.
I know that the Animal Welfare and I checked the paper for lost Cats , but could find none.:confused:
I pray Little Muffins finds her place in the Sun:love:
Bless You Candace for:love: helping:love: