PDA

View Full Version : Hands Across the Sands

Catherinedana
06-24-2010, 02:07 PM
This Saturday at 11 am. See the website for more information. Solidarity and community is always a comforting thing. For those of us who want to join forces. . .

http://www.handsacrossthesand.com/

pomtzu
06-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Site doesn't want to load for me. Just sits and spins......:eek:

Karen
06-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Me, too.

Catherinedana
06-25-2010, 06:59 AM
Sorry! It works here for me. . .If you are interested, you might just try plugging the address into your browser or Googling and linking from there.

I performed at an Evening of Education, Healing and Advocacy for the Gulf of Mexico last night that was wonderful! It was a mult-denominational gathering hosted by a local Jewish congregation that included musicians and speakers. The two keynote speakers were Darden Rice of the Gulf Restoration Network and Lance Orchid of Repower America, two groups working diligently to revitalize our country's energy infrastructure and restore the waters in the Gulf of Mexico. It was enlightening, sad and uplifting all at the same time.

We haven't received any oiled birds at the Sanctuary where I volunteer yet, but it's only a matter of time. And if this storm hits the Gulf as predicted, it will come faster than not. :(