PDA

View Full Version : CoWorkers......GRRRR

Anikaca77
06-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Well I just need to vent big time!

I have this one co-worker who I just dislike so much!

I don't like to use the word hate very much but sometimes *breathing* I've been with this company since 2002 and I'm a secretary in case some of you didn't know.

Anyway, this one guy is just an ***hole. He really is, people will call him that to his face he doesn't care nor does he want to change it. He's simply an ***.

He gave me something this morning that he said he needs by the end of today, which of course it's a day that I have appts. and I'm leaving early.

Anyway, he said he needs this report bound. Not that hard but really needs it by the end of today just like he needed me to build boxes for him right away that are still sitting in his office with nothing in them.

So getting back to this morning I ask him who is billable for this time. He said no one.....I'm like WHAT THE...well you know.....I didn't say that I just said well should I put down office, sales, proposal, etc.??? He said whatever I want....I'm like you gotta be kidding me.!!!! what kind of answer is that.

Well I'm trying to keep myself calm right now and realize that he's just an *** and will always be and that's just life.

But GRRRRRRR I just would love to just tell him off right now!!! but it's just not worth my time or effort. I probably shouldn't even be typing this out at this moment but I needed to vent. OH and yeah here is the other great part is that this other guy is on his way to the office who is somewhat retired needs me to scan stuff for him because he won't have a computer at his desk or use one here at work.

Ok I'm done now....before all this I canceled a therapist appt. I had scheduled for tomorrow and while I was writing this I re-scheduled that appt.

I'm trying to breath and stay calm but sometimes grrrrrr...

Melissa

Catherinedana
06-23-2010, 09:05 AM
I always say that work puts you in contact with people you would otherwise NEVER chose to be with. . .and it also gives you the opportunity to work on things in yourself that you might not be able to otherwise.

I had that situation with my boss, but luckily we actually had a cards-on-the-table discussion where everything was aired. She made me realize some things about myself that needed work. I offered suggestions to her too! :D
Will she change? I don't know. . .and I realize it doesn't matter. Since I have made some changes in the way I handle things, my situation here has been MUCH better.

Turn this around and see what you can learn from it. He's a jerk, you're not going to change him, but perhaps there is a lesson in it for you that will allow you to move more smoothly through your day, even if that lesson is just learning to say "No" graciously and effectively. Perhaps, since you are slated to leave early today, there is someone else who can take care of this for you? Or perhaps it can wait until first thing in the morning? Perhaps there is someone over HIS head that you can address his apathy with, not to complain, just to clarify things? For example, if he is unable to offer you guidance on how to bill HIS projects, can you stick your head into his bosses office and ask him/her? That might bring a little light to the issue.

Keep us posted. . .it's good to have a place to vent - then you can forge ahead when you get it out of your system!

Cathy

Anikaca77
06-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Thank you for replying.

Actually we are very very small office 13 employees total. Today there are 6 of us here today. The 2 main bosses left for vacation and he's the VP...there wasn't a vote to him getting the VP position it just so happened he did.

But I will try to learn from this and not get so worked up :)

Thanks again,
Melissa

I always say that work puts you in contact with people you would otherwise NEVER chose to be with. . .and it also gives you the opportunity to work on things in yourself that you might not be able to otherwise.

I had that situation with my boss, but luckily we actually had a cards-on-the-table discussion where everything was aired. She made me realize some things about myself that needed work. I offered suggestions to her too! :D
Will she change? I don't know. . .and I realize it doesn't matter. Since I have made some changes in the way I handle things, my situation here has been MUCH better.

Turn this around and see what you can learn from it. He's a jerk, you're not going to change him, but perhaps there is a lesson in it for you that will allow you to move more smoothly through your day, even if that lesson is just learning to say "No" graciously and effectively. Perhaps, since you are slated to leave early today, there is someone else who can take care of this for you? Or perhaps it can wait until first thing in the morning? Perhaps there is someone over HIS head that you can address his apathy with, not to complain, just to clarify things? For example, if he is unable to offer you guidance on how to bill HIS projects, can you stick your head into his bosses office and ask him/her? That might bring a little light to the issue.

Keep us posted. . .it's good to have a place to vent - then you can forge ahead when you get it out of your system!

Cathy

Marigold2
06-24-2010, 01:07 AM
You have recieved some great advice here, just wanted to wish you a good day tomorrow and remember it is just a job, you get to go home to your great life at the end of the day and the nasty co-worker well...........
he gets to go home to his.

Pinot's Mom
06-24-2010, 07:46 AM
I can't add to Catherinedana's advice - really good!

"I always say that work puts you in contact with people you would otherwise NEVER chose to be with. . .and it also gives you the opportunity to work on things in yourself that you might not be able to otherwise." I think these are definitely words to live by! :)

Catherinedana
06-24-2010, 07:51 AM
remember it is just a job, you get to go home to your great life at the end of the day and the nasty co-worker well...........
he gets to go home to his.

Thaaaat's right!! There's the trade off!!