PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh is...

blue
06-20-2010, 01:13 AM
A cat person.

I didnt know this about the bombastic blowhard A$$hat. Just thought Ild share.

smokey the elder
06-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Gee, I thought cats would have better taste...;):p (Disclaimer: I'm as "blue" [liberal, not YOU] as they come...)

Karen
06-20-2010, 08:43 AM
I didn't know that, but am glad for his sake he has something he might love unconditionally and that loves him back. Cats tend not to care about politics or bank accounts!

Puckstop31
06-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Speaking of unconditional love... He married his long time girlfriend a couple of weeks ago.

I know, <barf> eh ladies? LOL

-----

I really, really do not like his style. I very often do not agree with him. But to say or think or assume he does what he does with hatred in his heart is simply not true.

Remember, he is a commentator, not a journalist. If you hold left leaning political beliefs, it makes sense that you would not like him. Just like I routinely LOL at Keith Olbermann. (At least I actually listen to and read Keith's stuff.)

Catherinedana
06-21-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm sure that they merely tolerate him for food.

Marigold2
06-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Not interesting.

Lady's Human
06-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Not interesting.

Then why comment?

Marigold2
06-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Why not?

Puckstop31
06-24-2010, 10:53 PM
<white noise>

Some people never cease to amaze me. America is truly a nation where ANYone can make a decent living. Pray the "progressives" or the brain dead lemmings do not make it a nation of haves and have not's.

Grace
06-24-2010, 11:00 PM
<white noise>

Some people never cease to amaze me. America is truly a nation where ANYone can make a decent living. Pray the "progressives" or the brain dead lemmings do not make it a nation of haves and have not's.

May I ask your definition of decent?

blue
06-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Why not?

You must have found it somewhat interesting, you took the time to comment.:cool:

I cant speak for Puck, but for me, right now its $14 per hour.

Puckstop31
06-25-2010, 06:13 AM

Let's call it being self sufficient with some room for unforseen things/toys. But I really believe that most/all people, if you put your mind to it and bust your hump, can be wealthy.

We have a right to be secure in our property. It really is a bummer that we try to punish people who succeed. A progressive income tax like we have, is simply that. Punishment for success.

smokey the elder
06-25-2010, 08:07 AM
So a regressive tax, which is what a flat tax would be, is any better? The only way a flat tax would work, IMO, would be if there is a high enough cutoff (income) below which one would not pay taxes.

Puckstop31
06-25-2010, 09:01 AM
So a regressive tax, which is what a flat tax would be, is any better? The only way a flat tax would work, IMO, would be if there is a high enough cutoff (income) below which one would not pay taxes.

No, a flat tax is NOT regressive. A flat tax is just that... Flat. The rate is the same no matter your income. How is that regressive? A regressive tax would mean the tax rate goes DOWN the more income you have. Remember, we are talking about tax RATE, not the amount of taxes paid.

A flat tax is certainly way more fair. It would remove a barrier to success and I would bet that tax reveunes would SOAR. Also, I would have no problem with designating a level of income where no tax or a much lower rate is paid. But it would have to be a REAL poverty level. Not what we define as poverty here.

---

But, I don't think you have to worry. There would have to be revolution on a massive scale for a flat tax to happen. The tax code is the politicians greatest weapon.