PDA

View Full Version : The end is near

Marigold2
06-19-2010, 05:36 PM
I have a friend who has a friend who thinks the world will end soon and that these times are the beginning of the end as stated in the bible.
Rubbish.
I told my friend to tell her friend that since I did not think the world would end soon she could give me all her belongings.
Cathy my friends said she was first in line.
Geez:p

Karen
06-19-2010, 05:48 PM
There have always been people who think so, at least my whole life, and before that, too. For many years there was a consistently fading flyer that had been plastered to a la,p pole in a supermarket parking lot near us that said the end of the world was going to happen, on some specific day in June, 1984, I think it was. Funny the flyer lasted so long, many years after the supposed end of the world!

davidpizzica
06-19-2010, 06:33 PM
I believe that only God knows when the end of the world will be. I don't think Nostradamus or the Mayans (or any story in the National Examiner) have any idea when that will happen.

chocolatepuppy
06-20-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm getting in line. Anyone who thinks the end is near, I'll take all jewelry, furniture, vehicles, heck, sign me over your house!:D

Bonny
06-20-2010, 12:06 PM
If the world ends there isn't a darn thing we can do about it! :p

carole
06-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Well i am with Bonny on this one, and i sure am not going to stress myself out by thinking about it, what will be will be, and life is too short to be worrying about it IMO.

moosmom
06-20-2010, 04:02 PM
So, in other words, I should live everyday as if it were my last?? Alrighty then!!!!!!:p

Bonny
06-20-2010, 04:06 PM
:drofl!:d let the party begin ;)

Bonny
06-20-2010, 04:08 PM
:D ROFL! :D NOW LET THE PARTY BEGIN :D I can't believe I messed the above post up so badly & I haven't even started partying.;)

carole
06-20-2010, 07:21 PM
PARTY did someone say PARTY, where where?:D

dab_20
06-20-2010, 11:17 PM
If the world ends there isn't a darn thing we can do about it! :p

Gotta agree :)

Honestly I think too many people think that if humans disappear, (maybe climate change or whatever) the world ends. No, the world will go on.... and probably much better without us... as it has for millions of years before humans were ever on it.

moosmom
06-21-2010, 06:33 AM
Carole,

I don't know where YOUR party is, but mine is in my head and going full blast! WOOHOO!!!!:p:D

Catherinedana
06-21-2010, 06:50 AM
In the words of (the artist formerly known as) Prince:

Two thousand zero zero
Party over *whoops*
Out of time. . .

But tonight we're gonna party
Like it's 1999

Guess all we have to do is change the dates and we can make it current :D :D

Bonny
06-21-2010, 12:58 PM
My party today is out in the garden weeding. I am having a blast! Came in for dinner & a round of aspirin. :D

smokey the elder
06-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Humans' time on earth is in the roundoff error for its age!:p;)

Marigold2
06-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Amen to that.

Gotta agree :)

Honestly I think too many people think that if humans disappear, (maybe climate change or whatever) the world ends. No, the world will go on.... and probably much better without us... as it has for millions of years before humans were ever on it.

pomtzu
06-23-2010, 05:31 AM

Anyone who believes this, needs to watch Life After People on the History Channel. It is absolutely fascinating to see the eventual return to normal over the years, when the humans are no longer around to screw things up.

dab_20
06-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Anyone who believes this, needs to watch Life After People on the History Channel. It is absolutely fascinating to see the eventual return to normal over the years, when the humans are no longer around to screw things up.

Ohh I love that show. So interesting!