PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Remember??

RockyRoad
10-21-2002, 04:44 PM
Hi I dug up a few Pet Talkers who seemed to dissapear and was wndering how many people remember them!! !

Rottie
PUPPY POWER
4 feline house

OK I am too lazy to put anymore I am so tried I'm going to sleep. See ya in a few hours!

Rottieluver45
10-21-2002, 08:08 PM
I Remember Rottie and 4 feline House AND Puppy Power!!

Where is Sarah go?

Freckles
10-21-2002, 08:19 PM
No posts since June 02.

sammi
10-21-2002, 08:30 PM
How about:
Petspoil
Thelma
Purrley
purrfectpaws ? A baby

Rottieluver45
10-21-2002, 08:32 PM
What about SpencerTheLion?

Karen Please don`t delete my post again.I really wanna know what happened to him!

RockyRoad
10-21-2002, 09:01 PM
Me too, except from what I have heard maybe it isn't best to mention him...

Former User
10-22-2002, 01:19 AM
This is not the way to get these people back, no offense. But they are not here in the first place, they won't see this thread. The best way to catch somone you miss is either PM or email them. I've done it many times and it works.
I remember Thelma saying that she is very busy with her work and doesn't have time to hang here that much. She posted here last time when it was her birthday.

I can answer in the behalve of my friend 4 Feline house that she won't be coming back. Why? Well, because she doesn't want to and that's her right, end of story.

aly
10-22-2002, 01:44 AM
Has anyone heard from Angie (ilovehounds) ???

OH! I just looked up her profile and see she posted 10-13-02. Yay Angie, glad you're still here :)

wolf_Q
10-22-2002, 02:07 AM
Countrywolf07!!! Actually I know where Rachel is, I just have a hard time getting her to post. :D

I don't know where any of the others are........and I don't know anything about SpencertheLion. :confused:

Hmmm........I know there are some I haven't heard from in a while. But I'm too tired to think.

RockyRoad
10-22-2002, 05:34 AM
I guess there are just some people that hang around and eventually just stop posting so often. And of course there are some that stick around!! I know most of them are probably not gunna be back..just wondering how many of you remembered them. I cannot imagine me ever stop posting on Pet Talk (even though because of anger I tried a few times, but couldn't live:D). It would be waaaaay to hard, and boy would I drift away from all my PT friends! Well, it's their decision and as C&K said, they have a right to. So anyway, glad people still remember! That's what I was looking for in the first place. I was only digging around for Pillars and stuff because I didn't know if anyone would remember the residents and citizens.

wolf_Q
10-22-2002, 09:37 AM
Sometimes people just drift away from here........not necessarily because they are angry or anything. I was gone for almost a year after I first joined......I just kind of forgot about Pet Talk. And then I remembered. LOL. You poor souls.

Logan
10-22-2002, 10:14 AM
I think a lot of times, people get busy or just lose interest, and on some occasions let something that happens on a particular thread bother them and they leave, or they get banned (which is very unusual on this community of pet lovers). Then there are people like me, who just won't go away! LOL!!! :D

We had some cute girls on here, who are probably still members, who I miss a lot, Jojo, Erika and Lindsey, who were all good friends, but just started growing up and probably got too busy to check in often. And Bridgette and her precious Bassett, Daisy, was a favorite too. I miss all of them, including Leah (4 Feline House), Sarah (Rottie) and all of the others. Hope they are all doing well in their lives. That's the main thing. I keep in touch with some by email, and it is always good to know that they're doing ok.

Logan

Corinna
10-22-2002, 10:37 AM
I wonder what has happened to Carrie. She was strong in her opinions but she had great knowledge. I have wondered also how she and her neighbors all faired during the mad cow out break.

Logan
10-22-2002, 10:40 AM
I can answer that one, about Carrie. She's fine! She's just swamped with her behavioral business, teaching, children, pets, etc. And on top of that, she has had terrible computer problems. But she does keep in touch with me by email, periodically, and we do the Instant Messenger sometimes too.

She misses everyone as much as we all miss her!

Logan

sammi
10-22-2002, 11:50 AM
I also was wondering about Carrie but thought maybe she just didn't have a intrest in what was being posted anymore.

Several times people have logged back on after seeing they were missed - if only to say hi.

RockyRoad
10-22-2002, 02:53 PM
Maybe one day some years from now we will be sitting here saying where's this person and that person when they are like red hot posters nowadays. Hehe I'll finally be over twenty hopefully!! As long as they are enjoying themselves and have a happy life with their furkids, we should not be worried(not saying anyone was). I heard Logan meantion that there were a few girls on here that grew up and eventually just did not have time, or something. Well I promise that when I grow up I'll still be here!! Of course you'll have to wait at least eight years for that to happen:rolleyes:. Oh and yes, communication is VERY important!! I keep in touch with Ash(Aspen and Misty) by instant message and even talk to people like Anna_66 on other message boards. I have met tons of great people on here and it would be too hard to leave.

tatsxxx11
10-22-2002, 04:15 PM
I miss so many Pet Talk pals that have come and gone:( I know that many are very busy with family and work, etc. I hope they are well and will find some time to pop in and say hi.

Gio, we miss you!! Hope all is well with you!

Rottieluver45
10-22-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11

Gio, we miss you!! Hope all is well with you!

What DID happen to Gio?

(Everyone left when I was having comp. problems!)

Cataholic
10-23-2002, 05:40 PM
Seeing this thred reminded me of a thought I had the other day..and maybe Karen can address it...what will happen to PT? I mean from a business perspective if the system crashes, you two don't want to do it anymore(It is just the two of you, right?). How long has it been around, and do you have plans for it? Expansion into other sites? Wow, aren't I a nosey little thing? If these are out of bounds, just let me know. I just don't like to think of waking up one day and not seeing this site....I guess I should PM everyone my email, huh? Thanks for your help.

RockyRoad
10-23-2002, 05:58 PM
I was the one who posted the thread about what would happen to PT. Cataholic, you are not nearly as nosy as I. Lol I am interested in everything on PT. Especially something Rottie mentioned earlier...

Cataholic
10-23-2002, 06:14 PM
See Floppys..I told you I understood.....

delidog
10-24-2002, 09:31 PM
sounds like someone went to the CatsCradle board...
Cataholic????anyone???
it disappeared in a matter of moments.....

i also miss alot of the people and their pets that have stopped by and moved on....i miss angie and her Houndies!!!!
and Brigette and her precious Daisy bassett...and of course 4feline house...there are so many...
but like Logan said...what is important is they and their pets are healthy and happy!!!!!
that is what i wish for all...

Karen
10-24-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Seeing this thred reminded me of a thought I had the other day..and maybe Karen can address it...what will happen to PT? I mean from a business perspective if the system crashes, you two don't want to do it anymore(It is just the two of you, right?). How long has it been around, and do you have plans for it? Expansion into other sites? Wow, aren't I a nosey little thing? If these are out of bounds, just let me know. I just don't like to think of waking up one day and not seeing this site....I guess I should PM everyone my email, huh? Thanks for your help.

PetoftheDay.com and the whole family of websites, including Pet Talk, are run just by the two of us. We cannot imagine not wanting to do it any more, so don't worry about that. Yes, systems crash, sites get hacked, things happen, but we do have back-up systems, etc. PetoftheDay.com started the whole thing, it launched on September 1, 1997. A year later, September 1, 1998, we branched off and created DogoftheDay.com and CatoftheDay.com becuase of the overwhelming response! This bulletin board portion, Pet Talk, may undergo a name-change at some point, but it has been around since June 24, 2000. We hope to continue to improve the sites, and the software, as times goes on.

Cataholic
10-25-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by delidog
sounds like someone went to the CatsCradle board...
Cataholic????anyone???
it disappeared in a matter of moments.....

What do you mean? What is CatsCradle? Another Pet site?

Thanks Karen! I think the site is just fantastic as it is...and I am sure any changes will just make it better!

Logan
10-25-2002, 12:15 PM
Cats Cradle is a cat related community on MSN. I am not a member there, but only because I don't have enough time for the communities I either manage or am a member of. So, I can't add any more. From what I know, they are very nice people, so if you have extra time, you should check them out. But you can't leave Pet Talk to do it!!! LOL!!!!

Logan

AmberLee
10-25-2002, 04:46 PM
I am a member there, too, but find it difficult enough to keep up here. My favorite aspects of CC are 1) the very friendly people (like here); 2) the really clever graphics they come up with (wow!) and 3) the Friday evening chat room. Sadly, I find I can't really keep up with the conversation at a chat room, but it's an interesting experience.

delidog
10-25-2002, 09:31 PM
Yes CatsCradle WAS a nice pet sight...however, it is gone...the manager removed it...i don't know what happened...it just disappeared one night...
there were alot of nice people there...i liked the fri. night chat....
and it was really All About Cats!!!

But, it is never enough to take me away from Pet Talk...
its' just nice to see if there really is another world out there sometimes...
;) :)

Cataholic
10-26-2002, 09:16 AM
There WAS another cat site? Hmmm...sorry it left. I think PT is all that I need anyhow...I can't keep up here sometimes, and then I feel bad that I missed someone's thred...:(

RockyRoad
10-26-2002, 10:08 AM
I belong to two MSN boards, one that I manage. It used to be three. Wow, that is scary how things (and people for that matter) can just dissapear...

AmberLee
10-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Wow. I didn't know they were gone. Shows how out of the loop I've been...