View Full Version : Bichon in Redmond, Washington

Freedom
06-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Bistro is a young male in Redmond, Washington, who needs a new home.

He is overwhelmed by the toddler in his current setting. As a result, he is not able to join any of the bichon rescue groups I am familiar with, as none of us accept in a dog which has shown dog - human aggression.

This was the same issue with my Tasha. I was lucky to get her. We've been through tons of training and socializing. I know I can't trust her with anyone under 3 1/2 foot tall, so I don't.

Bistro has not bitten his toddler, but has snapped when cornered. He needs a home with no children, and folks who can work with him and keep him safe.

Bistro also needs to wear a belly band, but that may resolve once he is in a place he does not feel threatened.

lizbud
06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
It is a shame that someone could not have worked with Bistro before
this became such a problem.:( I hope he finds a good home.

Lilith Cherry
06-16-2010, 07:10 AM
Poor doggie, I hope something turns up for him. Please would you tell me what is a belly band?

Freedom
06-16-2010, 09:51 AM
A belly band is for male dogs who mark. Or for females or males who are incontinent.

It is a piece of fabric, wraps around the dog, with a velcro closure on the back. You put in a Poise pad or other incontinence pad. Sanitary napkins don't work as well, different type of fluid. You must change it regularly, as the dog can get diaper rash, just like a baby.

You can go here:
www.pawstoadmire.com

Click on the picture gallery, and you will see pics of my 4 fluffs, with my RB Ozzy wearing a belly band.