PDA

View Full Version : Update on Ellie-Mae(she is ok)

carole
06-14-2010, 10:36 PM
For everyone that has been so kind and helpful on my previous threads, just wanted to tell you that Ellie's condition did not improve on her new medication,cycoblastin which is a chemotherapy kind of drug, which is also used on humans.

She was vomiting so much more than she usually did, nearly everyday, she seemed miserable on the day i gave it to her and not interested in her food, i could see it was of no benefit to her,she still had a painful mouth and was clicking her mouth when eating, i discussed this via telephone with my vet and he agreed with me to take her off it and to just bump up her steroids again, this was not that successful before, so i am hoping with all my heart that we will see some improvement, she will be having two a day, and i can increase it to four per day if necessary.

So my friends, all those good thoughts, prayers, kind thoughts would again be much appreciated, thank you for caring.

Look at my little girl in my siggy, that is my Ellie-Mae., i am not going to give up on my girl, we shall battle on.

krazyaboutkatz
06-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Carole, I'm so sorry to hear that her current medicine wasn't working out for her.:( Hopefully the steroids will help her and that she won't have to take a huge amount of them per day. I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Anikaca77
06-15-2010, 06:45 AM
My prays are coming for Ellie-Mae.

Melissa

Randi
06-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Carole, I'm so sorry that Ellie-Mae's medicine hasn't helped. :( I know it's hard to see her suffer. I hope the steroids will make her feel better. Have you discussed with your vet about giving her some painkillers?

I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and hope Elli-Mae will be with you for a long time yet. She is such a sweet girl. :love:

(((hugs)))

phesina
06-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Prayers and good wishes and healing energies are being sent for Ellie-Mae and you, Carole.

I lit a candle too: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=11015605

carole
06-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Well she ate quite well today, but she is fussy about what she eats, but with much coaxing on my part, she is the best groomed kitty these days, as she loves being brushed while she is eating, so whatever works i do it, she is holding her own, i don't think she has lost too much weight, she is the smallest of my cats, and probably is just the right weight as my other two girls are rather on the plump side.

I think the steroids must help with the pain, as they have never suggested any type of pain relief, and i am certain they would if they felt it was necessary, but i will check on that.

I think i just have to accept Ellie will have her good days and bad, just like my ole ash did with the CRF,different illness but still seem to have similar outcome in the long run, sad to say that, but i am being realistic, my time with Ellie may well be limited, but it will be quality , and cherished time and we shall do whatever we possibly can to give her quality and length of life.

Thanks again from the bottom of my heart for your kind words, support and candles, everything makes me feel much more positive about the situation.There is no way i am giving up on my cutie pie below in my siggy pic.

catmandu
06-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Thats great that Ellie Mae is eating once more:love::love::love:
Itsscary and sad when Our Beloved Fur Companions are ill and we worry and fret until they are eating again:cool::cool::cool:
Way to GO ELLIE MAE :):):):)

Taz_Zoee
06-16-2010, 09:44 AM
I saw this yesterday but just couldn't bring myself to post. Please know I have held you and Ellie-Mae in my thoughts and I am hoping so hard that she has several happy months (and by that I hope years) with you.

Hugs to you!

carole
06-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Thank you gary and Cindy, you know what she ate well again today, the steriods make her extra hungry, but of course it was a catch 22 situation as she found it too hard to eat, and painful, but two days now good results, i just have to hope it continues, she has done this before and then crashed again, now i am wondering if the chemo pill has helped,although i don't really think it had, if she declines in a big way, i still have the option of putting her back on it i guess, but the vet agreed with me, we would have noticed a much better result than we had from being on it, still she is a hardy wee thing, and i might be wrong in thinking her time is limited, but i am only going by what the vets tell me, she is sure to prove them wrong, i sure hope so,she is one fiesty lil madam most of the time, and it is that spirit that might just keep her going, fingers and all paws crossed here.

Thank you so very much everyone for the continued support, i don't know how i would get by without it, i get very stressed and depressed about the situation and it really helps to be able to share and receive such wonderful support from you all.:love:

Medusa
06-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Prayers are going up right now for Ellie-Mae. I've got some catching up to do. I do hope that she's doing better now and I know how hard you'll fight for her, Carole. Keep the faythe. :love:

carole
06-17-2010, 10:03 PM
hey Mary, nice to hear from you , are you back from England or still there,? Ellie is doing quite good these last three days, but she often does that and then crashes, but i am keeping positive and hoping she will continue along as she is now, talk about eating me out of house and home lol, she is eating a lot, those steroids sure are giving her an appetite now, and believe me i would sure rather have to spend a few extra dollars on more food than have her not eating, so fingers and all paws crossed, long may this continue, thanks for your kind words of support.