PDA

View Full Version : The storm has arrived

Marigold2
06-12-2010, 10:42 PM
So hot, sticky and disgusting here today, I believe it was in the high 80*.
Now the storm has come, lots of lightening and thunder and sweet cooling rain.
I just hate Ohio summers..................
I so want to move some place were 75 is a heat way in the summer.

chocolatepuppy
06-12-2010, 11:00 PM
It sure was sticky today! Supposed to storm here soon also. I'm sick of storms this year already. Bring on the snow!:D

Marigold2
06-12-2010, 11:16 PM
LOL I love snow. Yes it has been a wet one in Ohio so far.

Karen
06-12-2010, 11:52 PM
My favorite part of summer weather is thunderstorms. I know some fear them, but I love 'em!

krazyaboutkatz
06-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Even though I don't live in an area with high humidity, it was still hot today. It was about 90 where I live and I don't have A/C so I rely on fans to keep me cool. I love it when it's in the 70's with maybe 80 as the highest temp. In CA it also usually cools down at night so this also helps. I used to live on the east coast and I don't miss the humidity one bit.

Lilith Cherry
06-13-2010, 04:57 AM
Where I am now in southern China it is 34C (95F) and about 85 humidity. Like a turkish bath! I will be happy to enjoy a Canadian summer when I get back. :p

chocolatepuppy
06-13-2010, 07:21 AM
My favorite part of summer weather is thunderstorms. I know some fear them, but I love 'em!

Karen, it's not the storms so much, it's the 'severe' ones we've been having.:( I have already drug the furkids to the basement several times when the tornado siren was going off. Worse yet, it went off when I was at work last Sat. and I couldn't even be home to protect my furkids just one mile down the road.:( Also, a few tornado warnings have been out in the middle of the night. So, sleepless nights.

lizbud
06-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Karen, it's not the storms so much, it's the 'severe' ones we've been having.:( I have already drug the furkids to the basement several times when the tornado siren was going off. Worse yet, it went off when I was at work last Sat. and I couldn't even be home to protect my furkids just one mile down the road.:( Also, a few tornado warnings have been out in the middle of the night. So, sleepless nights.

Yeah, same here in Indy.:eek: Smokey holes up in the bathroom all night
and Maggie just sleeps under the dining room table with her head on my
foot.:D She comes out to bark at the thunder when we get a real loud
boom. What ever works for them.:)

Karen, if you like storms,you would be positively giddy at some of ours.:D

davidpizzica
06-13-2010, 01:51 PM

The only problem is, Chocolatepuppy, is that when you're finished with your storms, you have a habit of sending them to western Pa!!

lizbud
06-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Just came on TV, weather alert. More storms moving across the state
moving from West to East. They will be in Indy in about 45 minutes. It's
supposed to be like this all this week.:eek:

Karen
06-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Karen, if you like storms,you would be positively giddy at some of ours.:D

I'm sure I would be, I can be pretty insufferably gleeful during a good storm! ;) T'was always thus - the closest I personally came to getting hit by lightning was when I was next door and a storm blew up. The mom, and therefore the daughter, were terrified of storms and screamed every time the thunder boomed.Rather than hang out with "those ninnies," I ran for home, and I heard them scream loudest yet when I ran past the telephone pole. Afterwards they told me lightning struck the ground right behind me as I ran, I was so intent on getting home, I didn't even notice!

Marigold2
06-13-2010, 09:26 PM
When my daughter was 7 we had a tornado go through our back yard. It took years for the poor thing to feel safe again when a storm came.
I too enjoy a good old thunder storm. My husband and I used to live on the 12 floor of a high rise not far from Lake Erie. We would kneel on our bed and look out the bedroom window at the lightening coming arcoss the lake. It was very romantic. I felt very safe laying next to him with his arms around me and the thunder crashing. Those feelings have never gone away even after 24 years. Ah to be young and in love. :D

Marigold2
06-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Now see if that had happened to me everyone who say.,
"so that is why Monica is so striking" LOL
Actually that would expain some of my weirdness.
I'm sure I would be, I can be pretty insufferably gleeful during a good storm! ;) T'was always thus - the closest I personally came to getting hit by lightning was when I was next door and a storm blew up. The mom, and therefore the daughter, were terrified of storms and screamed every time the thunder boomed.Rather than hang out with "those ninnies," I ran for home, and I heard them scream loudest yet when I ran past the telephone pole. Afterwards they told me lightning struck the ground right behind me as I ran, I was so intent on getting home, I didn't even notice!