PDA

View Full Version : Edwin -- the Long Lost Brother

Edwina's Secretary
10-21-2002, 02:05 PM
Saturday night we had a party for my in-laws' 50th anniversary. A cat came to the party. This cat, who I quickly named Edwin (in full possesion of his velvety parts) looks soooo much like Edwina! Gray and white. He even has the same soft fur she has. He is young -- probably a year or so -- long, long legs and big paws. What a sweety!!!! He climbed in my lap and promptly went to sleep (oh, I'd love to help clean up the party but there is a cat on my lap! --:rolleyes: ;) )

I feel in love but we didn't bring him home because we couldn't be sure he was a stray and how would Edwina react???? How would someone feel if they loved him too and he never came home???

I sobbed all the way back. Regrettably he lives about 3.5 hours away so it would be very difficult to check on him.

I'm so sad......

Here's his picture...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p3ba6fc396aa8b0a8d80fa40fd2f60235/fd23cf39.jpg

Karen
10-21-2002, 02:16 PM
Well, have your in-laws keep an eye out for him, but he looks pretty healthy, so I'd bet he belongs to somebody. If they find out who he belongs to, he and Edwina could correspond! He does look like he could be related, doesn't he?

jenluckenbach
10-21-2002, 02:21 PM
Yes, definitely have the in-laws watch out for him. If he got away from someone who is NOT looking for him, we'd hate to see him spend the winter outside.
And what a beautiful matched set they would make.

Edwina's Secretary
10-21-2002, 02:36 PM
The party was held at a club house which unfortunately is not close to my in-laws home....:( :mad: :(

Kirsten
10-21-2002, 03:01 PM
Yes, he looks healthy indeed and his paws are very clean, so he probably belongs to someone. Too bad that your in-laws don't live closer, somebody SHOULD have an eye on him, that's true!

He's such a beautiful boy, and he resembles Edwina so much! :) And you can see even from the pic how soft his fur is! :) How sweet! :)

Kirsten

NoahsMommy
10-21-2002, 03:04 PM
Wow, Edwin REALLY looks like Edwina! He sure is a cutie!

Hopefully he has a home and was just wandering by to see what all the noise was... He seems friendly in that picture, I'm sure he has a ton of people looking after him.

Randi
10-21-2002, 03:15 PM
Oh Sara, he does look a lot like like Edwina! :eek: I can just imagine how hard it was to let him go! Such a handsome guy - Edwina would surely fall in love with him! ;) If your in-laws, or better, anyone living closer, come past that place again in the near future, perhaps they could put a note up along with the picture, asking about him? But seeing how well kept he is, he has probably already been spoken for. :rolleyes:

Now Sara - don't even think of it, you won't make it in your lunch break! ;)

NoahsMommy
10-21-2002, 04:00 PM
OK...I'm embaressed to even admit this...I JUST got why you named him "Edwin"!!! :o

Miss Meow
10-21-2002, 06:11 PM
Maybe it's Marius who trotted off to the hairdresser for a condition and grey dye job, because he knew you'd be there :eek:

Seriously, he's beautiful. If he's not being permanently looked after by someone, he probably has a number of homes to visit for food and attention. Maybe your in-laws can keep an eye on him and report back to you?

krazyaboutkatz
10-21-2002, 10:48 PM
Wow!:eek: He sure looks like Edwina's twin. I sure hope that he has a nice home. It looks like he's very healthly and well cared for in the picture. Too bad he lives so far away. I'd also try to get your relatives to inquire about him.

Logan
10-21-2002, 11:26 PM
Bless his heart! He is Edwina's twin, for sure!!! I hope only good things for Edwin, Sara. :)

moosmom
10-22-2002, 10:18 AM
Sara,

He is the mirror of Lady Edwina. He's beautiful! I'd also have your in-laws keep an eye on him. My opinion is...if his humans can't take care of him and let him wander, then I'd give him a home. Maybe Lady Edwina would like a boyfriend :D . Ya don't know till ya try, right?