PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for flea protection? bulk prices?

Purr-tender
06-10-2010, 11:04 PM
With my cat crew up to an incredible 26 now I need advice on best flea protection that I could buy in bulk to save $$$. I was buying Revolution that was packaged for large dogs and using a syringe to apply the right cc for my cat's weight. I don't have that source this year and it's time to get everyone treated. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't know if I can do the same with Advantage or Frontline.

krazyaboutkatz
06-11-2010, 12:15 AM
I've been using Advantage for many years now and I buy the large dog kind,over 55lbs, and then I measure it. I've been buying it from http://www.entirelypets.com/. They usually have a lot of summer specials and once you're on their e-mail list they'll e-mail you special with codes to save even more.

I bought the over 55lb dog advantage 12 month pack which is actually two 6 month packs for $114.99 and I also got 10% off of my order and free shipping since I spent over $85. I have 4 cats and this will last me for a long time. Each tube lasts me about 2 months or so I think.

For cats under 9lbs you give them 0.4ml and for cats over 9lbs you give them 0.8ml. I have one who is 9lbs so she gets 0.4ml and the other 3 get 0.8ml. I hope that this info has helped you. Good luck.:)

smokey the elder
06-11-2010, 09:52 AM
That trick also works for Advantage. The concentration (dose/volume) is the same; dogs just get a higher volume. So you can dose kitties. I've dosed kittens as young as 3 weeks (0.2 cc, by the way.)

Purr-tender
06-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks. Good to know that I can do the same with Advantage. Still price comparing online.

Mary

dehlers43
06-11-2010, 01:59 PM
I started using sodium triborate (Flea Busters) years ago because my kitty Wally (RB) had terrible reactions to all flea meds. It's cheap, lasts at least a year and is non-toxic - just sprinkle it on all the carpets, kitty condos, fabric covered furniture, etc. You can buy the powder in bulk and apply it yourself or in some areas Flea Busters will come to your house and do the application for you. Never had any fleas since......

catmandu
06-12-2010, 04:19 PM
My Vet gives me the Dog Flea advantage as well and that is a money saver over individual Cat doses.
Any way I can save money , I do!
The extra goes for their Food.:cool: