PDA

View Full Version : One Nation?

RICHARD
06-10-2010, 07:39 PM
I hope this link works for you.

I posted this here in the DH because, sadly, I thought about offending people who may not agree with the artist's interpretation of the subject matter.

That said?

I was very touched by the detail in the painting and the message.

Altho I was kinda surprised that Han Solo is in the photo standing next to JFK.;)

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/one-nation-under-god-jon-mcnaughton/af6ae9b96ab172697d21af6ae9b96ab172697d21-55671325343

Marigold2
06-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Sorry Richard I could not access it.

Karen
06-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Richard, the link does not work for anyone not logged into AOL.

RICHARD
06-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Richard, the link does not work for anyone not logged into AOL.

I fixed the link!!!!!

I hope it works now!

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/one-nation-under-god-jon-mcnaughton/af6ae9b96ab172697d21af6ae9b96ab172697d21-55671325343

Karen
06-10-2010, 08:34 PM
That works! Thanks for sharing, I'll have to look at the whole thing later!

RICHARD
06-10-2010, 08:50 PM
That works! Thanks for sharing, I'll have to look at the whole thing later!

Don't forget to look for Han Solo!
;)

Edwina's Secretary
06-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Yikes! Does it matter that he is a terrible painter???

That he refers to the "separation of God and State" instead of "Church and State"??? Or even "Religion and State" for goodness sake.

That....well Jefferson is in his painting...you remember Jefferson? (I think it is Jefferson - he is such a bad painter it is difficult to be sure...) What was his position on "Church and State?" or if you are ignorant "God and State"???

What pap...What a Moron....

RICHARD
06-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Don't forget to look for Han Solo!
;)

Damn, I knew there would be someone who didn't like Han Solo.

I was afraid of posting that video. There are way too many people that cannot suspend reality than marvel in man's talent.

I used to like setting off fireworks until that nagging voice from the periphery whispered, "you are going to hurt yourself....".

LOL,
It's like looking at the picture of the Andy Warhol/Campbell Soup Cans.

It makes me want to eat soup.
Other people won't taste it because the label is weird.

I'd rather feed myself with the bizarre,
than starve myself with the absolute.:eek::confused:;)

Lady's Human
06-11-2010, 12:35 AM
I'd rather feed myself with the bizarre,
than starve myself with the absolute.

Why not make yourself pass out with the absolut and avoid it altogether? :p

RICHARD
06-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Why not make yourself pass out with the absolut and avoid it altogether? :p

LOLOL,
Because I am drinking Kamchatka tonight!

I Swear to George....:D

blue
06-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Thanks for posting that RICHARD. May the Force be with you.

Now somebody pass the Absolute.

RICHARD
06-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Thanks for posting that RICHARD. May the Force be with you.

Now somebody pass the Absolute.

You saw Han Solo, right?;)

Edwina's Secretary
06-11-2010, 05:51 PM
I have to laugh.

Because this moron can paint a bad imitation of Tom Kincaide style painting does not make him an artist nor his work art.

Kitsch, yes. Art - not by a long shot!

I'll save my marveling for comic books. Most contain better "art" than this guy can produce!

Edwina's Secretary
06-11-2010, 05:52 PM
I have to laugh.

Because this moron can paint a bad imitation of Tom Kincaide style painting does not make him an artist nor his work art.

Kitsch, yes. And bad kitsch at that. Art - not by a long shot!

I'll save my marveling for comic books. Most contain better "art" than this guy can produce!

Bengalz
06-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I prefer to reserve comment about politics, art and religion ... HOWEVER, it sure is wonderful to hear Sara's "voice" again:D

I hope you and yours are well Sara and THANK YOU Richard:)

Lady's Human
06-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Glad to see ES hasn't been affected by her time away.

Way to keep the claws needlessly sharp.

Cataholic
06-11-2010, 06:55 PM

I don't know if you are trying to be insulting, or not. BUT, I am so flipping glad to see the return of ES, I am nearly crying. If the world agreed with me 100%, it would, indeed, be terribly boring and unchallenging.

The silence of ANYONE, and of course, for me, a true friend, is a terrible thing. An official welcome back to you, ES.

Lady's Human
06-11-2010, 09:58 PM
There's a difference between having a difference of opinion and being downright insulting.

Besides, Cataholic, WE can't disagree.

We're a "Click", remember? :p

Edwina's Secretary
06-11-2010, 10:17 PM
I don't know if you are trying to be insulting, or not. BUT, I am so flipping glad to see the return of ES, I am nearly crying. If the world agreed with me 100%, it would, indeed, be terribly boring and unchallenging.

The silence of ANYONE, and of course, for me, a true friend, is a terrible thing. An official welcome back to you, ES.

No, I am not back. I swing by occasionally and cannot help commenting on the exceptional...Huge, unprecedented ecological disasters being called "doo doo that happens" Kitsch and very bad kitsch at that ... being called "art"...and the separation of church and state - a principle that makes this nation great - being called the "separation of God and state."

What hooey.

The truely insulting stuff - the continuing misogyny - the belittling of certain professions by the chronically unemployed, the suggestion that a woman whose daughter was murdered is somehow responsible...well that is just too much unpleasantness for what should be a place for animal lovers and too much misanthropy for me.

Karen
06-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Art - what is and what is not Art is always subject to a matter of opinion. 'twas always thus.

RICHARD
06-11-2010, 11:24 PM
I thought about offending people who may not agree with the artist's interpretation of the subject matter.

See, I did my job.

Sometimes beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It's when people look in the mirror that things go wrong.
:(

A long, long time ago,
In a Galaxy far, far away.....

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/12/17/129055348403215441.jpg

blue
06-11-2010, 11:29 PM
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/1980/original/star-wars-darth-vader-sense.jpg

RICHARD
06-11-2010, 11:38 PM
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/spaceimages_2107_84139336

A photo of Uranus.

http://www.spaceimages.com/uranusphotos.html

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/4/23/128850231915741091.jpg

blue
06-11-2010, 11:41 PM
That better not be Myanus!!!

Bonny
06-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Talking about Myanus.That is a very busy painting. I could hang that one on my bathroom wall over the bath tube with the toilet facing it. He should of painted Jesus in a suit instead of a (gown/toga?), it would be more befitting of our times.

lizbud
06-12-2010, 09:57 AM

Did you just have to make a snarky comment ??? You are guilty of doing
the very thing you condemn others for. Don't you see that?

Differing opinoins on the topic are legitimate, snarky comments about
other posters are not.

Bonny
06-12-2010, 10:30 AM
ME-O-O-O-O-OW! YE-O-O-O-OW! This reminds me of the snarly cats fights on my deck at 2:00 in the morning. Lets dogs outside to break up fight. :D All is calm & peaceful for awhile. :D

RICHARD
06-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Did you just have to make a snarky comment ??? You are guilty of doing
the very thing you condemn others for. Don't you see that?

Differing opinoins on the topic are legitimate, snarky comments about
other posters are not.

Hmm, I thought the snarky comments about the topic were par for course.

There is always the kid in the back of the room during the magic show that yells out, "I know how that trick is done"......

Great, you ruined the show by insisting you know everything, then showed the group how disruptive you are.

I like stories that move/touch me. I thought the painting-as cheap and stupid as some people may think it is- was really cool. But that's my 'poor man' view of art.

I can draw a stick figure, but when it come to Han Solo and JFK, I am screwed.

I don't have the hoity toity eye for art.

I can tell a Pollack from an O'keefe-that's really not THAT hard.;) But I don't throw stones at other people's taste in art.

What I posted earlier about people looking in mirrors?

Sometimes it's healthy to do it and laugh at the person you see.

That and a good glass of that fiber stuff helps keep me regular and not so cranky.

I get that way when I am 'bound up', f you know what I mean.

pomtzu
06-12-2010, 12:29 PM
I give up! What is it about Han Solo???? I paused it, zoomed it in, and I still can't figure out what's not as it should be. Something around his collar doesn't look quite right..............:confused:

And since I would starve as an art critic, and also that I can't draw a straight line even with a ruler, I thought that the painting was quite remarkable. :)

RICHARD
06-12-2010, 12:34 PM
I give up! What is it about Han Solo???? I paused it, zoomed it in, and I still can't figure out what's not as it should be. Something around his collar doesn't look quite right..............:confused:

And since I would starve as an art critic, and also that I can't draw a straight line even with a ruler, I thought that the painting was quite remarkable. :)

If you look to the left of where JFK is?

I just thought that person/face looked like Han Solo.

It was a joke because I thought to myself, WTF is Han Solo doing in a pic/painting of the subject matter.;)

pomtzu
06-12-2010, 12:41 PM
If you look to the left of where JFK is?

I just thought that person/face looked like Han Solo.

It was a joke because I thought to myself, WTF is Han Solo doing in a pic/painting of the subject matter.;)

OK - got your point now. Good question. Is there someone significant in history that looks like him???:confused:

RICHARD
06-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Is there someone significant in history that looks like him???:confused:

Silly,

INDIANA JONES!:confused::eek:;)

He killed Nazis!