PDA

View Full Version : Zep Brand rug cleaner.

RICHARD
06-09-2010, 03:08 PM
I bought a bottle of this stuff.

It's Zep Commercial High Traffic Carpet Cleaner.

I got it to clean the areas where Ed pukes up his hairballs.

Late last night he puked and I sprayed the area with the product.

I used a stiff bristled brush to work the solution in and covered it with a section of newspaper.

One part of the rug that had an old piece of gum that had been there for years.

I also sprayed that section with this stuff and gave it a few strokes, just for the heck of it.

THat was at three this morning-I uncovered the spots this about 10 a.m.(I leave them covered for a few hours to make sure the cat does not get into them).

I put my finger on the gum and it was soft....I took the brush and I'll be danged, the gum had dissolved and I was able to brush it away!

Now I have a super clean spot on the carpet! I am totally amazed, I have a few more spots that I am going to attempt to clean.....:D

One is pen ink and another is something I cannot identify....

Bonny
06-09-2010, 03:20 PM
By the time you get done with the Zep you'll have a nice new rug. :D

caseysmom
06-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the tip I have a few stubborn spots. I have been using my kirby shampooer like crazy I for my daughters graduation party.

RICHARD
06-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the tip I have a few stubborn spots. I have been using my kirby shampooer like crazy I for my daughters graduation party.

You may want to check the web to see if the make a cleaner/concentrate for shampooers. I had seen the name on other floor care products for a long time.

RICHARD
06-09-2010, 07:45 PM
By the time you get done with the Zep you'll have a nice new rug. :D

NO, I have a rug with a bunch of clean patches.....;)

Bonny
06-10-2010, 08:21 AM
If Ed keeps puking up hair balls all over your rug it will be like new by the time he gets done. :D Cats gotta love them but sometimes would like to kick them in the butt too( a little nudge). :D

Catherinedana
06-11-2010, 11:40 AM
I
Now I have a super clean spot on the carpet! I am totally amazed, I have a few more spots that I am going to attempt to clean.....:D

One is pen ink and another is something I cannot identify....

Ummmmmm, that's more than a little frightening, Richard!!