PDA

View Full Version : One not so nice fairy (A tail by moosmom and ramanth)

ramanth
10-21-2002, 08:46 AM
Saturday morning rolled by and around 11 a.m. just as I was about to call Donna, the phone rang and lo and behold it was Donna! :D (Great minds think alike ;) )

We decided to meet at the Bark Park at 12:30 and I set off to get ready. Shortly after Donna called me back. She had a flat tire!! :( :mad:
The evil tire fairy had struck!

A slight setback but we decided we'd still try to meet out there. I had also called Leslie (AdoreMyDogs) and she too was going to meet us at the Bark Park.

So at 11:30, I head out to my car and.... I HAVE A FLAT TIRE!!! :eek: :mad: :(

I race back to the house to get Andy and to call Donna and Leslie.

So Andy put on the spare tire, while I'm standing there muttering about the irony of it all, and we drive it to the tire shop to see if it can be fixed or if it has to be replaced. It was fixable (nail puncture) and at 1:30 I was heading back to Andy's to drop him off and pick Kia up.

By 2 p.m. Kia was having a blast romping with Graham and Kersey and the other pooches at the Bark Park. :)

But sadly Donna couldn't make it. :(

And I will let her tell her part of the story......

SadiesDad
10-21-2002, 04:05 PM
Sorry to hear Donna couldn't make it, but glad that Kia had fun with Graham and Kersey. one fo these days we will have to get Sadie and Cincy up there to see everyone!

wolf_Q
10-21-2002, 08:34 PM
That's very odd that you both would get a flat tire! At least Kia still got to play with Graham and Kersey though! You have any pics??

Cinder & Smoke
10-21-2002, 09:28 PM
Donna... ??

Your turn... :confused:

moosmom
10-21-2002, 10:21 PM
I really had my heart set on spending the day with Kimmy, Kia, Leslie, Graham and Kersey. I THOUGHT I either picked up a nail like Kimmy, or drove over some glass.

I called KIA 24-hour roadside service and they came an HOUR later and put the donut on so I could have my tire fixed. The guy looked at it to see where the nail was. Surprize, surprize, it wasn't a nail or a piece of glass.

I live on a very busy street. I park right near the road in my brother-in-laws furneral home parking lot. Some smart ass decided to slash my tire. That little prank cost me $120. :mad: :mad: I'm just glad and VERY lucky they didn't slash all four tires. I've since been parking my car in the rear of the lot away from the street.

I hope the 3 of us can get together soon before the weather gets bad.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the short and curlies of whoever slashed my tire's!!!!:p :p :mad: :mad: Slimebags!!!

Karen
10-21-2002, 11:18 PM
Once, several years ago, I was parked at my bosses' house on a Saturday, when they had the office in the basement of their nice home in a nice neighborhood. When I went to leave, to meet my mother and a friend from my office at a Messiah Sing that we all went to every year, someone had slashed not one but TWO of my tires. Like most people I had just ONE spare tire, and no way to call them, as they were in a big auditorium, it didn't even have a phone number, and I knew they were saving me a "coveted" seat between them in the soprano section. Ma figured something must have happened and wasn't toooo worried, but my friend was convinced I was lying injured in a ditch somewhere. I was neither - just spitting mad still at the bosses' house and unable to do anything about anything! Oooooooh, was I annoyed!

Evil tire fairy, huh?

Cinder & Smoke
10-22-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest whoever slashed my tire's short and curlies!!!!
:p :p :mad: :mad: Slimebags!!!

:confused: ... Huh??

...my TIRE's 'short an curlies'... ?? :confused:

Wade a minnit... Duz she meen...

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the Short 'n Curlies
*OF* whoever slashed my tires!! ??

:eek: OMG! :D

Now THAT's not sumpin to be taken litley!

Whadda <HOOT>, MoosMom!!

:D

(Sorrie bout the Tyre!)

Nomilynn
10-22-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

That is quite the uhh.... *cough* visual?? Remind me to NEVER mess with Donna!!!! :D :D

Sorry your day was so lousy... next time will be better!!

aly
10-22-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn

That is quite the uhh.... *cough* visual?? Remind me to NEVER mess with Donna!!!! :D :D

She's one person I don't wanna mess with either!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-22-2002, 05:56 AM
So sorry to hear about your set backs. Glad to hear that Kimmy, Kia, Leslie, Graham, and Kersey got to play. Maybe next time Donna!

ramanth
10-22-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

Cinder and Smoke, you two are so cute!

Moosmom is definately not someone you wanna mess with! :D

Amy, no pics were taken... just another day at the Dog Park. :)

lizbud
10-22-2002, 10:10 AM
Phred, :D :D :D

Glad you cleared that up.I was wondering what part
of the tire was the "short & curlies", the tread maybe?:rolleyes:

Sorry about the tires you guys, but glad it all worked out.:)

moosmom
10-22-2002, 10:33 AM
Okay, pardon my grammar. I fixed it. :p:

Gee guys, :rolleyes: I'm really not that bad. I was just very disappointed that I couldn't make it.

I still stick by my curse though. I hope they get rotten apples and ex-lax for halloween candy. :mad:

lizbud
10-22-2002, 11:41 AM
Sorry Donna,

:o I didn't mean to critique your grammer. It's just that
after reading the line the first time, my little pea brain just
went, DUH ..... I really did think you meant a part of a tire.:rolleyes: . Now, how dumb, is that ? Don't answer.:D

Would love to use your curse sometime on the yahoos
who really need it. (like the ones who shattered a windshield
in the alley behind my garage). I was sweeping up glass for
three days) and hoping I wouldn't get a flat tire.:rolleyes: