PDA

View Full Version : Official Announcement to Pet Talk!

Dakota's Mommy
10-21-2002, 08:45 AM
I would like to announce the addition that we made to our family as of Friday evening! At 8 pm on Friday night we were bring home our second precious puppy! Destiny is a 8 1/2 month old Dalmation that loves attention (what dog doesn't) and loves to cuddle! Dakota and her seem to get along great and have had a blast playing this past weekend. We were very luck to grab her up as soon as we heard about her because she's such a doll.

Of course it's a challenge getting her to know her new parents, new house, and new sister, but she fits in with us very well. Brian and I think it's kind of cool that we now have a dalmation, and a dane that looks like a dalmation. It's also very weird to see that our 8 1/2 month old is so much smaller than our 4 1/2 month old. They look very cute together though and we can't wait until they get even closer to each other and really get attached to each other and to us (well Destiny, Dakota is already there).

Another unique thing is that Destiny has eyes just like Dakota's. One is blue and the other is a brownish/green. However, the eyes are switched between them and in Destiny, her blue eye has a bit of brown at the top and her brown eye has a little blue at the bottom of it. They are so precious, just like both of our puppies!

Sorry that I don't have any pics to share at this time, but hopefully by the first of the month everybody will get to see how cute our new addition is.

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-21-2002, 08:49 AM
How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures! I too was thinking about the spots your two have in common! How neat! I am sure Dakota and Destiny will be best friends in no time and that Destiny will get used to her new home quickly!

ramanth
10-21-2002, 08:51 AM
Congratulations on the new bundle of puppy!!! :D

Can't wait to see pictures!

Tina
10-21-2002, 10:56 AM
Congrats!! Your new puppy sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see pictures of her!

mugsy
10-21-2002, 11:02 AM
Aren't new additions the greatest?? Congrats on your newest baby!! Hurry with pictures.

ellensy
10-21-2002, 11:44 AM
Congratulations on your new addition....... can't wait to see pictures of Destiny!!! :)

jenluckenbach
10-21-2002, 12:07 PM
Congratulations on your new baby.

It's wonderful that they will look so good together, all black and white, a matched set.

tatsxxx11
10-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Congratuations to you on your new additon! And Destiny, I think you are desitned to enjoy one very, very happy life with your terrific family! Can't wait to see the pics:)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-21-2002, 01:38 PM
How Wonderful!!! Puppy Breath!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!:D

SadiesDad
10-21-2002, 04:02 PM
Congrats on Destiny! Had to be a dalmation didn't it!?!

How did the first day of the two dogs alone in the house go?

Fuzzy317
10-21-2002, 07:50 PM
Congratulations on your new puppy.

Did someone else request pictures? :D

anna_66
10-21-2002, 08:41 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!
I just can't wait to see your new sweetie:D

delidog
10-21-2002, 08:41 PM
Congratulations on the new addition...and more PuppyBreath!!!!!
Just like your sister said...It had to be a Dalmation,didn't it?!?!?!?
well, now you almost have a "Danemation!!!" ;) :) :D
I cannot wait to see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookiebaker
10-21-2002, 08:54 PM
Congratulations!! I will echo every post here and say "I can't wait to see pics!!!!" :D Sounds like so much fun!!

KYS
10-22-2002, 12:25 AM
Me too, Big Congratulations on your new pup.

Dakota's Mommy
10-22-2002, 03:57 PM
The first day home alone for a few hours at a time (yesterday) went just fine for the two pups! We did have a couple of accidents yesterday morning, but none in the afternoon. I think part of the problem yesterday with that though was that we got hit hard with a major downpour while Brian was home between PT and work so neither of the girls would go out long enough to go potty! As I said, no mistakes yesterday afternoon, but we did have another potty accident this morning that I found while I was home on lunch.

The greatest news for us though is that both dogs were doing just fine (no fights, yeah), and nothing was tore up or distroyed while we were gone. I figure potty training will come with time and it doesn't cost us much money (a little bit on paper towels and the clean spray), but it's costs a heck of a lot more money to replace things that they would tear up or destroy.

Brian and I were both very pleased and hope that things went the same this afternoon and hope that they continue going as they have been:cool: !

delidog
10-22-2002, 08:59 PM
I just realized....you will also have a pair of matching spots!!!!!
we could have 2 sets of spotty bookends!!!!!
matched sets!!!!
what fun!!!;) :)

shais_mom
10-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures!!! I am glad they are getting along so well! Sounds like things are falling into place!

turner
10-22-2002, 09:35 PM
Congrats on your new addition! Can't wait to see those pup pics