PDA

View Full Version : Bow!

stace1319
06-07-2010, 06:40 AM
I just taught Harley a new trick! Bow! It only took 5 tries and he got it! Every now and then he still wants to put his butt down and I have to remind him but he is doing soo good. He is such a smart boy. I just had to brag a little about how ah-mazin he his, lol! I'm going to make a video in a little bit of all his and Remmington's tricks (yes, remmy is STILL here):rolleyes: I might as well face it, I'm stuck with that crazy dog.

Freedom
06-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Good boy, Harley!

Amazing what they will do for treats, huh? I love it when they finally understand a new command, that feeling, that the light went ON for them.

Taz_Zoee
06-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Dogs are always amazing me with how smart they really are. This weekend I taught my friends dog to sit. They said "oh, we try but she doesn't get it". I had her sitting perfectly in 5 minutes. Later I only had to say "sit" once and her butt hit the ground so fast.
Then my "sisters" dog walked over to my moms with me. While I was inside she thought I left so she walked back to my brothers. I called to her and she came back to me. I asked her where her frisbee was that she brought over with her. She immediately ran past me back to my moms house and got the toy. I was amazed!!

And then of course there's Remmy, look how smart he is! He found the best home and worked his way into your hearts and now he's there to stay!

Good job Harley AND Remmy! :D :D

stace1319
06-07-2010, 10:37 AM
haha, yeah, Remmy is smart too. He just behaves himself better then Harley. Harley is always trying to outsmart us. Before I got the cage to put him in, I had to put him in the laundry room, then he learned how to open the door. On day I came home after Dave had been there a few hours and I found a piece of paper tore up in the floor. I said "Harley was out again huh? I found the evidence" Dave just stopped what he was doing and gave me this blank stare. Then he starting lauphing. I asked him what he was lauphing about and he said " that damn dog tricked me again!" Apparently Harley saw him pull up, ran back in the laundry room and closed the door back. lol. That dog is always outsmarting him and he hates it! I'm a little harder for him to get anything by, maybe its just a girl thing, but he tricks me every now and then. The night I got his cage was the night before my daughters 3rd birthday. I had put a chair and the kitchen table against the door so he couldn't get out. We went somewhere and when we got home he table was scooted out and all brookes presents were opened and he had eaten all of her 22 cupcakes. We found him in his bed pretending to be asleep.:rolleyes: Despite eating all that sugar, he was fine.

Remmy has been learning some tricks too. It's amazing how fast they catch on! He knows sit, down, stay, come, shake, and is starting to learn how to turn around. He also knows how to go down the slide. He is so goofy. He acts just like Harley did when he was a pup but a little more brave, lol. He actually barks at people when they pull in, or walk by... or even think about coming up to the house. Him and Harley had the cable guy scared to come up to the house the other day.

Harley knows sit, down, shake, other paw, turn around, (starting to work on getting him to turn the other way), roll over, go get my boots, stay, come, go down the slide, Bang (play dead), and now bow. His "wait" is cute. He has a hard time balancing he bone on his nose so I tell him to lay down all the way (his head on the floor sideways) and I place the treat on his jaw and tell him to wait. When I say "ok" he just opens that giant mouth of his and it falls right in!

MonicanHonda
06-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Yay!!! Delta really likes this trick too! Lol