PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft:Cata <-Video Game

king2005
06-07-2010, 03:39 AM
I know there are many WoW players on PT, so whos excited about Cata?!?!

Trevor has a Beta account on the US PTR so I've gotten to see a portion of the New expansion. I plan to make a toon on his account so I can play & learn how to play Alliance, as Trevor has switched to a new server (Alterac Mountains) to join a world top 10 guild, & it happened to be Alliance... Boo!

Since I have to switch to Alliance (wont be switching servers or factions until my bank account has sold all his stuff, as he makes between 500~1000g/day. I plan to play the new Werewolf race when its made live <- Not sure when that will be, or if it already is live. So soon Brisquet will be a Werewolf & not cool Taurn (cow), so her name wont be nearly as cool :( At least werewolves are cool, right, RIGHT? lol

so back to Cata....

The water effects are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!! The new cities are pretty darn sweet looking too. Orgamar is neat & errr ummmm The alliance City that has the huge harbor is WICKED looking from the sky, it looks like a real city its just amazing looking & HUGE! <-flying is sooo awesome in the old world :D

Time to brag...(you can brag too!!!)

Brisquet has recently gotten her Loremaster, & 3000 quests. Took a while but was fairly easy as I used the wowhead addons to help track my quests so I knew which ones I hadn't completed.

So now that I have quests to do, I've decided to work on Rep. I became Exalted with Sporeggar yesterday. I grinded the 1 quest for about 4hrs straight to go from Friendly~Exalted. The little Sporebat thing is sooo cute!! It can even fly with me on my Albino Drake.. Mind you the little guy has a fetish with my Drakes rear end, but meh, its still a cute little pet lol

I'm about 50% revered with Netherwing & Cannot WAIT to hit exalted so I can buy ALL the Nether Drakes as they are sooo cool!! Oh & so I can get closer to 100 Mounts... I have about 52 right now.

I have my Little Fawn & its sooooo cute! Its runs/jumps just like a real deer as it follows you... Too cute!

I also received a Sea Turtle 2 days ago & it has been a great help so far :)

Ok, WoW friends, Blab away!!! :D

My Sea Turtle beside Speedy the Turtle
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs506.ash1/29904_10150195975900268_530510267_12508318_5080487 _n.jpg

My Spirit Bear (old pic)
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs546.snc3/29904_10150195976190268_530510267_12508349_3162405 _n.jpg

Scooter's Mom
06-07-2010, 04:13 AM
You're going to be a little disappointed - you only get to select one netherwing drake once your faction is good enough. I have several friends who thought they'd get all of them, but then had to select only one.

I'll try to post more on this later - I don't know why I'm up at 2am, since I have to be up at 4:30... sleep is calling me.

king2005
06-07-2010, 04:27 AM
You're going to be a little disappointed - you only get to select one netherwing drake once your faction is good enough. I have several friends who thought they'd get all of them, but then had to select only one.

Not true.
When you become Exalted you'll be saved from the mad Dragonmaw Orcs & returned to Shath. where you get 1 FREE Netherdrake of your choice (colour wise). You have to go back to the Ledge & and talk to the Flying Mount Vendor (the dude near the racing guys), & each Netherdrake are 200 gold each :)

I wowhead everything :)

king2005
06-10-2010, 06:50 AM

I'll try to post more on this later - I don't know why I'm up at 2am, since I have to be up at 4:30... sleep is calling me.

I just became Exalted with Netherwing, got my free Drake, flew back & bought the rest. I'm very happy :)

prechrswife
06-10-2010, 08:51 AM
My husband finally got me to start playing last year, although trying to level a toon with 3 little kids is not an especially fast process. My main is a night elf hunter on Alleria server. I'm at level 56 right now. My husband and I have also started a guild (he has 2 80's), and they are raiding Naxx, Uld, and OS a lot right now to gear the newer 80's, working toward ICC.

Very cool that you've gotten to see some of the new expansion. We're seeing the pictures and stuff that are on the Warcraft Facebook page.

Some of the changes are going to be interesting. My hunter won't have to have ammo any more, and won't be a mana user. I will also be able to have multiple pets without having to stable the others, which will be nice. (Can still only use one at a time, but will be able to switch between them without having to go back to a stable.)

king2005
06-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Really? Hunters can have more then 5 pets? EXCITED! Means I can collect some of the useless rares. I was possibly the 2nd person on our Server to have the Spirit Bear, as we had only seen one other hunter with it for a week.. then it was them & myself with it.. didn't see a 3rd until nearly a month after I got mine.

Hunters will also be able to stealth, & with stealthing pets we'll be awesome!!!

I'll also be excited about the No More Ammo, as having many stacks in mt bags, well, isn't cool lol

prechrswife
06-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I think we'll still be limited to 5, but you will be able to switch the one you are using without having to go back to the stable to get the other one. It's been awhile since I read it, though, so I may be wrong on the number.

king2005
06-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Oooo.. I can already do that :)
It has a 5 min cool down & a 5 min up time.. I like to show off my pets in Orgamar & Dalaran... So with the the stables being able to be opened anywhere I am, I get to have more flexibility when questing, earning rep, & earning achievements...

Its a very nice feature