PDA

View Full Version : Please send Prayers for Our Mail Carrier Michelle

catmandu
06-06-2010, 05:10 PM
:love::love:
Our Dear Friend and Mail Carrier was attacked and mauled by a Portugese Cattle Dog who was in a fiels illegally as the land was not part of his home.:mad:
He got loose and surprised Our Dear Friend Michelle , and only her common sense and the intervention of a mechanic from across the road saved her from life threatening injuries:)
She has been our Mail Carrier for as long as I can recall, and has done this route going on 27 years.:cool:
This sadly may end her career, and I hope she sues the morons who had these Big Dogs out in the heat with no shade or water , and no supervision:mad:
Michelle is a cancer survivor and is still being treated for leukemia.:(
She always brought us extra coupons, especially if they were Cat Related and we once saved Ellie Mae from a Bar Parking Lot.
She left Ellie Mae in my back yard as it was so mauch safer and the Animal Wefare found her a Great Furr Ever Home.:love:
Please pray for Our Dear Friend, shes truly a Wonderful Lady with several Rescue Dogs ad Cats of her own.:love::love:

Catty1
06-06-2010, 05:19 PM
OMG - many prayers for dear Michelle!

I hope she recovers from this quickly, and her continued treatment for leukemia is successful.:love:

Gary, even if she can't return to being your mail carrier, I hope that she will still be a helpful ally to you and the Found Cats.

krazyaboutkatz
06-06-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are on the way. I hope that they catch whoever is responsible for that dog.:mad:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Lots of prayers on the way from me too. What a special lady she seems to be. :love:

Taz_Zoee
06-06-2010, 06:06 PM
This is so sad. I do hope she makes a full recovery and that something will be done against the owners of the dog(s) so they cannot do more harm in the future.

Michelle will remain in my thoughts.

Karen
06-06-2010, 06:11 PM
She will be in our prayers. I hope the dog is caught and rehomed with someone has some common sense and can train it and keep it busy.

katladyd
06-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Oh no! Just when I was really making progress on my resentment and fear of dogs, I read this. Oh, how I hope this loving lady makes a full recovery and the dogs are either rehomed or prevented from ever attacking anyone or anything ever again! This really rattled me.:(

Freedom
06-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Prayers from RI for Michelle.

The Dog Whisperer does special classes for mail carriers, explaining how to deal with dog situations. He has one session on tape, and the Super can buy it and have the carriers see it in a training session. I wish more of the budgets would allow for this. Dogs present the biggest hazard for mail carriers.

catmandu
06-07-2010, 09:28 AM
The Dog is in isolation now at the SPCA.
It was a person who lived next door to a vacant field and the Dogs were running there , and although there was fencing , there were gaps in the fence and that is how Michelle was attacked.
They are seriously considering making this person an example and filing serious criiminal charges.
Its about time I think.
I like Dogs , but there are Dogs who need to be watched.
I hope there is an address where I can send Michelle your prayers and good thoughts.:love::love:
Thank You so much:love::love:

momcat
06-07-2010, 10:11 AM
If you do find an address for Michelle, please share it with us if you can? I, for one, would be honored to send such an extraordinary lady a card and note to give her my prayers and support and maybe cheer her up even a little bit.

Like you Gary, I hope the owners of this dog are prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law. They should answer for their irresponsibility and total disregard for the safety of others.

Michelle is very much in my thoughts and prayers for a swift and complete recovery :love:

astrid
06-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Prayers and good thoughts from me too, I sincerely hope she gets better soon and the owners of that dog pay for being so irresponsible!!

God bless Michelle and you, Uncle Gary, for your big beautiful heart:love:

catmandu
06-07-2010, 04:21 PM
I tried calling the Post Office and after being switche three times was told that they cannot give ersonal information like addresses out.
I can see that as they have no idea of who I am, or why I want that information
I asked them to pass on my good wishes and prayers, and they said they would and that there had been several calls asking the same.
I wish I knew her last time so I could visit Michelle in the hospital, but she may already be home.
They dont keep you very long in Cnadian hospitals.
I , if we meet again , will tell her of all the prayers and good wishes from My Friends on Pet Talk.:love::love::love:
She would appreciate that so much:love::love::love:

Taz_Zoee
06-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Do you think if people wanted to send a card or something that they could send it to you Gary, and then you could collect them up and give them to the mail carrier that has taken over Michelle's route? And maybe the post office could deliver them to Michelle. It's just a thought. I do hope she will be able to come back to work eventually.

phesina
06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Prayers for dear Michelle, that lovely lady, that she is not seriously wounded and will recover fully.

And I'm also hoping that that dog's owner is prosecuted to the full extent of the law. It's about time (way PAST time) an example was made of someone so irresponsible.