PDA

View Full Version : Poor Gary Coleman

Marigold2
06-06-2010, 03:27 PM
With all Gary Coleman’s financial problems … now his death… this is the best they could do for the lil’ fella…

Already has his name on it…. R.I.P.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3171/2502530286_8dbacca0f6.jpg

wombat2u2004
06-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Hahahahahaha Monica, you're a wag sometimes :D

Bonny
06-06-2010, 07:20 PM
That is really sick Marigold. :eek: Just for that I am going to throw another snowball at you. ROFL!

wombat2u2004
06-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Givea a whole new meaning to..."Gary Coleman. You are sooooooo cool"

krazyaboutkatz
06-06-2010, 07:40 PM
I usually keep my mouth shut about threads that I don't like but I find this one very offensive.:mad: It should've been placed in the Dog House to begin with. I'm sure that there are others that will agree with me.

I can take a joke just as well as the next person but this is just too sick for even me.:mad:

Marigold2
06-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Bonny I deserve that snowball :eek:
John I don' know what a wag is but I trust you as my friend so wag I am,

Freedom
06-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Very poor taste.

Marigold2
06-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Mr. Coleman has passed, what we or others say will not hurt him any more. Certainly if a family member or personal friend of his was part of PT I might not have posted this funny.
This humor is no different from Leno or SNL, The Soup, or a hundred other acts one would see. No one is hurt by this as far as I know.

wombat2u2004
06-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Hey....lighten up girls.
I'm pretty sure Mr. Coleman is getting a laugh out of this from up top to.

aTailOf2Kitties
06-06-2010, 09:15 PM
:eek::):D:p

pomtzu
06-07-2010, 11:36 AM
I usually keep my mouth shut about threads that I don't like but I find this one very offensive.:mad: It should've been placed in the Dog House to begin with. I'm sure that there are others that will agree with me.

I can take a joke just as well as the next person but this is just too sick for even me.:mad:

Well I don't usually keep MY mouth shut, but I too find it in poor taste. I was never overly fond of Mr Coleman, and I actually found him to be quite obnoxious in his adult life, but even outspoken me, has enough "class" (laugh if you wish), to let the tortured soul finally rest.

lizbud
06-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Well I don't usually keep MY mouth shut, but I too find it in poor taste. I was never overly fond of Mr Coleman, and I actually found him to be quite obnoxious in his adult life, but even outspoken me, has enough "class" (laugh if you wish), to let the tortured soul finally rest.

I'm not laughing,and yes, I though it was in poor taste as well. The man is
dead, let him rest in peace.

Lady's Human
06-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Congratulations to the OP.

You've got Liz, Pom and I agreeing.

:eek:

caseysmom
06-07-2010, 07:14 PM

Count me in. No surprise here.

jennielynn1970
06-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Oh my. Just not nice.

aTailOf2Kitties
06-07-2010, 09:05 PM
aw, c'mon he'll stay fresher for longer in there ;)

Bonny
06-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Real Coffins run $7,000 including a middle of the road vault. That is not cheap. :eek: Then there is the head stone $$$$$$$. Then there is the old fashioned way which I guess you can legally do, wrapped in a sheet & a 6' hole to boot. Death & Taxes something we can't escape in the real world.:(

king2005
06-08-2010, 12:58 AM
People joked about MJ right after his death.. I don't see this as any different, even if I think its a little too soon.

Bonny
06-08-2010, 07:36 AM
I suppose we could have waited an extra day. ;)

pomtzu
06-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Real Coffins run $7,000 including a middle of the road vault. That is not cheap. :eek: Then there is the head stone $$$$$$$. Then there is the old fashioned way which I guess you can legally do, wrapped in a sheet & a 6' hole to boot. Death & Taxes something we can't escape in the real world.:(

I don't see your point, as the cost wasn't the original issue, irreverence was. We can't escape death and taxes, but you can at least have some respect the the dead. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I never did think that death was a matter to joke about.

And just for a little added info. If you find the cost of a funeral is too much to suit you, then get cremated. That is my intention for myself, as I have no desire to spend all of eternity in a hole in the ground.

Bonny
06-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Cremation sounds good maybe they have Coleman Cremators too? I know they have Coleman camp stoves & Coleman lanterns.

Humor is what keeps a person sane in this world. What is insane to some is sane to others. What is offensive to some isn't to others. When my father passed away I almost had a moment of the giggles at his grave site. The train whistles in the area were blasting away as the reverend was saying a prayer. You could hardly hear his words & I knew dad was smiling down on us because he was a machinst on the Rock Island line & they would blow the whistles down in the yard at night when everyone was trying to sleep. Then they handed the U.S. flag to my mom & said something about it being presented to her by the president of the U.S. At the time my dad didn't care for that particular president. I had to hold back another giggle at a serious moment. We had polka music at our fathers funeral in honor of him & all the beautiful polkas & waltzs he played on his accordian. SOME people were offended but we knew our dad would of loved it. :)

Asiel
06-08-2010, 09:32 AM
As a child actor I found him rather funny, but when he became an adult he also became a somewhat less than his cute loveable self and the appeal he had as a child no longer existed for me. I did try to understand that maybe the serious health conditions he suffered from had turned him into an obnoxious person and found it sad.
But no matter what my personal feelings were towards him I didn't find the OP joke very funny. It was rather tasteless to print something like this . Wouldn't it be nicer to either say nothing or try to find some of his good points. A death is always sad no matter who it is , I prefer to remain respectful of that.

Cataholic
06-08-2010, 10:19 AM

Now the world IS at unrest...you have Me, Pom, and LH agreeing.

(Liz, Caseysmom and I often do agree.)

pomtzu
06-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Cremation sounds good maybe they have Coleman Cremators too? I know they have Coleman camp stoves & Coleman lanterns.

Humor is what keeps a person sane in this world. What is insane to some is sane to others. What is offensive to some isn't to others. When my father passed away I almost had a moment of the giggles at his grave site. The train whistles in the area were blasting away as the reverend was saying a prayer. You could hardly hear his words & I knew dad was smiling down on us because he was a machinst on the Rock Island line & they would blow the whistles down in the yard at night when everyone was trying to sleep. Then they handed the U.S. flag to my mom & said something about it being presented to her by the president of the U.S. At the time my dad didn't care for that particular president. I had to hold back another giggle at a serious moment. We had polka music at our fathers funeral in honor of him & all the beautiful polkas & waltzs he played on his accordian. SOME people were offended but we knew our dad would of loved it. :)

Humor is a good thing of course - in it's proper place. If your father's funeral brought humor to you, then so be it. :( I found nothing at all to laugh at, at my father's funeral.

I find your cutsey reference to a "cremator", even more offensive than the original post, and I'm sure that you are both having a good laugh at the very clever thought of it. It takes all kinds, and I'm sure glad I'm not of your kind. :mad:

Cataholic
06-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Humor is a good thing of course - in it's proper place. If your father's funeral brought humor to you, then so be it. :(

I find your cutsey reference to a "cremator", even more offensive than the original post, and I'm sure that you are both having a good laugh at the very clever thought of it. It takes all kinds, and I'm sure glad I'm not of your kind. :mad:

Here is the kicker, to me. As it relates to the OP, she was the one most recently going on and on and on about outward presentation, putting one's best foot forward, dressing to the nines, suits/ties, plastic surgery and the likes.....it is just so much proof positive to me:

Don't matter a lick what you look like on the outside- it is the inside of your character that represents your true image to the world.

pomtzu
06-08-2010, 10:34 AM

I had to chuckle at that, too. Believe it or not, I agree with a lot of what you have to say. I'm really not the bad guy that some like to make me out to be. :p

caseysmom
06-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Maybe if your insides are ugly you have to work extra hard on the outside.

Cataholic
06-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Maybe if your insides are ugly you have to work extra hard on the outside.

You raise an interesting point.

Lady's Human
06-08-2010, 01:39 PM

Now we know what caused the earthquake cluster in California yesterday.

Mein Gott!

Asiel
06-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Here is the kicker, to me. As it relates to the OP, she was the one most recently going on and on and on about outward presentation, putting one's best foot forward, dressing to the nines, suits/ties, plastic surgery and the likes.....it is just so much proof positive to me:

Don't matter a lick what you look like on the outside- it is the inside of your character that represents your true image to the world.

That is the best of them all. Great post and to the point.

aTailOf2Kitties
06-08-2010, 05:14 PM
good grief people, it's the internet for God's sake. It's full of insulting things. If you don't like something stop looking at it. Quit trying to preach to those of us who aren't insulted just because you are. You're not going to convert anyone. :rolleyes:

pomtzu
06-08-2010, 05:15 PM
That is the best of them all. Great post and to the point.

I owe you an email. Maybe tomorrow???????????? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ

Bonny
06-08-2010, 05:50 PM
pomtzu, You are who you are & I am who I am. This is the dog house. Gary Coleman is dead but now I will have to look at any Coleman products I see & think of him. To bad he wasn't related to the family that has the Coleman patient maybe his life would of been different?:)

Lady's Human
06-08-2010, 06:06 PM
good grief people, it's the internet for God's sake. It's full of insulting things. If you don't like something stop looking at it. Quit trying to preach to those of us who aren't insulted just because you are. You're not going to convert anyone. :rolleyes:

The doghouse is for controversial subjects.

Making jokes about someones death is certainly that, and is sure to draw the ire of those who disagree. Can't stand the flack? Stay out of the doghouse, it's really that simple.

pomtzu
06-08-2010, 06:30 PM

I don't believe that I said anywhere, that I was trying to convert anyone, nor was I preaching - simply stating my opinion.

pomtzu, You are who you are & I am who I am. This is the dog house. Gary Coleman is dead but now I will have to look at any Coleman products I see & think of him. To bad he wasn't related to the family that has the Coleman patient maybe his life would of been different?:)

And I only voiced my opinion of what I thought about finding humor in death. I was brought up by parents who instilled a sense of decency in me.

Marigold2
06-08-2010, 09:07 PM
I am so glad I was able to bring like minds together. :D
I am truly honored to be of a different mind.
I will continue to stand outside of the clicky circle and laugh while you all enjoy ganging up on me.
Coleman is dead what we say here can't hurt him, he doesn't know and frankly why would he care if he was able? Our opinion doesn't matter to him at all, neither do we.
As for respect for the dead they are dead, as we will all be. They don't give a damn what we say about them.
We project our beliefs onto the dead, we say they are in heaven or hell or waiting for the second coming or the world to end on this day or that.
We say it's important to respect the dead, well only if we respected them in life, does being dead make you perfect all of a sudden? You can't defend yourself but you don't care to either.
I thought it was very funny as did many others, just sorry for the click who missed a good funny. You guys need to lighten up........ Leno, Lettermen, SLN, The Soup, Comedy Central, Joan Rivers, Don Rickles, Rodney Dangerfield, Jack Benny so many others would think this is funny. And that is the truth. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
And just because I like looking my best doesn't mean I have to be boring or uptight. Why should I wear jeans if I can wear silk and satin when I go out?

Marigold2
06-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Hey that is pretty funny.

aw, c'mon he'll stay fresher for longer in there ;)

Bonny
06-08-2010, 09:25 PM
If a person is raised a certain way by their parents to have respect that is fine. If a person is raised a certain way by their parents to look at things humorously fine. To put people down for either is not a fair deal. To gang up on a person like a pack of wolves because they have a different perspective on life is very narrow minded. :eek:

carole
06-08-2010, 09:30 PM
well when i saw it was a post by Marigold, i knew for certain it would be controversial and ganging up on her would occurr.

Each to their own i say, if you are offended, you have a right to say so, if you find it funny you have the right to say so, i am impartial on this one,have no strong feelings either way.

aTailOf2Kitties
06-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Hey that is pretty funny.

if it wasn't for my sense of humor, I'd have no sense at all ;) :p

blue
06-08-2010, 10:17 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3171/2502530286_8dbacca0f6.jpg

http://api.ning.com/files/iDjFwpaI1iOVrGZdIavMJQWuThI8onFhIDZCuwGp0YaUfpow3L SCstoHeu0B87Lc1symCAboWGwmNGf65KhQDRgoAA3oxnfb/LMAO.gif

Karen
06-08-2010, 11:08 PM
I thought it was very funny as did many others, just sorry for the click who missed a good funny. You guys need to lighten up........ Leno, Lettermen, SLN, The Soup, Comedy Central, Joan Rivers, Don Rickles, Rodney Dangerfield, Jack Benny so many others would think this is funny. And that is the truth. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

A few corrections. Just because a group does not agree with you on a particular joke does not make them a clique. And that, by the way is how it is spelled.

click: 1. A brief, sharp sound: the click of a door latch.
2. A mechanical device, such as a pawl, that snaps into position.
3. Computer Science An instance of pressing down and releasing a button on a pointing device, such as a mouse.
4. Linguistics Any of various implosive stops, such as that of English tsk, produced by raising the back of the tongue to make contact with the palate and simultaneously closing the lips or touching the teeth or alveolar ridge with the tip and sides of the tongue, and found as phonemic consonants especially in the Khoisan and some Bantu languages. Also called suction stop.

clique: A small exclusive group of friends or associates.

Anyway, just because someone doesn't find a particular joke funny does not mean that individual has no sense of humor. A sense of humor is no more universal than a sense of style, or of what is attractive.

Did I find that image funny? Not terribly, nor was I offended by it.

At my mother's funeral, there was plenty of laughter, and even the pastor was making people laugh. Ma would not have had it any other way, and it felt right, and healthy. Even one man I knew, who grew up in a different part of the country than I did, with a different religious culture and background, said to me afterwards, "I was taken aback at first, but when I saw your father laughing, and knew they had been married for 40+ years and raised 4 kids together, I figured the laughter must be okay."

Funerals are as individual as people. So are opinions.

No one need gang up on anyone else, this is Pet Talk, we can treat each other with respect, even if we disagree.

pomtzu
06-09-2010, 07:39 AM
I don't see any cliques here (by Karen's definition as posted), nor do I see anyone ganging up on anyone else either. All I see is different people with different ideals and values, stating their personal opinion. Nor did I see anyone trying to impose their values and beliefs on anyone else either. We are all different, and this being a fact, there will always be opposing views. Anyone that knows me, would tell anybody here that I have a great sense of humor (rather dry at times), but that of course doesn't mean that I find everything to be funny. Jokes about death just turn me off, but with people being what they are, many will find them quite funny. To each his own.............

Taz_Zoee
06-09-2010, 09:51 AM
well when i saw it was a post by Marigold, i knew for certain it would be controversial and ganging up on her would occurr.

Each to their own i say, if you are offended, you have a right to say so, if you find it funny you have the right to say so, i am impartial on this one,have no strong feelings either way.

I agree 100% Carole.

Marigold2
06-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks Karen for correcting my spelling mistake, I knew it was incorrect but my thoughts are faster then my fingers and I was too lazy to correct.
Yes sometimes people do gang up on me but that's ok, shows they are intersted in what I have to say.