PDA

View Full Version : Filou sleeps with Amber the doxie- cuteness warning

Barbara
06-05-2010, 02:43 PM
So we have been on vacation and my sister and her husband have been in my apartment to take care of Filou who is old and frail and we do not know how long we will have him.
They brought Amber, the wire hair doxie who was bred by my sister and lived with my mom until she passed away. She's with my sister now.
Filou (and Tigris) know her for many years and always were kind of arrogant towards her.
But now Filou who only weighs 5 pounds now (he used to be 7-8) is often cold and who could think of a better hot water bottle than a dachshund.
So he went over and snuggled with Amber under the blanket:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=77&pictureid=2508

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=77&pictureid=2510

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=77&pictureid=2509

I think that was really sweet from Amber.

We are back by now and Filou is really well. Thin but he eats and is happy. sleeping in the sun, climbing us (from the lower end of the jeans up to the shoulder in a T-Shirt- ouch ;))

krazyaboutkatz
06-05-2010, 02:53 PM
AWWWWWW!!!! These pictures are priceless!!!:D I'm glad to hear that Filou is doing well and I'm sure you'll treasure these pictures forever.:)

Randi
06-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Aww, just look at them! :love: Amber really is taking good care of Filou and I'm sure that is good healthwise also. :) They will probably miss each other.

Glad to hear Filou is doing so well. :)

Grace
06-05-2010, 03:20 PM
That is so sweet. Looks like they should have more visits with one another :love:

Does your sister live near you?

phesina
06-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Oh, how SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!! What could be better for them both?!

Kirsten
06-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Oh, that is sooo cute!!! Filou looks so well protected... :love:

Kirsten

catmandu
06-05-2010, 04:09 PM
I think that My Juke Joint Joseph could use Amber to sleep beside him as he has lost his Cuddle Pals John Hancock:love: and Moose!!:love:
Filou looks so comfortable , I will have to find my Electric Blanket ad see if that helps My Senior Kittyzen.:love:
Amber is such a Great Pup:love: and thats such a kindness that she is doing with Her Cat Friend:love:

Taz_Zoee
06-05-2010, 04:32 PM
That is adorable!! In the pictures they look very similar in color. Too cute!
I also believe perhaps Amber has helped Filou feel better. I know cuddling with any animal helps me feel better. :D

Bengalz
06-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Dear little Filou, you are such a wise boy knowing that Amber will keep you warm and protected. The pictures are so precious and wonderful for you to know that Filou has been well cared for:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Cuteness to the max!!! :love: What a sweet dog Amber is to share body heat with Filou! :love:

lizbud
06-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Such sweet pictures.:love: Amber proves that animals hold no grudges.:)

Killearn Kitties
06-06-2010, 02:36 AM
What a sweet girl Amber is to let Filou cuddle in. :love:
It certainly looks as though he was well looked-after while you were away.

Cataholic
06-06-2010, 08:11 AM
How adorable! Truly, dogs live in the moment..so, Amber holds no current grudges against Filou. I am glad you had someone loving and kind look after Filou whilest you were gone. I am sure it made you feel much more comfortable.

gini
06-06-2010, 10:28 AM
What lovely pictures. Ah, and people even call them "dumb" animals...........just look at this lovely pair snuggling up together to keep warm.

Pinot's Mom
06-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Very cute pictures Barbara!:love: Give little Filou a kiss from me & Pinot!:love:

I hear you had a lovely visit!:)

Randy_K
06-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Amber knows Filou needs to be comforted and protected. Those are some very sweet pictures. I am pleased that Filou is in relatively good health and is no doubt happy your finally home so he can snuggle with you too!

Sonia59
06-07-2010, 09:12 AM
This is so cute :love::love: Glad to see that Filou enjoyed having a friend to stay warm while you were not there.

Vio&Juni
06-08-2010, 04:46 PM
There are the good news I was looking for :)

It is really nice of Amber to take care of Filou like this :)

Vermontcat
06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Filou is so cute snuggled up with his new cuddle buddy.:love:
I'm happy to hear that he's doing so well.