PDA

View Full Version : Option for Female Dogs w/Incontinence Issues

Freedom
06-04-2010, 02:10 PM
I am cross posting this from another forum. This came up in a thrad re Belly Bands for males who mark in the house (and drive their owners nutty!).

I have asked for a link if she still has it, for the one dress she bought, which she then used as a "pattern." I tried to find the dress type using Google, but my search skills are not up to the task, all I found were belly bands and doggie diapers. I'm not sure how this would look on a larger breed dog, but then, if you have the problem, you likely don't care much! And there are plenty of smaller breed dogs on here who "may" need this idea at some point.

I have not used a belly band on Noah but I have made a dress with a pad inside for my friend whose dog has kidney problems. You cannot tell that there is a pad inside. It buckles around the neck and then velcors under the tummy with straps that go between the back legs and velcro. The pad goes in the middle. I bought one and then made a pattern and have made several more.

Freedom
06-04-2010, 07:53 PM
the site is http://poochiepants.com I think that you click on the incontinence dress and then there is a selection for casual or formal. You can also custom order a different size is needed. I think that I paid $35.00 for the dress. A little expensive, but worth it to get the dress and make a pattern. I would be happy to share the pattern with you but it might be hard to explain how to sew it together. If you are interested in the pattern, let me know and I could make one out of scrape material minus the velcro. Wish that I had pictures of the ones that I made. One was pink with little white bunnies, one with girl bugs on it and I put a big yellow bow on the back, one with flamingos and a big bright pink bow and I have one more piece of material that is pink with black polka dots. The hardest thing was finding the little buckles for the neck band and the little slide adjustable pieces.