PDA

View Full Version : The Kabana Kitties Go A-Hunting!

dehlers43
06-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Chelsea (and maybe Franklin) has managed to hunt down, maim and haul into my bedroom a gopher, a lizard and a big beetle....at least that's all I have found so far.....:rolleyes: And all of this hunting has occurred inside the Kitty Kabana! At least the lizard and the beetle were dead. Poor gopher was still alive when I put him outside but he he didn't survive.

Silly gophers - you would think they would know better than to pop out of their hole with two fierce predators looking on..... :D

And you should have seen Chelsea - she was soooo proud!

Barbara
06-04-2010, 02:19 PM
You see that wrongly: the kitties only tried to make friends. Unfortunately the gopher had a heart attack.

catmandu
06-04-2010, 03:03 PM
I find the odd Little Mouse in the Found Cat Hotel as well:(
I am sure sure if the poor Little Rodent was hunted or as Barbara suggests a victim of cardiac trouble.:eek:
Either way there's a New Mousie Angel headed to the cheese shops tonight:love:

Karen
06-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Poor Chelsea, and I bet you didn't even praise her hunting skills!

Poor gopher, not a smart move.

Pinot's Mom
06-04-2010, 04:49 PM
With Pinot, it's usually Chipmunks. We refer to it as "trying to invite them over for dinner".:rolleyes:

dehlers43
06-05-2010, 01:03 AM
The Princess received much praise and pets for her hunting prowess...:D
Really, I told her she was a great kitty and a wonderful hunter.....and I thanked her for not leaving the poor weak-hearted gopher in the middle of my bed....:rolleyes:

momcat
06-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Chelsea, you sure are quite the hunter! You obviously work very hard to guard your house and keep your family safe from intruders.

What a great story! It reminded me of the time Groucho caught a mouse and left it on Soncat's pillow. Soncat was quite surprised when he got in from work and found Groucho's "gift".

Randi
06-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Chelsea, you are quite the hunter, aren't you! :cool: Fister is envious - there are no gophers, lizards or beetles in his yard. Some summers they may be the odd snail, but they're too slow to be interesting. However, it may all change now, since they are starting the new sewerage project and the whole yard will be digged up as well and re-designed. Who knows how many mice/rats will appear. :eek: