PDA

View Full Version : Well, this is it! We leave in a few hours!; post #30

Medusa
06-03-2010, 07:23 AM
The Boy is coming home today and then we'll be leaving together for London and Paris! I'm beyond excited! Please spare a prayer occasionally for my Fur Posse. I have a good cat sitter but she can't spend the night as my last one would do. She'll come in twice a day and another friend will check in on them, too, but I still worry.

Randi
06-03-2010, 08:19 AM
How exiting, you finally get to take that trip - and with your son of all people! :D Don't forget your list of things to do and see. Have a wonderful time, and don't stress too much. ;)

Your kitties will be OK I'm sure! :)

Asiel
06-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Sounds absolutely marvellous. Have a great trip and enjoy the great company.

Freedom
06-03-2010, 08:54 AM
WOO HOO!!! You are going to have a wonderful trip!

And the fur posse WILL survive, and be that much more affectionate when you return. Oh wait, they are cats, they will snub you, he heee! Either way, your home coming will also be interesting!

Catty1
06-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Fantastic! You and The Boy on holiday together...makes for a good Reality Comedy Show. "Stuff My Son Says" "Stuff My Mom Says" lol

Will you have any time to meet any PTrs that are in London or Paris?

Have a great time. Your Posse is in pretty good shape right now - they will be ok. :love::)

Medusa
06-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Will you have any time to meet any PTrs that are in London or Paris?

I was hoping to but Clare has the entire trip planned for us. Guess I'll sleep when we get home. And believe me, I know that the boy will get lots of material for his act. Rather scary, actually. LOL

lvpets2002
06-03-2010, 09:15 AM
:) Yes how so exciting.. I cant beleive its that time already.. Yes I will bet you are for sure beside yourself now.. Now lets see how large is your suitcase?? I will see if I can sorta sneek in one of them.. :D For sure have a very safe & fun vacation.. I am sure your babies will do great.. Now how long will you be gone??

wombat2u2004
06-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Have a super time ;)

Medusa
06-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Now how long will you be gone??

Two glorious weeks.

Karen
06-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Have a wonderful time! Are you seeing any of the palaces or galleries or gardens in London?

Anikaca77
06-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Have a wonderful time and I hope to see some pictures!!! Safe Travels!

Melissa

Medusa
06-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Have a wonderful time! Are you seeing any of the palaces or galleries or gardens in London?

We'll see Buckingham Palace, Hampton Court and Hever Castle. We're also going to Stone Henge, the white cliffs of Dover and so many other places that I can't even recall at the moment. We'll see the Louvre in Paris aside from the usual tourist places in Paris. I'd love to visit Jim Morrison's grave but Clare said that it's a little out of the way from where we'll be, so it isn't imperative. Besides, I doubt my son would want to visit a grave during his first vacation in 13 years. LOL

krazyaboutkatz
06-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Have a great time,stay safe and take lots of pictures.:)

Queen of Poop
06-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Have a wonderful time, take loads of photos, and don't worry about the fur kids, they'll be ok. Will say a little prayer for them every day to keep them safe.

Marigold2
06-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Oh Mary how wonderful.............. You and your son will have a lifelong memory of joy, fun and wonder.
If you get a chance do visit Windsor and Westminster, Harrods for some shopping and maybe take in a show at the westend.
ENJOY, ENJOY ENJOY
Oh and enjoy the cheese, wine and especially the fresh bread in France. Once you have it the taste and smell of that incredible delicacy will never leave you.

phesina
06-03-2010, 01:32 PM
That's fantastic! Have a wonderful time, both of you!

Catty1
06-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Cemetiere Pere-Lachaise? Resting place of Morrison, Edith Piaf, Chopin and others.

I was in Paris as a teenager. I took the Metro to the cemetery on the last day of our class trip...and got there 1/2 hour after it closed! DANG!

In that year's yearbook, my caption read: "Reached Chopin's grave a half hour too late." ;)

Have a great time!:D

Prairie Purrs
06-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm sure you'll have an amazing time! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! :D

Kirsten
06-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Mary, have a safe trip, and a wonderful time in Europe!! :)

Kirsten

Medusa
06-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Oh Mary how wonderful.............. You and your son will have a lifelong memory of joy, fun and wonder.
If you get a chance do visit Windsor and Westminster, Harrods for some shopping and maybe take in a show at the westend.
ENJOY, ENJOY ENJOY
Oh and enjoy the cheese, wine and especially the fresh bread in France. Once you have it the taste and smell of that incredible delicacy will never leave you.

Wow, you read my mind, Monica! Those are all things that are on our list. And we're going to see Phantom of the Opera there, too. You and I could probably have a blast traveling together.

I'm off to go pick up The Boy at the airport.......:D

ramanth
06-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Have a wonderful trip!! :)

RICHARD
06-03-2010, 06:54 PM
You'll see Paris
You'll see France

and you'll see London....

That didn't rhyme!:mad:

Have fun.

Marigold2
06-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Oh Mary I went to see Phantom. I had dinner and the show it was very expensive I think $250.00 for the night but well worth it as I had front row seats. It was a package deal I bought at the hotel. Loved it loved it.
I also saw Hampton and cried tears............ I am a big history buff and being there I was so overcome. Part of the walk is made up of little stones around Hampton and as I closed my eyes I felt I was there in the time of Henry V111 and Anne Boleyn. I could hear the horses feet hitting the stones, looking out toward were Henry hunted. I was not able to go inside but hope that you are.
Hever is another dream of mine as it is Anne's childhood home. On my next trip I will hopefully go there.
Windsor is a day long trip as there are many shops and much history to see outside of the castle which will take your breath away. Do purchase the audio guide it gives a lot of detail and is easy to understand.
As for Harrods all five floors are fantastic. The food courts are beautiful, it's like being in an expensive hotel with the decor. Very expenise to shop there but well worth it. I bought myself a plastic tote bag which I love.
There was a red purse I wanted to get my daughter but it was $500.00 so I took a picture of it and said "look honey if I had the money I would have bought you this" we but laughed a lot at that.
Harrods has I think five resturants that are very very expensive. I left, walked across the street to a pub and had a burger and fries plus a yummy drink and it was truly grand, then I went back and shopped some more.
I think it took me about 4 to 5 hours to see the store and enjoy it.
I am so happy for you and your son. You so deserve a grand holiday and England and Paris well it does not get better then that.

chocolatepuppy
06-03-2010, 09:26 PM
I hope you have a wonderful trip Mary! I'll slip in a pray or two for your Fur Posse, but I'm sure they'll be fine.:)

Lilith Cherry
06-04-2010, 04:47 AM
I hope you and "the boy" have a wonderful time!

Killearn Kitties
06-04-2010, 04:53 AM
I hope you will be taking notes. We will want a full report when you get back! :D
Have a wonderful time.

Medusa
06-04-2010, 06:11 AM
I'm so excited! I've been saving for this trip for a year and a half. We won't get to do all the things I want to do b/c of time restraints but as long as we do the things on my A list, I'll be happy. Best of all, I'll be reunited w/a good friend that I met when I lived in Sedona. She was born and raised in Essex, England and she'll be our tour guide. I haven't seen her since '97 and my son has never met her. We're not going to go crazy w/the money; my son and I are sharing expenses but we're not going to pinch pennies either. I haven't had a vacation in 4 years and my son hasn't had one since he moved to L.A. in '97 so we're both due.

Pembroke_Corgi
06-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Sounds so fun!!! Enjoy your vacation! :)

carole
06-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Oh Mary i am so thrilled for you, i remember your post about the planned trip some time ago, and to think the time is now here, how exciting, have a great time and try not to worry too much about the kitty's, but i know you will, bless you and your son and the kitties.

Medusa
06-05-2010, 05:28 AM
It's finally here! I can hardly believe that I slept last night. I guess I was exhausted from not sleeping the last few nights due to excitement. The only part I don't like is leaving the Fur Posse. Boo is on my lap right now and he's the one I'm worried about the most b/c he's 18 1/2. I'm going to have to trust that all will be well. So, take care of yourselves and those fur babies and I'll "see" you when we get back. :love: :D

Taz_Zoee
06-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Have a wonderful time Mary!! And I'm sure the posse will be fine and so excited to see you when you get home. They will love to hear all about your trip (and so will we :p).

gini
06-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Oh we will be so anxious to see your pictures and hear all about your trip.

I know your babies will be just fine - even though they will have missed you.

Kirsten
06-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Have a great time - and don't forget to take pics!

I know how hard it is to leave the furkids behind, though...

Have a safe trip! :)

Kirsten

wombat2u2004
06-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Have a good time Mary.
And remember....the presents.....you have to bring us all back a present each :p