PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find a post about illegal withdrawals from checking accounts...

moosmom
06-02-2010, 12:20 PM
I vaguely remember someone posting about an organization who illegally withdrew funds without your knowledge or authorization. I have a friend who just noticed a $23.00 a month unauthorized withdrawal from her account for the past year!!! The first mistake she made is not checking her statement every month. The org or whoever that was making the withdrawals is MEGA. Anyone have any idea where I can find the post?? I don't think it's the same org but the same principle.

Marigold2
06-02-2010, 07:25 PM
I had this happen to me two years ago when I used a travel agent to go to England. This charge piggy backs onto your credit card. It 's for a discount service on things like travel, tires, hotels. It is a SCAM!!!!
Call the credit card company and explain that the charge was not ok'd by you. You will need to fill out a freud report and will be reinburst. If you try and call the company they will not give you their name or how they got your name or WHY they are scum, scum, scum. I got every penny back by calling Discover and filling out the freud report, best of luck.

moosmom
06-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Marigold,

It was on her checking account statement. I told her to go to the bank first thing tomorrow and report it. They will reimburse her and then go after these scammers. I know because it happened to me with aol. I got over $200 back and they went after aol for reimbursement.

Thanks for posting this. I knew it was some kind of scam. I tell ya, crooks these days are finding all SORTS of ways to rip off the public. Makes me sick.