PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find video posted here...

Catty1
06-01-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm sure it was in General. It took place in a high school - and it was about who felt "left out" or "different". Turned out everyone did, and there were wonderful scenes of reconciliation.

Anyone remember what it is? I would like to send it to a friend.

Thanks.

Whisk_Luva
06-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2AJ7Vcxk3w

Laura's Babies
06-01-2010, 10:32 PM
WOW! I am glad this was brought up again... That is SO POWERFUL! It is now on my FB wall!

moosmom
06-02-2010, 06:53 AM
So SOOOO powerful!!! Thank you for reposting this. It brings back so many memories for me while in elementary school. I was teased, beat up, called awful, hurtful names simply because I was the new kid on the block. That's one of the reasons I never hung out with anyone from MY high school. The cliques were terrible. As a matter of fact, I haven't gone to many of my reunions because those cliques, to this day, STILL exist.

EXAMPLE: A high school classmate of mine who I briefly worked with (he's a lawyer and I was a paralegal) walked into the last reunion. I walked up to him, put out my hand and greeted him. He simply walked right past me without even acknowledgingo b my existence. (he knew EXACTLY who I was). The reason? Because back when I worked with him, (you all KNOW my dry sense of humor) and realized that he and I were classmates, I blew up his and my yearbook picture and pinned it to his chair in his office. He was furious. Talk about not having a sense of humor. Oh yeah, he was one of those in the "cliques".

People CAN and do change. Another example is at the same reunion, a guy who taunted and teased me so badly, grabbed my hand and pulled me out on the dance floor. We boogied the night away.

Words can cut like a knife through a stick of soft butter. As my mother always taught me, "Be careful what you say and how you say it, because words can NEVER be taken back."

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful, TRUE video. It meant alot to me.