PDA

View Full Version : One adorable Sherpa pic

snakemama
05-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Sherpa isn't *technically* allowed in the bedroom (He likes to pee on our bed) but today I left the door open and wandered in to find a clean bed and Sherpa snoozing in Jasper's favorite spot. I went to snap a picture and he chose that moment for a big yawn. I like this picture. :)

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/002-3.jpg

See how shredded his collar is?! He removes it all the time, I put it back on, he removes, it, and so on. I'm hoping eventually he'll get used to it enough for me to actually put tags on it. -_- Right now, if I put his license on it he goes into full on panic mode and will freak out enough to give himself an asthma attack.

Laura's Babies
05-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Oh come on.... he isn't yawning.. he is screamig at you to get out of HIS room! LOL!

That is really a great picture of him. Funny too!

Taz_Zoee
05-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Wow, he looks so vicious!! LOL
Hey, get a Lupine brand collar. They are guaranteed for life. If he shreds it you take it back to a Lupine dealer and get a new one free. I'm not sure where they are sold, but we sell them at the shelter I volunteer with. But since you aren't here anymore....:p.
If you look online and see a pattern you like I can get it for you and ship it to you. I will get a discount on it at the shelter too. :)

cassiesmom
05-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Awww, Sherpa! I bet you had a nice nap in Jasper's bed! You sure are cute!

snakemama
05-31-2010, 01:09 PM
I'll have to look around here Cindy. He kills his collars so fast. He's had this one on for 72 hours now which I think is a record for him :)

Grace
05-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Does he go outdoors? Our indoor-only cats don't wear collars; but they do have chips. All our cats have chips.

snakemama
05-31-2010, 02:44 PM
He is indoor-only, but I would still prefer him to wear a collar. He is chipped also.

krazyaboutkatz
05-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Cute picture.:) My cats were also tearing up their collars very quickly especially Pearl. Now I only buy the leather/vinyl type and they've lasted so much longer than the fabric type. They're all indoor only and microchipped but I too feel better about them also wearing collars. Sky used to door dash and he's so friendly that he'd follow any one home.

My RB Sunny was so freaked out by his collar because of the tag that he made himself sick. I didn't make him wear a collar after this because it just wasn't worth it. Some places online have the tags attached to the collar so they don't dangle maybe he'd be more comfortable with one like that. Here's a link from Drs. Foster & Smith that shows what I'm talking about: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3577. Good luck.:)

catmandu
05-31-2010, 05:46 PM
I used to buy the Ova Collars , but they were too fragile and I got tired of getting replacements that My Cats would ruin in the twinkling of an eye!!!:eek:
Sherpa:cool: looks so funny there , and looks as though he is demanding Take Out NOW!!!!!:love::love::love: