PDA

View Full Version : JUst lost a few years off of my life.

blue
05-30-2010, 02:38 AM
I dont have a fenced yard so I use an overhead cable run for my dogs. I only hav e the one overhead cable so I use a coupler to put the dogs out.

I went out to bring the dogs in and they werent there, the end of the cable has a standard clasp and a screw D ring. The only thing I can think of is somebody unscrewwed the Dring and let my dogs off the cable. I just got back from driving around looking for my dogs and they where on the road in front of my house. I have no idea how they got off of the cable they where still on there coupler Im still amped but Im happier then a pig in muck that my dogs are safe and home.

Holy Carp I was freaking out, but my dogs are safe and home.

pomtzu
05-30-2010, 06:19 AM
That's scary blue. Why would someone be so mean as to mess with them like that? Are there any kids around there old enough to think they would pull a prank and turn them loose.?

Anyway - glad to hear that they are back home, safe an sound. :)

chocolatepuppy
05-30-2010, 06:43 AM
Thank goodness they're safe at home! I hope you can figure out what happened or who did that. Would your dogs just let someone walk up without barking their heads off? I know mine won't.

moosmom
05-30-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm glad your pups are safe at home. I don't like tethering, be it dog or cat. Why? It puts them at a very bad disadvantage, should another animal enter your yard and start a fight. I also don't like those invisible fences for that same reason. It prevents your pets from leaving your yard, but does nothing to protect them getting hurt by other animals.

Queen of Poop
05-30-2010, 07:12 AM
So very glad everyone is home and safe. You've probably got a few more grey hairs now.

snakemama
05-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Whew! Glad everyone is returned safely!! Glad you survived the heart attack too. :)

K9karen
05-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Been there. Glad all the 4 leggers and the 2 legger are OK. I spot a grey hair or 2, Blue....:p

Karen
05-30-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm glad your pups are safe at home. I don't like tethering, be it dog or cat. Why? It puts them at a very bad disadvantage, should another animal enter your yard and start a fight. I also don't like those invisible fences for that same reason. It prevents your pets from leaving your yard, but does nothing to protect them getting hurt by other animals.

Donna, Invisible Fence does not prevent your animal from leaving the yard if there is an emergency. It gives the dog a mild shock, that's all.

And my family often had the dogs outside on a tether or chain of some sort. Never when we were not home, and never longer than they wanted to be, and there was always shelter or shade available. If any intruder of any sort came by, even the quietest of dogs would bark to let you know something was up, so why object to that?

kokopup
05-30-2010, 11:35 PM
I am so glad your pups are ok. I know that would have scared the Pee Turkey out of me. I had a scare once with Koko and I know that sick feeling all to well.

blue
05-30-2010, 11:44 PM
It really was scary feeling. I hate to think of who would let them off of the cable just to run around. But then again having them running around is better then them being stolen.

Freedom
05-31-2010, 07:42 AM
Oh goodness, I think for most of us here on PT, this is every dog owner's nightmare! Go to get the dogs in and . . . they aren't there! Prayers of thanks that you found them quickly and they were safe.

Hugs to you, takes a bit to recover from a shock like that. WOW!

Husky_mom
05-31-2010, 07:52 AM
But then again having them running around is better then them being stolen.

you bet! :(.. glad you found them and they are ok

Pinot's Mom
05-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Aw-Blue, just got home from the weekend and saw this! I'm so sorry it happened but glad it had a happy ending!

Could there be any possibility it came off on it's own?

amberlynn
06-03-2010, 08:55 PM
i am so sorry to hear that about your dogs and i am super glad that they came home safe....i to had a scare like that except my stormy was poisoned by a neighbor and i have the vet records to show that it was but i didnt want to cause any more problems with that issue and it was all because she was a "pit bull" but i hope that you figure out what happened or the next time that they go and try that stunt again that you catch them but again i am so happy that they made it home safe and sound