PDA

View Full Version : New treat: HUGE hit!

Freedom
05-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Last time I went to the food warehouse for pet stuff, I picked up a new treat. Made by Solid Gold, it is "green beef tripe." I got it for the dogs, opened it this morning and the dogs were thrilled.

Was reading the front package and it says "A treat for dogs and cats" OK so let me try some with the cats.

WOW they all went crazy for it! And this was half an hour AFTER I had filled the food bowls, so it wasn't like they had been "starving all night, mom!" he heee.

Guess I'll have to add this to the regular list from now on. It isn't cheap, and they won't get it daily, but a nice treat now and then.

http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/products/?product=80&code=321

Randi
05-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Great they are all thrilled with it! :D I think I've seen little cans of catfood with "Solid Gold" on them, but I don't think I've ever bought it. I'll certainly look for it now! :)

catmandu
05-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Thats a bit much for us it would come to over 18 dollars a pound with the 13 % Tax.:eek::eek:

lvpets2002
05-28-2010, 09:38 AM
:) WoW that is great news.. Now is it really green?? Guess treats are going green now..

Catty1
05-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Gary, it must be imported...it is more than that per pound in a store in St. Jacob's.

Maybe call to your local pet stores and see if they carry it. Obviously, just to be used as a treat!!

Solid Gold Multi-Min
Solid GoldŽ Multi-Vitamin/Mineral Supplement for Dogs & Cats is a complete and balanced natural vitamin and mineral supplement. This all-natural formula has no artificial preservatives and is in an easy to administer powder form that can be mixed directly with your pet's food. Can be used alternately with Solid Gold Seameal, as well.

8oz - $17.99
1 lb - $29.99

Freedom
05-28-2010, 02:47 PM
:) WoW that is great news.. Now is it really green?? Guess treats are going green now..

Yup, it is green/yellow looking. It is dried tripe, looks like honeycomb. BTW, I do NOT eat tripe, although it is an Italian delicacy. I see it in the grocery store in the meat section.

RICHARD
05-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Guess I'll have to add this to the regular list from now on. It isn't cheap, and they won't get it daily, but a nice treat now and then.

http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/products/?product=80&code=321

Just wait.....
When they figure out where you hide them, you are screwed!:D:o;)

Laura's Babies
05-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Just wait.....
When they figure out where you hide them, you are screwed!

I also see them following her in the kitchen every time she heads in that direction with that "OK! WHERE'S OUR TREAT?" look every single time...

Freedom
05-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Got up this morning (they got the treat in the AM yesterday) and there was a HERD standing around that closet door! :p

Laura's Babies
05-29-2010, 10:47 AM
I pictured that happening when you said how much they loved it... I got an immediate visual on that exact scene... also anytime you go in that general direction. They are good little beggers and know how to play us hoomans! If begging don't work, then comes the charm or pitiful looks. I hope you are ready..

My girls know they don't get treats until it is dark and I can walk in that kitchen 1000 times during the day and nobody notices. Let it get dark and the minute I stand up (in the living room) they all run to the kitchen EVERY time..

krazyaboutkatz
05-29-2010, 02:06 PM
I wonder if my cats would like this. I was reading more about Tripe and it said that it aids in digestion which certainly would help my old boy Storm. I'll have to look for this the next time I'm in one of the small independent pet stores. Right now I only give them Catswell Vitakitty Chicken Breast,http://www.lizzyshealthypetfood.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=250, but my boys tend to like it better than my girls.

Freedom
05-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Last time I checked (been a few months) Dogswell and Catswell was made in China; packaged here. I just don't feel comfortable giving mine anything made in China.

Oh, here is more info as to just what IS tripe, and green tripe?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripe

Kater
05-30-2010, 04:03 PM
They also have a canned version that might be a bit easier to split up into small treat portions (not sure how tough it is when dehydrated). That runs about $2-3 a can in most US locations.

Glad the kitties got in on the action, too! Mmmmm ruminant stomach!

Freedom
05-31-2010, 07:51 AM
Kater, the one I am buying is sold as a treat, so the stuff is already in small almost bite sized pieces; at least, bit sized for my dogs. The cats had to crunch it up and make a huge mess. They "HAD" too, he hee.