PDA

View Full Version : Bugs in Chewy's dog food, I need names of new food...

Aspen and Misty
10-20-2002, 03:02 PM
Hey Guys! We always buy Chewy Purina One puppy formula but a copuple of days ago when we bought it we opened it up and there were alot of worms and otehr types of bugs in side of it. ::cringes::. What kind of food do you feed your dog? Or what kind of food is a really good puppy food? We are going tomrrow to get some new stuff but I may not keep him on the kind we buy tomrrow. So.. I am going to take a poll and see what kind of food ya'll buy your dogs.I'm not goign to make a poll up there because there are more then 10 brands of food so it would just help me out alot if you could please put your dog food brand, or the brand you reconmend below.

Thanx,
Ashley

wolf_Q
10-20-2002, 03:08 PM
I feed Nebo Nutro large breed puppy. You can buy regular Nutro Natural Choice puppy food too. It's great stuff....Nebo loves it. And he hasn't had any of the "issues" with soft poo since I changed it. lol. His coat is really shiney too.

RockyRoad
10-20-2002, 03:28 PM
Pdigree dog food. It comes in good-size bags and is built for all dogs. Or you could try Pedigree Little Champions if he is that small of a puppy that he has to have the chewy kind of food and not the hard food.

aly
10-20-2002, 03:30 PM
I agree on NUTRO being a great brand.

KYS
10-20-2002, 03:38 PM
I use Canidae, for the large dogs and Purina One for Pepper.
Nutro is a very good food too.
Ashley, their might have been a little
opening in the bag you bought, and possibly some moisture got in and bugs laid eggs etc. If the bag was not stored or
properly handled after it left the manufacturer.
I would not give up on Purina One if you like it,
but I would complain to the store where you bought it from.

(I always check experations dates and make sure the bag
is perfectly sealed before I purchase the dog food
bag from the Pet store)

Just takes a tiny hole for bugs to get in.
I would have been grossed out if I saw that.
I once bought wild bird feed and I stored the left
over feed in a non air tight container.
I ended up with little moths flying all over the house. : (
I now store all my pets food in air tight containers.

Tucker216
10-20-2002, 03:45 PM
I use the same as you Purina One ( for large breed puppies) and I also had the same problem happen to me one time so I called them and they said that the worms would not hurt him but the lil worms can come from the warehouse where the stores keep it stocked. ( Mine came from Wal Mart) I wasnt about to feed him that food so I dumped out out and Purina sent me coupons for 2 free 20lb bags and a bunch of 2.00 off coupons. I only ran into this problem 1 time and I still feed him Purina One. He loves it and is a healthy and growing boy!
The Number to call is on the bag and If you call them make sure you have the infested bag there as they will need some numbers off of it!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p5d6dfa2d4b4e7b3c010dadff0be55d7b/fd25d48c.jpg

Aspen and Misty
10-20-2002, 05:09 PM
Well we dumped it into a bag and there was all this net matterial, worms, moths (which I think is our fault :rolleyes: ) but I don't trust them. Expecialy if you have rnu into that problem. I am still waiting to see what more people say. I wanna make sure he has some good food, nothing that will harm him.

Ash

PS: Please keep the names comeing, I mean you can take 2 seconds adn type the name of your dog food can't ya?

mugsy
10-20-2002, 06:07 PM
We use Exclusive and LOVE it. When we got Ryu he was limping around and having trouble with the back legs and he's already walking better and no longer limping. Great stuff.

Crikit
10-20-2002, 06:40 PM
I use Eukanuaba and Iams for the dogs Eukanuba for Smudge Iams for Winter. Winter has to have Iams because the Eukanuaba was trashing her coat. I've heard good things about Nutro though I think I have some friends that feed it to their dogs actually.

Cookiebaker
10-20-2002, 07:21 PM
We use Purina One also & love it. I know a lot of people aren't crazy about it, but it works for us.

sammi
10-20-2002, 10:01 PM
Just started using Nutro Max. Bugs, worms ect. can happen even with the best brands of dog food or people food. Take it back to the store or call the toll free # for a refund.

trisha0503
10-20-2002, 11:09 PM
I am also using Nutro for Missy, and it's really good! :)

delidog
10-20-2002, 11:40 PM
I use Purina One (diet for deli....Large Puppy for Joey)
like some others said....it is not the manufactureers' fault...just the way it is handled....
check dates on bag....and get yourself an airtight container...(i have one that holds 30 lbs. from petsmart...19.95) and its' on wheels!!!

Glacier
10-20-2002, 11:48 PM
We feed raw now, but when we fed kibble we used Nutro Natural Chicken and Rice. Sleet's allergic to anything with Lamb in it. When Earle was a pup, he got Eukanuba large breed and did very well on it. The shelter we foster for gives us Hy-Ration. We don't feed very much of it, but the dogs love it. Our guys think kibble is a treat, not dinner!

anna_66
10-21-2002, 07:38 AM
We feed Eukanuba Senior to Angus & the girls get Eukanuba Matinence

Stenograsaurus
10-21-2002, 11:55 AM
We love Nutro at my house!!!

kingrattus
10-21-2002, 01:17 PM
"Nutro - Natural Choice - Senior" Well I'm sure u could buy the puppy one... We had Max on puppy food for 6 months & then put him on Adult dog food. Max loves his food & hes been eating this brand for almost 9 years & when we had him on other dog food he was getting sick, barfing, pooping all over the floor & turned mean.

Shortly after we strictly put him on "Nutro - Natural Choice" He got better.

It has never made him sick.

We feed him 3 cups once a day & hes very healthy. The vet couldn't believe Max was 9 yrs old, he said Max look 5 & without the white hair he could pass as 3ys. The vet said his muscles r stronger then they should be at his age & his leg muscles stickout of his legs. He said Max is at a perfect weight (70-75 pounds). His teeth are nice & white. The vet even asked what in the world r we feeding him. & we told him that Max has been on "Nutro - Natural Choice - Senior" since he was 5 yrs old.

The food costs alot but its worth every penny. the 50pound bag of food costs me $45.00 canadian.

My dad said he would never ever let his dog eat Purina Dog food, he said he would rather starve himself then poison the dog. Before Purina change its dog food about 1 or 2 yrs ago, it was 100% crappy food & was all trash.

"Nutro - Natural Choice" has pure meat & good stuff for dogs none of that crappy meat meal stuff or byproducts.

My dad always says the darn dog eats better food then he does.. hehe & I always respond "why don't u eat his dog food then!" heheh

"Nutro - Natural Choice" is the way to go for a super healthy dog

Aspen and Misty
10-21-2002, 05:42 PM
This time I bought a bin of dog food (8lbs) which wrapped in plastic from my pet store. I always check it over. It seems air tight (can't be 100% sure). I dunno, I've givin up on that food, I think I'm ging to use Nutro (sp).

Ashley

PS: THank you Everyone for typeing your dogs food in here :D it was a great help!