PDA

View Full Version : A 'tip' about cat care?

RICHARD
05-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Can I give you a 'tip'?

I do some routine cat maintenance on my little frens.

I pull up a chair with my supplies, hydrogen peroxide, Q-tips, powder and nail clippers..

Quit laughing!

...and do the little things for them.

I try to clean ears, trim nails, scritch, console and just have a little Cat Time.

I am their personal attendant.
-------

I am easily distracted too!:confused:

I left a package of 350 Q-tips on the chair outdoors. The next day?

I lost about 25 to someone who flipped the cardboard flap open and decided to have a little party with them.

What is it about cats, Q-Tips and straws?:confused:;)

Cinder & Smoke
05-25-2010, 10:47 PM
You ONLY lost 25??

Early in his career, Boots, da Kat :love:, knocked the plastic Q-Tip dispenser off
the bathroom vanity at OH:dark:Thirty one night ...

By morning the dispenser was in the hallway, devoid of ANY of its 100 or so Tips ...

I found Q-Tips for MONTHS, scattered from one end of the Ranch to the other!
:rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
05-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Right... ONLY 25?! They must bore easily. I gotta tell ya Richard, I am IMPRESSED with the fact that you do "kitty Maintenance"...

RICHARD
05-25-2010, 11:15 PM
I like to think my little frens are reserved.:eek::)

They will not take advantage of me because I pamper them.

If I ignored them and didn't provide a service?

I'd have 325 MORE Q-Tips to wrangle.

--------------

I like to think I am nice, not lucky?:eek::confused::rolleyes::)

LB, If you are ever in CA, stop by.

I'll clean your ears, clip your nails and give you a brushing.

You'll get your chicken dinner on a table, in a plate.:D

Not shredded, in an aluminum bowl on the porch?:eek:

Medusa
05-26-2010, 06:42 AM
Wow, had I known I'd get brushed, I would've made a call on you, Richard, when I last visited my son! ;) I'll clean my own ears though, thank you very much and I wouldn't clip my nails b/c my nail tech would kill me. How nice that you can do all that for your little frens. My Fur Posse will barely let me do that to them. The only time I've ever been able to trim all of Yodie's claws is when she was wearing her collar after surgery. I manage two or three claws and then things turn nasty! You deserve an "atta boy!", Richard. :D

moosmom
05-26-2010, 08:17 AM
I can't leave a drink around that has a straw in it. Shortie LOVES Q-Tips. I can't leave them around or else, like your cats, she has a party with them!!!

GILL
05-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Agreed, Q-tips must be locked up along with the straws.

We have tried clipping then went to the grinder for nails. If ANY of the utensils, including the grooming clipper or scissors, come out cats disappear, FAST.

moosmom
05-26-2010, 09:46 AM
If ANY of the utensils, including the grooming clipper or scissors, come out cats disappear, FAST.

Boy ain't THAT the truth!!!

Freedom
05-26-2010, 01:51 PM
I agree, i fyou only lost 25 Q tips, they were taking pity on you! Next time, be forewarned, it may get ugly! :D

catmandu
05-26-2010, 05:39 PM
You are truly a kind hearted Man:love: Richard to fuss over your Little Strays:love: We are betting that you are going to buffets and sneaking home food in plastic bags soon.:love:

RICHARD
05-26-2010, 05:45 PM
We are betting that you are going to buffets and sneaking home food in plastic bags soon.:love:

Gary,

I do not trust anyone to cook for them...I do the cooking!;)

Just don't tell anyone, I like being thought of as a 'tough guy'!;)

Donnaj4962
05-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Richard.... your secret is safe with us! (and the rest of the internet!):eek::D

My Sashie LOVES Q-Tips also. She digs them out of the bathroom trash can and plays with them! :rolleyes:

Catlady711
05-29-2010, 05:29 PM
I lost about 25 to someone who flipped the cardboard flap open and decided to have a little party with them.

What is it about cats, Q-Tips and straws?:confused:;)

Bear is so addicted to Q-tips that we had to buy a different wastebasket for the bathroom, a metal one with a lid and heavy foot lever. However seeing as Bear weighs 17 lbs he discovered he could sit on the peddle and stick his head right in to fish out the Q-tips, then he'd eat the cotton off them!!:eek: Now we've had to resort to only throwing Q-tips in the large lidded can in the kitchen that he can't open.

Once I was using Q-tips and alcohol to clean the rollers on my printer. Like an idiot I forgot and left the used Q-tips out! Bear got into them and chewed the heck out of the shanks, but fortunately the alcohol (or the ink) on the cotton must have tasted bad because all the cotton was there. Whew!

Pooky (Bear's brother) is murder on straws. We can't leave any out without being right there or he'll knock over your drink and run off with them to chew them up and whack them under the furniture!

happylabs
05-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Bear is so addicted to Q-tips that we had to buy a different wastebasket for the bathroom, a metal one with a lid and heavy foot lever. However seeing as Bear weighs 17 lbs he discovered he could sit on the peddle and stick his head right in to fish out the Q-tips, then he'd eat the cotton off them!!:eek: Now we've had to resort to only throwing Q-tips in the large lidded can in the kitchen that he can't open.

Once I was using Q-tips and alcohol to clean the rollers on my printer. Like an idiot I forgot and left the used Q-tips out! Bear got into them and chewed the heck out of the shanks, but fortunately the alcohol (or the ink) on the cotton must have tasted bad because all the cotton was there. Whew!

Pooky (Bear's brother) is murder on straws. We can't leave any out without being right there or he'll knock over your drink and run off with them to chew them up and whack them under the furniture!

Bear is a smart cat! I cannot believe he figured out how to get the q-tips out of the metal can with a lid. I am impressed. I wonder why he eats the cotton part? My cats just love to bat the q-tips around on the floor. If they find one it's a hoot.

krazyaboutkatz
05-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Pearl loves straws so if I left any out she'd find them and attack.:) She now has her own personal straws to play with. So far I haven't noticed any one interested in q-tips.

RICHARD
05-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Pearl loves straws so if I left any out she'd find them and attack.:) She now has her own personal straws to play with. So far I haven't noticed any one interested in q-tips.

Count yer blessin's!:D

pomtzu
05-30-2010, 05:22 PM
One of my son's RB cats had a straw fettish. You couldn't leave a drink with a straw in it anywhere, because the straw was then his.
His 2 present cat's like hair schrunchies or pony tail rubber bands, and if any are left around, they end up in their water bowl. They also found a bag full of crocheted granny squares that I made, but never got the afghan put together. They have a grand told time with them, and I find them scattered all over the house. :)