PDA

View Full Version : My oldest son

Marigold2
05-24-2010, 08:52 PM
My oldest son whom I affectingly refer to as Slacker has been in the Navy since he was 19, he is 32 now.
Slacker was always an incredibly hard worker, a really nice kid who doesn’t smoke, I have never seen him drink and has never been in trouble.
Slacker earned his name in many, many ways. Holding down three jobs and making the dean’s list in college was one.
I spoke to him yesterday and he was informed that he would be sent to the Middle East <ST1:p</ST1:pfor a third tour of duty. Yesterday did not know where he was going, today his orders came in. He will go to <ST1:pthen to Mississippi</ST1:p for more training and then to Kuwait</ST1:p for 350 days starting in Oct. Kuwait<ST1:p</ST1:p is not the best place to be shipped to and not the worst.
I miss him already. Luckily I am flying to CT this weekend to see my niece and Slacker will drive to her house and the three of us will have a good time together.
I plan on beating Slacker in Risk, Slacker never loses. He and the Dr (my niece) have played about 85 games and the Dr has NEVER won. She gets so mad and starts swearing which is so funny because she is this teeny tiny little thing and Slacker is a big guy, Navy Dude and all.
The two were room mates at <ST1:p<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:pfor 18 months so they have a unique relationship as adult cousins which is so awesome since they did not see much of each other growing up and there is an 8 year age difference.
I am going to make the best of this. That is what Slacker does with every situation. He is my hero and I wish him safety, adventure and fun as he defends us once again.

carole
05-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Wow he sounds an awesome guy, a son you are sure to be very proud of, i wish him all the best, and hope he will be safe,must be a very scarey time for you his mother,you are both in my thoughts.

K9karen
05-24-2010, 10:54 PM
:love::love: I'm in love :love::love:

Be safe Sir Slacker.

Medusa
05-25-2010, 07:01 AM
Many prayers going up for Slacker to keep him safe and prayers for you as well, Monica. Keep the faythe.

Bonny
05-25-2010, 07:35 AM
I get to see a nephew this weekend that is the same age as Slacker & entered the Army when he was 18. He was over in Iraq for a year & is now back in Kentucky training guys to go over to the Middle East. My sister in law & family sent all kinds of stuff over for the men & women in the military along with stuff for the locals. It helped ease her concerns she was so busy getting things boxed & sent over. :) We appreciate all that your son & the other young & (old) men & women are doing. :love: them all. :)

smokey the elder
05-25-2010, 08:02 AM
13 years in the Navy? He must be quite high ranked now. Sounds like he's career Navy. Thanks to him for his service, and prayers that he will be safe.

wombat2u2004
05-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Good gear.
Hope he stays safe over there.

Freedom
05-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Fair winds and following seas, Slacker!

cassiesmom
05-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Slacker and mom, you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

pomtzu
05-26-2010, 07:27 AM
May God watch over him and keep him safe, as he unselfishly gives his all to keep us safe.