PDA

View Full Version : How do you spoil a cat?

RICHARD
05-24-2010, 06:13 PM
You really cannot, you just have to play by their rules.

I have taken to lighting candles in the hearth - I had some laying around and I like the smell. I also bought a new fireplace screen that is more decorative than safe...so I use that to keep the cat away from the fire and switch it out when I build a real fire.

It's nice and it makes the house seem a little warmer.

--------------------

It's been cool the last couple of night, so I put a bunch of candles in the fireplace and fired them up.

About 15 minutes later I looked for the cat and there he was. He had backed his rear up to the screen - I guess the was looking for the residual heat.:eek::) I felt bad for him so a while later I scrounged up some wood and had a little fire going for him.

IT worked out very well until I thought about how far I go to take care of the Edster and his each and every whim.

Spoiled?

No, just well taken care of.

It's my job.

aTailOf2Kitties
05-24-2010, 06:38 PM
maybe he just used his litterbox..... and since he can't light a match.....;)

RICHARD
05-24-2010, 06:43 PM
maybe he just used his litterbox..... and since he can't light a match.....;)

LOL, that's the job for the incense.;):D

GILL
05-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Is there any other way, I have to go to sleep on my left side with my left arm between the pillows, so that Mits can snuggle in my arm pit and side with his head on my elbow. now Dobe wants to snuggle in the same spot. My legs have to be slitly curled so the Lucky or Boo Boo can heve room to sleep at the foot of the bed. This also gives Bart and Penny a place to snuggle on my side ways lap with Oliva or Princess behind my rear. This also put my wife on one edge of the bed and me on the other. If it's cool we could have 10-12 on the bed, so we wake up with back achs from being bend like pretzels.
If I watch TV I have to almost lay down in my chair so that Demitri, Precious or Egypt can lay on my chest and shoulder. At the same time I have to site squeezed to one side of the chair so that Bart or Mits can sit along side me. Then Lucky will be on one arm of the chair some times with Bailey and Mits, Egypt, Boo Boo, and or Princess will be on the other. My wife goes through almost the same thing with Bailey, Peak, Chessie, Roz, Boo Boo, Olivia anD some times Bart. If we sit for afew minuits the faces may chang but we still end up sqeezed in the chair to make room for the CREW.
The only ones that don't sit with us are Boots, Sweety, Olive, and Lenny.
The new trick is Demetri has to have his daddy love, If he does not get it in the chair he now comes to the side of the bed and climbs up on top of me so that I can rub and scratch. He will then go to one of the cat beds to sleep. IT ONLY TAKES ABOUT AN HOUR TO GIVE EVERYONE THIER LOVING SO THAT WE CAN SLEEP.
NO THIER NOT SPOILED. WE JUST END UP STIFF WITH A LACK OF SLEEP.
Well Summer is coming I have to put the air conditioners in for the kids. Here we go agian.

catmandu
05-25-2010, 09:24 AM
:love::love:
How can we spoil someone who loves us :cool:, and unlike most people wants nothing in return but food and shelter, and a chance to love us in return.:love:
Our Cats are Treasures:):) , and deserve Our Pampering:love::love:

happylabs
05-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Awww...Ed's not spoiled, just loved.

:love::love:
How can we spoil someone who loves us :cool:, and unlike most people wants nothing in return but food and shelter, and a chance to love us in return.:love:
Our Cats are Treasures:):) , and deserve Our Pampering:love::love:

I agree 110%!

snakemama
05-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Hehe, I'm home sick today but I'll be leaving in a bit to walk to the store for Charlie-Bear's special food. Never mind this cold, Charlie-Bear can't eat just plain kibble! (She is on prescription food, we have dry and wet...Sherpa will eat the dry, but Charlie turns her perfect pink nose up at it!)

Catty1
05-25-2010, 11:07 AM
My two must be weird, then.

They were both enjoying the Origen dry, with 1/8 of a can Medi-Cal (formerly Royal Canin) topping their dry in the morning.

I switched to the Innova Weight Management - and they love it! I was mixing the two dry foods for a while...and they would pick through the food and eat only the diet stuff!

I have other brands in mind now that Innova has been purchased by Proctor and Gamble - the one store I went to is not even ordering it again.

Spoiled on stuff that's good for them....go figure!:D:love:

lvpets2002
05-25-2010, 11:44 AM
:love: The Ed is Spoiled & Well Loved.. ;)

katladyd
05-25-2010, 12:46 PM
How do you NOT spoil someone who loves you with all their heart?:love:

happylabs
05-25-2010, 02:13 PM
:love: The Ed is Spoiled & Well Loved.. ;)

Good point!

GILL
05-25-2010, 04:05 PM
It's the only way to be.

orangemm
05-25-2010, 04:34 PM
The things we do for love...............:love::love:

At least a cat appreciates being spoiled, unlike humans who just take advantage.:rolleyes:

You go, Ed!:love: