PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Clean Litterbox... silly kitties

Abby&Buddy'sMom
05-24-2010, 05:56 PM
This might be just a silly question, but here goes. Whose kitties get so very excited when their litterbox is all washed out and sanitized and fresh new litter is put in it. My two both love it when mama (me;) ) does the box cleaning routine. oh we call it " fresh boxey day" , :D . Today was their " fresh boxey day" :)

aTailOf2Kitties
05-24-2010, 06:37 PM
mine get in line when I just do the daily scooping. It's like "hey, somebody finally flushed the potty":D

Nomilynn
05-24-2010, 08:51 PM
The last time I dumped out the litter and did the deep clean was so funny. I was just finishing up and packing away the vacuum. Of course Tilly came right over and squatted to make her mark in one of the fresh boxes. Then Nutmeg came over, climbed into the SAME box as Tilly and squatted right next to her and peed right in the same spot! I have two very large boxes, but oh no - had to go in the same box as her sister. Thankfully no one was peed ON and it all ended up in the litterbox. Such silly kitties!

Laura's Babies
05-24-2010, 10:13 PM
I think when they hear the litter (in being scooped or poured) it activates something and makes them need to "go"... Mine also line up if I am just scooping, they can't wait to "make a deposit"... :rolleyes:

snakemama
05-24-2010, 11:42 PM
I like to joke that mine can't stand a perfectly clean litterbox. I'll clean it, someone pees in it. I scoop it, and immediately one of the kitties jumps back in. It doesn't matter if I clean one box only or all of them, they all have to have at least one little spot in them. Silly felines.

Medusa
05-25-2010, 06:57 AM
I like to joke that mine can't stand a perfectly clean litterbox. I'll clean it, someone pees in it. I scoop it, and immediately one of the kitties jumps back in. It doesn't matter if I clean one box only or all of them, they all have to have at least one little spot in them. Silly felines.

Yep! My Creamsicle loves to do that! :p

Freedom
05-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Sometimes I will have one get in the clean box and just ROLL!

But mostly, they all want to christen the new litter.

Sonia59
05-25-2010, 12:11 PM

Same here! And the most amazing is that it always seems to be urgent :D Silly kitties, I agree ;)

lvpets2002
05-25-2010, 03:47 PM
:) Thats what a couple of my babies do.. They get in & roll.. Oh yes mine will be waiting while I clean boxs & then here we go.. Not 5 min later all poopyy boxs again..
Sometimes I will have one get in the clean box and just ROLL!

orangemm
05-25-2010, 04:36 PM
I used to have a cat who must have "saved up" her business on box-cleaning day. As soon as I washed, dried and refilled the box, she would immediately jump in and take a big poop. EVERY single time!:rolleyes::confused:

cassiesmom
05-25-2010, 04:44 PM
I think when they hear the litter (in being scooped or poured) it activates something and makes them need to "go"... Mine also line up if I am just scooping, they can't wait to "make a deposit"... :rolleyes:

That's my house, too! We have a rule: a fresh litter pan does not stay unused for longer than five minutes. I'm with Freedom ... the litter seems to need "christening".