PDA

View Full Version : Sassys story...

chocolatepuppy
05-24-2010, 12:10 PM
She found me, one evening, as I was coming home from a walk. But I don't want a cat! Ok, I'll give you some balogna and some milk and you have to leave. I don't want a cat! Ok, so you can sleep in a box on my porch for tonight. But now I can't go to sleep worrying you might be in the road. Ok, so you can stay in the basement, one night and then out you go. I don't want a cat! In the morning, I didn't want to check on you. As I ate my breakfast, a tiny paw was moving under the basement door. But I don't want a cat! Ok, so you can stay in the garage while I work today and I will find you a home.
That evening, I walked you door to door to find your owner. Each neighbor said you didn't belong to them and when I asked if they wanted you, the doors closed in my face. I must find you a home! I don't want a cat! Surely my big dog will kill you and you will eat my guinea pig!

Well, turned out that big dog loved you and you were best of friends and you even loved the guinea pig. I even got you a friend, another cat. Over 10 years later, you where still here. But I didn't want a cat!
So now, cancer takes you away from me, much too young. Cats can live so much longer. You truly lived up to your name. You were the wildest kitten ever! It was easy to see you adored me, maybe because I took you off the street, even when I didn't want a cat...

Sassy was PTS this morning. I don't know what I'll do without her.:( She was one cool cat.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=2432
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=339
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=2474
I will always love you Sassy.:love: I will miss you. :( 8/5/99-5/24/10

Pinot's Mom
05-24-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm so very sorry you had to part with Sassy.:( She was a beautiful and much loved kitty who will be terribly missed. You did everything you could for her, up to the final humane act. Peace.

Play well at the Bridge, sweet Sassy; come visit every once in a while and let your family know you're doing well and will see them again.:love:

Catty1
05-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Beautiful cat - her face is so wonderful. :love:

You lost her too young - but had her much longer than if one of those people you went to had taken her. You would always have wondered...

Play happy at the Bridge, Sassy - and please purr in your mom's ear tonight to let her know you are ok.:love::love::love:

pomtzu
05-24-2010, 01:21 PM
RIP Sassy. :love: You certainly were loved. :):love:

Even tho this is a sad time, I sit here smiling (thru some tears), at the way you presented her story. I can almost picture her determination in those early days. as she wiggled her way into your home and your heart.

Thank you for giving her a wonderful life that she probably never would have known without you. Peace and comfort to you.

phesina
05-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Oh, God bless you and be with you. I am so sorry to learn of Sassy's passing over to the Rainbow Bridge so early in her life. She knows just how much you really love her and how deeply she has wormed her way into your heart.

She is with you always, your love is eternal, and you will have a joyful reunion, One Fine Day..

Rest in peace, beautiful, beloved Sassy. Your Meowmie misses and grieves for you so much.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~ from Pat and cats

luvofallhorses
05-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Oh no! :( Annette I can't express to you how so very sorry I am. :( She was so lucky to have you in her life as you were to have her. (((HUGS))) You will be in my thoughts and prayers. :love:

Beyond The Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

Cataholic
05-24-2010, 02:28 PM
I am so sorry to read about Sassy. She wormed her way into your heart, where she will stay forever and ever.

Freedom
05-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Oh my what a lovely story, I don't think I ever knew how Sassy came to be with you. I am very sorry for your loss, it is so hard to part with our furiends. RIP Sassy, you were one in a million!

Taz_Zoee
05-24-2010, 03:22 PM
I am also smiling through tears. She was a beautiful kitty, and I'm sure will be deeply missed by the entire household.

RIP Sassy

Medusa
05-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Well, Sassy taught you, didn't she? She taught you that cats choose us and not the other way around. I didn't want any more cats either but somehow I wound up w/8. I'm sorry that you had to part w/Sassy; she was such a sweet looking gal. Your heart will hurt for a while but you'll be together again one day. Until that time, RIP, sweet Sassy and peace to your human. :love:

catmandu
05-24-2010, 05:15 PM
What a beautiful and touching story about you and Sassy.
The little Kitten who came in froim the cold and made herself a beloved Cat Comapnion, making friends with her Canine Companion and winning her Meeowmies heart.
Sassy was at the King's Buffet and as she made her way to the head table, a plate of her favorite food was served and noone ate until Sassy started, a sign of respect.
What a Great Cat you are Sassy and we know that you will let your family and Cat Friend know that you are all right, and will find a place in Paradise where you can all be reunited in love.
One Fine Day :love:

Alysser
05-24-2010, 09:58 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :( May lovely Sassy RIP:love: You had a special name, just like my Sassy and I hope you're happy and healthy once more at the Rainbow bridge pretty girl.

krazyaboutkatz
05-25-2010, 01:12 AM
What a heartwarming story.:) I'm so sorry to hear that she's now passed on.:( Now she's pain free and playing up at the Bridge and I'm sure she's already made many new friends. RIP sweet Sassy.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

chocolatepuppy
05-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Thank you all for the warm condolences. I can't believe she's gone. :( Yes Sassy 'wormed' her way into my house and my heart. I'm so glad she did.

luvofallhorses
05-25-2010, 08:37 PM
(((hugs)))

Catherinedana
05-26-2010, 11:23 AM
My condolences :( Sassy's spirit and yours are intertwined forever. Take solace in that and know that both your lives were richer for meeting each other.

:love: Cathy and the FLock

Laura's Babies
05-26-2010, 06:11 PM
"I don't want a cat!"...

Well, she showed you didn't she!? What a smart girl she was to win over a hooman, a dawg and a guinea pig! I'd say she was a really special girl! I am so sorry for your loss but you gave her a life she would not have had on the street and she knows she was loved.... Even if you didn't want a cat!

rosethecopycat
05-27-2010, 08:47 PM
You might not have wanted a cat, but Sassy dearly wanted a human, and she chose you. I'm so glad you opened your heart to her. You are one smart, determined girly, Sassy.

Godspeed to the Bridge, Sassy.

chocolatepuppy
05-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Thank you all. I got Sassys ashes back today. I miss her. :(

chocolatepuppy
06-08-2010, 07:31 PM
A few weeks have gone by. I still think of you Sassy, every night when I go to bed. You would be right near me wanting your head scratched. If I ignored you, I would feel your tiny paw gently tapping the back of my head. When I eat dinner, you would be curled up on the chair next to mine. I know you're fine where you are, but I sure miss you Sassy.:(

Cataholic
06-09-2010, 05:20 AM
She misses you, too. Hugs to you.

Vio&Juni
06-10-2010, 10:54 AM
She was such a pretty kitty.

lizbud
06-11-2010, 05:42 PM
I am so sorry to read of your loss.:( Sassy was a beautiful little kitten
and her big girl pictures show what a good life she had with you.:)

cloverfdx
06-12-2010, 04:42 AM
:( Oh Annette i am only just seeing this now. I am so sorry that you had to let your special girl go. They sure do make themselves a huge part of our lives, but no for long enough at all.

Sending lots of {{Hugs}} across the big puddle :love:.

chocolatepuppy
06-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Thank you all. I find myself looking at all of her favorite 'places' and she's not there. :(

Marigold2
06-13-2010, 09:50 PM
I am sorry for your loss. I know the pain runs very deep. They give such love and ask for so little in return. Sassy had a good loving home and a good life and that is all any of us can really hope for be we man or fur baby. Sometimes it helps to just sit down and have a good cry. I wish I could give you a hug and a nice warm cup of blueberry tea. Be kind to yourself and cry if you need to...

Anikaca77
06-15-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Sassy.

My thoughts are with you.

Melissa

chocolatepuppy
07-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Two months have gone by Sassy. It's just not the same here without you. I miss you. :(

catmandu
07-25-2010, 08:43 AM
That is the hardest thing to do when a beloved Pet Companion passes on to be a part of Our Awesome Angels Army.:(
Even thiough we know our Angels are with many other Animal Angels exploring our World and seeing the best of everything , it does not take the place of having them there rushing up to us and letting us now just how much we are loved:love:
I feel that way thinking of the days where six Siamese roamed here , and now all i have are photos of them and My Many Found and Porch Cats who are now part of Our Awesome Angels Comapnions.
All I can do is to care for My Found and Porch Cats and pray that I am worthy to join them in Paradise.
One Fine Day:love:

chocolatepuppy
08-05-2010, 04:51 AM
Happy Birthday Sassy! Today you would be 11. Have fun at the Bridge celebrating!:)
You are loved and missed.:(

phesina
08-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Happy birthday to you, Sassy! Chocolatepuppy, I hope this day will be filled with wonderful memories for you.

chocolatepuppy
09-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Eleven years ago today Sassy, was the day you found me. It's not the same here without you. I miss you.:(
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=344

Reachoutrescue
09-27-2010, 08:38 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Sassy seemed like such a good girl and I can tell you loved her very much.

I know the pain you feel, as I am losing my dear Scruff (pup) to cancer.

Please know Sassy is looking down on you now - and so proud of the love you gave her.

I am so sorry. (((HUGS)))

kaotickitty
10-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Thank you for posting this. Sassy was a cutie pie.

I know its hard and you never stop thinking about a fur baby
who has passed away.

Never thought I could get over my fur baby, Sammy's passing
and I guess I probably ever will (he was in my life for a good 14 years)
but my new fur baby, Proton, while not taking Sammy's place, is
making a huge new place in my heart.

chocolatepuppy
12-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Merry Christmas Sassy. Never in my wildest dream did I think last Christmas would be your last. :( You were such a special kitty to me.:) You were the first kitty I had in my adult life. I know you're safe and happy at the Rainbow Bridge. I know you're having a good time. I love you and miss you Sassy.:love:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=2069

luvofallhorses
12-24-2010, 07:11 PM
(((Annette))) I know how much she meant to you, Lacey too. I am sure Lacey & Sassy are having a party up at the bridge for Christmas and watching down on you and playing with Rocky, Jenny, & Ginger I am sure of it.

They want you to have a very Merry Christmas, I know how much it hurts and it's hard to have a good Christmas without the ones you love that you lost, but they will always be with you at Christmas in spirit. Love you!

chocolatepuppy
08-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Happy Birthday at the RB Bridge Sassy!:) Today you would be 12. You left us much too young.:( I know you're doing fine where you are,
but there will always be a special place in my heart for you. You are loved and missed. :love:

pomtzu
08-05-2011, 07:28 AM
They never really leave us, do they? {{{Hugs}}} to you Annette, on this day that is filled with bittersweet memories. :love:

ElGatoTriste
08-05-2011, 12:19 PM
{hugs}

She was a beautiful cat. It's heartbreaking to lose them at any age, but especially when they're still young and your mind goes through all the "what-ifs."

My Feema was 18 when she passed, but I only had her for five years and it just seems so unfair to have to let go so soon. And despite only having her for five years, it's hard for me to remember what life was like without her. Weird, eh?

It's truly amazing how these little animals change our lives.

I'm comforted to think of Sassy and Feema lounging near the RB, gossiping and trading stories about favorite toys and favorite treats. :love:

phesina
08-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Happy birthday there at the Bridge, little Sassy! I'm sure that Feema and all the other beloved critters there are having a wonderful party for you!

chocolatepuppy, {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~ to you on this sad reminder of your loss. Think of all the wonderful memories you and Sassy share! She is with you always, and you will be together again, One Fine Day..

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

luvofallhorses
08-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Happy birthday at the RB sweet girl.
:love: (((HUGS))) Annette. :(

chocolatepuppy
08-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Thank you all. :)

tokolosh
08-05-2011, 09:34 PM
She's just beautiful. Such an adorable little face in those pictures you posted. I loved your story too, and I'm so sorry you lost her. There's never such a thing as 'enough time' with a cat you really love, I know.

chocolatepuppy
05-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Three years since you've been gone Sassy.:( This date will stay in my mind forever and you will forever be in my heart.:love:
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=49982&d=1271900262

phesina
05-25-2013, 06:32 AM
Deepest sympathy to you on this sad anniversary. May your precious memories bring you peace and comfort. You and she shared the most wonderful life, and she is in your heart forever. She is a shining glorious Angel waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge, and you will be together again.. One Fine Day.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: