PDA

View Full Version : the new cat tree and other pics

Chinadoll
10-20-2002, 12:15 PM
Got the new cat tree on friday...of course I had to put it together twice because I used the wrong screws on the bottom so I couldn't tighten the top boards right. Oh well. They knew it was theirs from the moment I opened the box. Before I even had the posts up, Gigi was scratching at them. Only another cat lover would understand why I rearranged my living room to make the cat tree fit and easily accessible for the kitties.
http://members.cox.net/tdomil/cattree.jpg

Here are some other pics. I had about 90 on my digital that I finally uploaded to my computer yesterday. Here are some of the better ones:
http://members.cox.net/tdomil/octkit.jpg

The kitties weren't too pleased with me yesterday. They all went to the vet for shots and check ups. They're all in perfect health according to the vet. Gigi is 4.2 pounds Bixby is 4.7 lbs and Scout is 7.6 lbs. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

aly
10-20-2002, 12:36 PM
ADORABLE kitties!!! And ferrets too!

I saw a cat tree that looked identical to yours on ebay the other day. I'm sure your kitties are just LOVING it! What a great mom they have :)

toughCookie
10-20-2002, 01:00 PM
the pics are so cute! I love the pic of the kitty, on the bottom middle, right under the name Bixby, so cute!

Chinadoll
10-20-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by toughCookie
the pics are so cute! I love the pic of the kitty, on the bottom middle, right under the name Bixby, so cute!

That's Bixby. He loves boxes. He looked so cute just sitting in the box that I had to take a pic. That's him looking up at the strap of the camera waiting to pounce to grab it from me.

Tina
10-20-2002, 01:49 PM
Awww...What very cute kitties!!

neko1
10-20-2002, 03:59 PM
Love the cat tree! Your kitties must be in heaven with that! Glad everything went well with the vet visit. You have some really cute kitties!:D

jenluckenbach
10-20-2002, 06:09 PM
My kitties are jealous of your kittie's tree!

Vermontcat
10-20-2002, 06:48 PM
That is a great cat tree! What do you mean YOUR living room? Isn't it obvious that the living room belongs to your cats now especially with that great tree in it!
I also like that photo of Bixby in the box!:)

Miss Meow
10-20-2002, 07:21 PM
Fantastic tree! And cute pics as always. I'm glad you got some good ones of Scout, he's been elusive with that sweet face of his :)

10-21-2002, 06:50 AM
Fantastic cat-tree ! Ours is much smaller ; Inka and Maya both enjoy it very much : this is something completely for them :) ;) :)

Cataholic
10-21-2002, 10:17 AM
I hope my cats don't see your cats new tree! It makes the little one I purchased for them seem like a seedling :( :(

NoahsMommy
10-21-2002, 11:21 AM
What a great cat tree!!! And those cute pictures!! Too, too cute!! I love the ones where they are cuddling!! So sweet!!!

Do they LOVE thier tree? Do they climb and play on it yet?

Chinadoll
10-21-2002, 12:25 PM
Thanks everyone. They love their new cat tree. Gigi was even rolling one of the posts around scratching on it before I got it together. I have it set up in my living room with the other cat trees...one small, one medium, and this large cat tree. They have a blast racing around flying from one to the other.

Former User
10-21-2002, 12:32 PM
Great pics! That cat treee is almost exactly the same as we have! Casper and Kitty love it!

Vermontcat
10-21-2002, 01:38 PM
Wow! Chinadoll, it sounds like your cats have their own cat tree forest in the living room!(3 cat trees)I think its great especially if they aren't allowed outside, you brought the outdoors in for them.:)

Chinadoll
10-21-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
Wow! Chinadoll, it sounds like your cats have their own cat tree forest in the living room!(3 cat trees)I think its great especially if they aren't allowed outside, you brought the outdoors in for them.:)

Thanks. Yep they are strictly indoor kitties. I don't want to subject them to fleas, mosquitos, or the other stray kitties that hang around our complex that I don't know if they have FIV or FeLv.

The trees all started off with a small one from Walmart. When I brought it home I realized that they would need something bigger in order to stretch and scratch. I knew I could get one cheaper on-line that was much bigger...but I was too impatient to wait for shipping so I bought a bigger one at Petsmart about 3 feet tall with a tunnel tube attached. But of course I still wanted my big one off the net so a week or so ago after I felt guilty about taking away their toy, I ordered it. Yes, they have me wraped around their little paws!

The only bad part is that my living room/dining room is combined so the cat trees are by my dining room table. No matter how far away I try to push the table, they are still able to leap to it.(There's only so far you can go in an apartment.) Plus my end tables, coffee table, and dining table all have glass tops. While they don't get on it while I'm home there are kitty paw prints all over the tables when I get home from work. I swear when I get my own house, I getting all wooden furniture. No more windexing table tops every day!

Kirsten
10-21-2002, 03:20 PM
Cute photos, and what a great cat tree! :) Good that they immediately accepted it! :)

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
10-21-2002, 11:21 PM
That sure is a great cat tree. I'm glad that they like it too. Scout, Bixby, and Gigi are sooo adorable. :)

Uabassoon
10-22-2002, 02:03 AM
That looks like a great cat tree, I wish I could buy one that big for Corkscrew and Tibby. Gigi is looking so pretty her mask looks so much darker. I remember my Zasper was like that, when I first got her she just had a blaze of chocolate on her face, when she got older her entire face was chocolate.