PDA

View Full Version : I am so VERY proud to post this picture...try not to laugh too hard.

moosmom
05-23-2010, 06:36 PM
It's from 1994 when my friend Connie (on the left) and I (on the right and ALOT thinner) met up with our high school friend, Father Rick Frechette. At that time, he was attending medical school in NYC and came home for the weekend to visit his parents. The three of us went to dinner. It was that night that he blessed a gold cross I had around my neck and haven't taken off since.

Father Rick not only went to medical school, he built an orphanage in Haiti and ran (until the earthquake) a hospital as well.

He looks the same as he did in high school, and was my first boyfriend. He still makes my heart flutter. But he has a far better calling than anyone could have imagined.

I was able to get his email address today and sent him an email. It'll probably take a while for him to get back to me because his plate is quite full at this point.

Here we are:

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/IMG1.jpg?t=1274657846

krazyaboutkatz
05-23-2010, 06:47 PM
No, I won't laugh. I think you look wonderful in this picture. Thanks for sharing.:)

Laura's Babies
05-23-2010, 07:04 PM
OH Donna! I am so glad this has finally happened for you. I think you should post the you tube video so everybody can see just what a wonderful person this man is! I am still jumping for joy with you... Now, we have to wait for you to get a email from him. I just can't get over how he hasn't changed a bit in those years since that pic was taken..

Marigold2
05-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Donna how happy and beautiful you are.

moosmom
05-23-2010, 07:52 PM
It's Father Rick giving an update on Haiti. My heart still goes pitter pat. Why is it guys always age so gracefully??? *sigh* Story of my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMRuSAa9rE

davidpizzica
05-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Oh Donna, you look so super in that picture and you still look super and special to me!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-24-2010, 10:17 AM
My heart still goes pitter pat

wonder what it will do when he replies ;) great pic

moosmom
05-24-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing from him. He and Andrea Boccelli are due to come to the U.S. I'd LOVE to see Andrea in concert. I'd also love to see Rick in person after 14 years.

Laura's Babies
05-24-2010, 02:38 PM
If you get any "inside" information, I better be the FIRST to know about "my man" doing a concert in the USA! That is my biggest dream, to see him in concert! You, me and Rick can go together!

moosmom
05-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Oh Laura, trust me, you WILL be the first to know.